PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@TB . PRACTICE news etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-watching all-22. Rowe was the worst player on the field Sunday IMO. Soft coverage, missed assignments, late reads, ugly missed tackles in crucial situations..

Let him rehab fully and collect himself..
Horrible game. Was playing with a groin injury he re-injured. When healthy, he was very good.

And that is not the first tweet that I saw complaining about the recently newly added surface. In fact there was an NFLPA related tweet just days after the new surface was put into place questioning its softness.

What the hell is going on with the turf in this stadium ? Someone laundering some money by putting up a new turf every 2-3 weeks ?

indeed

Just re-watching all-22. Rowe was the worst player on the field Sunday IMO. Soft coverage, missed assignments, late reads, ugly missed tackles in crucial situations..

Let him rehab fully and collect himself..

That's how I felt watching the defensive snaps on monday.

Main reason I was hesitant to call him out specifically is that everyone in the secondary had issues and this can just snowball into any players individual performance where he starts to second guess himself and is late or screws up completely because of that.

The other reason is that I thought I might have simply misread some of the coverage breakdowns and attributed them to Rowe while by all accounts it was Gilmore who got benched for one play before Rowe reinjured his groin.

That's how I felt watching the defensive snaps on monday.

Main reason I was hesitant to call him out specifically is that everyone in the secondary had issues and this can just snowball into any players individual performance where he starts to second guess himself and is late or screws up completely because of that.

The other reason is that I thought I might have simply misread some of the coverage breakdowns and attributed them to Rowe while by all accounts it was Gilmore who got benched for one play before Rowe reinjured his groin.

This would belong to re-watch but let me answer here anyway..

Hard to judge benching after one play as well. They felt they needed to make a change . Rowe was suffering in nickel, Gilmore was too easily confused, so they put Rowe outside in base 4DB . was easily beaten again on cross route before injuring himself.

The difference was other guys made plays and held their own most of the time when not blowing it completely . Rowe didn't.

Ugh. He also made some comments yesterday which weren't exactly bad but also weren't inspiring either. [overreaction time] hope we're not witnessing a 2009 mutiny type situation here.

We need an effective Branch and don't have a good backup with Valentine out. This really hurts.

Glad this is brought up If Branch thinks he's better than that Slug Malcolm Brown I can't argue with him.

Ugh. He also made some comments yesterday which weren't exactly bad but also weren't inspiring either. [overreaction time] hope we're not witnessing a 2009 mutiny type situation here.

We need an effective Branch and don't have a good backup with Valentine out. This really hurts.

I dont know why you are going so far back to 2009.

It is the same as what Sheard went through last year.. Benched against the Seahawks in favor of Flowers and then not even on the plane to San Francisco. Is it concerning ? Yep. Is it something unique ? Nope, it happens every year.

It would seem that if Branch isn't good enough to be active, he should be cut in favor of backup capable of playing (or one that might be good enough to backup in a few weeks).

So, much for cutting players one year before their talent fades. It seem that we have Branch and Chung.

Didn't Allan Branch Re-up in FA?? What's up with some of these guys after they get paid??

It would seem that if Branch isn't good enough to be active, he should be cut in favor of backup capable of playing (or one that might be good enough to backup in a few weeks).

So, much for cutting players one year before their talent fades. It seem that we have Branch and Chung.

Just stop *****ing about Chung please. He is not playing substantially better or worse than in the last two years.

I dont know why you are going so far back to 2009.

It is the same as what Sheard went through last year.. Benched against the Seahawks in favor of Flowers and then not even on the plane to San Francisco. Is it concerning ? Yep. Is it something unique ? Nope, it happens every year.

You're right, that crossed my mind too. Difference is that Sheard kept his mouth shut. Branch made a comment - which on its own doesn't sound that bad, but could also be considered him making a backhanded swipe questioning the coaching staff. Let's hope it's not the latter.

What I'm wondering in Branch's case is that it took him a long time to actually sign his deal, and I seem to recall (although I haven't tried to find the backup for it) there being some sort of offseason injury or surgery that was the holdup. And then he starts camp on PUP. I'm really hoping that if that's the case, that he's just working his way back through the injury.

You're right, that crossed my mind too. Difference is that Sheard kept his mouth shut. Branch made a comment - which on its own doesn't sound that bad, but could also be considered him making a backhanded swipe questioning the coaching staff. Let's hope it's not the latter.

It is on Branch to respond to this situation in a constructive manner. Nobody is out to get him, his play has been crap and he needs to address that or lower his own expectations.

It is on Branch to respond to this situation in a constructive manner. Nobody is out to get him, his play has been crap and he needs to address that or lower his own expectations.

Agreed. Otherwise, we're onto Vita Vea.

Agreed. Otherwise, we're onto Vita Vea.

I so badly want the quadruple V defense next year: Vincent Valentine / Vita Vea.

Seriously, though, he's the best DT I've seen in years. He can be a Ngata or Poe type, or even better if he hits his ceiling. So massive, impossible to move against the run, and astonishingly light on his feet in space. Great prospect (if still inconsistent as a player).

We would need a top 10 pick to get Vita Vea. He's Wilfork all over again. Yes, we got Vince at 21, but we were very fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes