PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@NO . RE-WATCH thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There were some ideas and agreement we should have a re-watch thread to complement post-game reactions, impressions etc. So let's start one and see how it works..

Until we get some of the board's re-watch material (here's looking at you Tony & co) let's start with some film reviews from around:

Here's a solid review from Kyed concentrating on offensive production after Gronk went out (btw also Burkhead) possibly bringing some reassurance to worrying fans that Pats have many ways to move the ball even without Gronk . while Roberts, Wise, A.Butler, Marsh and Guy are reason for some optimism on D as well..

Patriots Film Review: How Tom Brady Kept Offense Producing After Injuries
__

And here some re-watch notes from Patspropaganda:
Notes on the Patriots-Saints Re-Watch - PatsPropaganda

..illustration from Dussault article showing how much life is easier w Gronk though..

2no.png

Last edited:
Great stuff! Thanks for the post.

I didn't see this anywhere, but look at the technique from Wise in the Chiefs game. It's really fantastic. I thought he was a natural replacement for Chandler Jones, and I liked him better in college (thought he had more urgency to his game when he wasn't injured, and he was also more productive), despite the difference in draft positions. He seemed like the easiest projection for a Patriots player in the entire draft.

I didn't see this anywhere, but look at the technique from Wise in the Chiefs game. It's really fantastic. I thought he was a natural replacement for Chandler Jones, and I liked him better in college (thought he had more urgency to his game when he wasn't injured, and he was also more productive), despite the difference in draft positions. He seemed like the easiest projection for a Patriots player in the entire draft.

You know how intrigued I was about him after Shrine game. I couldn't understand nobody had him higher than 6th round then. Still I am surprised how quickly he became so impactful in the big league esp. w injuries seemingly setting him back again in the middle of TC. Hopefully he continues this against Texans backup tackles. And builds up on that to challenge any tackle coming up..

As we said on draft night . he could be the steal of the draft health permitting..

Great stats from Lazar here:

JJ stepping up on D was one of the best things to me. Both PBUs were huge esp. since he seemed to really improve on that one step missing from last year. He also had one hurry and besides the fact that he made it Im even more pleased that they gave him a chance there since he might be the most dangerous blitzer from the slot on the team..

Guy and Roberts confirming run stopping form: 3 each. Great to see Wise's run awareness besides pressures as well..

That move was diabolical!

Dion Lewis had 4 carries: Two of them:

• Shot out of a cannon for a 13 yard gain
  • One of the best two yard runs you'll ever see. It should have been a loss on the play.

I know White has rightfully earned the passing game work. If Lewis is fully healthy he should atleast get 5-10 carries a game. I hope he rotates in more with Gillislee.

Rich Hill can't be posting pictures like this

The ball is already out of his hands. He can't do that, the defender was already running towards Allen. It's highly debatable if Hogan would have gained any more yards than Allen would have. The defender was watching Brady, if Brady starts his throwing motion towards Hogan, that defender would have moved towards Hogan.

Complete BS on Rich Hill to post a pic with the ball already out of his hands. You gotta take a pic as Brady starts his throwing motion. Somebody with twitter needs to get on Rich Hill about that.

Last edited:
Guy is #1 DL in my book at the moment. Hard to understand they played Branch over him most of the time vs KC. Look at #3 repetition..

Brown doesn't get enough credit for the dirty job (don't mean in this clip but in general..)

I noticed this. Other teams are throwing stacks, trips, etc wherever he lines up to take advantage of that. He has to get on the same page as the other DBs, and fast because you can bet Houston is going to throw a good dose of trips package at us.

There were some ideas and agreement we should have a re-watch thread to complement post-game reactions, impressions etc. So let's start one and see how it works..

Until we get some of the board's re-watch material (here's looking at you Tony & co) let's start with some film reviews from around:

Here's a solid review from Kyed concentrating on offensive production after Gronk went out (btw also Burkhead) possibly bringing some reassurance to worrying fans that Pats have many ways to move the ball even without Gronk . while Roberts, Wise, A.Butler, Marsh and Guy are reason for some optimism on D as well..

Patriots Film Review: How Tom Brady Kept Offense Producing After Injuries
__

And here some re-watch notes from Patspropaganda:
Notes on the Patriots-Saints Re-Watch - PatsPropaganda

..illustration from Dussault article showing how much life is easier w Gronk though..

View attachment 18003

I love how we came out with Burkhead and a FB, let the Saints respond and then just spread both out wide and took the mismatch that was created simply by formation. Love it.

Not a re-watch really . but it was just amazing moment of the game. Tribute to NE preparation. Lombardi commented there are not many teams that are able to pull this off..

Even on BSPN NYJFL* Primetime, Jeff Saturday and Tim Hasselbeck broke it all down. It was interesting to see the little things the Patriot players had to do, declaring as eligible to the ref, not running into each other(guys going off ran to the chains as opposed to the bench where guys were coming on to the field) And they all did it well, and correctly.

Looks like they did it in 13-14 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back