PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@NO . RE-WATCH thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some ideas and agreement we should have a re-watch thread to complement post-game reactions, impressions etc. So let's start one and see how it works..

Until we get some of the board's re-watch material (here's looking at you Tony & co) let's start with some film reviews from around:

Here's a solid review from Kyed concentrating on offensive production after Gronk went out (btw also Burkhead) possibly bringing some reassurance to worrying fans that Pats have many ways to move the ball even without Gronk . while Roberts, Wise, A.Butler, Marsh and Guy are reason for some optimism on D as well..

Patriots Film Review: How Tom Brady Kept Offense Producing After Injuries
__

And here some re-watch notes from Patspropaganda:
Notes on the Patriots-Saints Re-Watch - PatsPropaganda

..illustration from Dussault article showing how much life is easier w Gronk though..

View attachment 18003

Are you ok with me posting the Coaching film re watch stuff in this thread? Keep it all under one roof type of thing?

Coaches film is up.

Need suggestions.

I will make one video containing all of the Saints big plays.

Chung and just how bad of a game he had. Seemed to get burned left and right.

Are you ok with me posting the Coaching film re watch stuff in this thread? Keep it all under one roof type of thing?

Ok? I opened this w your stuff in mind! (we said so last week..) We're just entertaining the crowd here until you strike!

Go for something you care and media don't.
Brown snap by snap and meat on OL statistics would be interesting to me. I might go for Brown tomorrow though since coaches film is not needed there..

JJ is an interesting developing story as well.. to look how he did besides two great PBUs
Roberts likewise (coverage, lateral..) . LB in general

Im going through ST units at the moment . unfortunately still don't have coaches film so I might need your help on a player or two..

Last edited:
Rich Hill can't be posting pictures like this

The ball is already out of his hands. He can't do that, the defender was already running towards Allen. It's highly debatable if Hogan would have gained any more yards than Allen would have. The defender was watching Brady, if Brady starts his throwing motion towards Hogan, that defender would have moved towards Hogan.

Complete BS on Rich Hill to post a pic with the ball already out of his hands. You gotta take a pic as Brady starts his throwing motion. Somebody with twitter needs to get on Rich Hill about that.

Not to mention that defender with his hand already near Brady's face might have had a play on any shot more towards the sidelines.

Started on second half and it was just great to hear Romo saying in gentle enthusiastic manner:

“It goes to show you.. I mean how gifted is this team and Tom Brady . to lose their guys that basically their offense runs through . which is that option route running guy . and then come out and have the most yardage he ever had in the first half. ever! You just don't see these things! We're watching rare things happening in the NFL with Belichick and Brady! We're not gonna see this when this guys are gone..“

Do you remember any particular play?

Any play he was lined up one on one against Kamara. Got burned once and wonder how many other times he was burned without consequence.

Curious on the two deep plays to Dorsett: How was his route running, how did the play develop, his speed, etc.

Good suggestion.

Warning: Watching these four plays might cause a bit of over optimism-itus.

Here are the Plays:
upload_2017-9-19_19-31-59.png

Good suggestion.

Warning: Watching these four plays might cause a bit of over optimism-itus.

Here are the Plays:
View attachment 18006

Awesome, thanks!

Dorsett looks smooth & obviously quick. All we need from him is 30-40% snaps in a Taylor Gabriel/J.J. Nelson type role & there will be even more room in the middle of the field for Gronk/etc.

The play design on the last one was really cool. Hopefully we save that for some aggressive defenses.

Rich Hill can't be posting pictures like this

The ball is already out of his hands. He can't do that, the defender was already running towards Allen. It's highly debatable if Hogan would have gained any more yards than Allen would have. The defender was watching Brady, if Brady starts his throwing motion towards Hogan, that defender would have moved towards Hogan.

Complete BS on Rich Hill to post a pic with the ball already out of his hands. You gotta take a pic as Brady starts his throwing motion. Somebody with twitter needs to get on Rich Hill about that.

We might have to give Rich the benefit of the doubt on this one but I do agree that a lot of the "he was open" stuff neglects to watch the full play.

It's tough to tell. The LB is watching Brady's eyes on this throw. If Brady had decided to go to Hogan the LB would have went there as well.

On a side note: Hogan many have better served the play getting closer to the sideline which might have pulled that LB away from the original play.

Great stuff! Thanks for the post.

I didn't see this anywhere, but look at the technique from Wise in the Chiefs game. It's really fantastic. I thought he was a natural replacement for Chandler Jones, and I liked him better in college (thought he had more urgency to his game when he wasn't injured, and he was also more productive), despite the difference in draft positions. He seemed like the easiest projection for a Patriots player in the entire draft.

That's crazy looking at that.. so violent.. looked like he was just pulling around a rag doll

I have a link to the full game replay with commercials cut out. Would it be against forum rules to share that type of thing?

One thing I've noticed so far this season, is we do seem to be giving up bigger plays for some reason. I'm not sure if I just don't remember them but feels like the last two weeks we've given up big plays via the air. Not sure if it's just me or there's something going a bit wrong at the moment

Condensed replay is on NFL Network right now!

Any play he was lined up one on one against Kamara. Got burned once and wonder how many other times he was burned without consequence.

This was a good suggestion Viper. I think it can lead to some good discussions.

I'm just going to post the video but without the usual notes.

I will say that play #1 is just a great pass by Brees. Sometimes you can't beat a great pass.

Lastly I think Chung had a decent night but he did give up some plays.

This was a good suggestion Viper. I think it can lead to some good discussions.

I'm just going to post the video but without the usual notes.

I will say that play #1 is just a great pass by Brees. Sometimes you can't beat a great pass.

Lastly I think Chung had a decent night but he did give up some plays.

Those are the plays where I dont understand what people expect from Chung.

He is tight in coverage but a player who is clearly faster gets a step on him and catches -- like you already mentioned -- a perfect pass from Brees in full stride. The entire sequence works out that well how many times ? 5/10 ?

Anyone remember when despite all his amazing athleticism Jamie Collins got beat by Lynch in a similar situation during a SB on the Seahawks final drive ? But then we expect Chung to be even tighter on Kamara ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes