PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My question to those ready to crown the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 times in 20 years is not often. He is 43. Did you watch him play last year and in 2017?
Six of those came in the last decade when he won league MVP twice. So yeah, that is pretty often in my book. I did watch him last year and saw a putrid set of skill positions around him. He won't have that in Tampa. Just the opposite to go along with an offensive-minded HC.

Dude’s gonna likely get two games max. He should be suspended for four games. Are they gonna go soft on him because of the new cba?

Not sure, aren't you required to carry a gun in Texas?

Does it depend how severely the State penalizes him?

If the Patriots swapped skill positions right now with Tampa, what kind of season do you think Brady has with the Pats stats-wise?

Six of those came in the last decade when he won league MVP twice So yeah, that is pretty often in my book. I did watch him last year and saw a putrid set of skill positions around him. He won't have that in Tampa. Just the opposite to go along with an offensive-minded HC.
If you think you saw an mvp level qb and except a 43 year old to play like he did when he was 35 good luck.

If you think you saw an mvp level qb and except a 43 year old to play like he did when he was 35 good luck.
Since when is 30+ TDs MVP level? I expect him to have much better stats then last year with his weapons, HC and warm weather.

Although, interestingly, Vegas has Brady 5th on odds to win league MVP with only Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson and Watson ahead of him. So basically they believe Brady will be the second best QB in the NFC.
2020 NFL MVP odds: Patrick Mahomes the favorite over Lamar Jackson, with Tom Brady cracking top five

Since when is 30+ TDs MVP level? I expect him to have much better stats then last year with his weapons, HC and warm weather.

Although, interestingly, Vegas has Brady 5th on odds to win league MVP with only Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson and Watson ahead of him. So basically they believe Brady will be the second best QB in the NFC.
2020 NFL MVP odds: Patrick Mahomes the favorite over Lamar Jackson, with Tom Brady cracking top five

Brady winning mvp in 2020 at age 43 is a fantasy and nothing more.

Brady winning mvp in 2020 at age 43 is a fantasy and nothing more.
I agree. Although most believed him winning it at age 40 was fantasy too. Still does not mean his stats won't be much improved over last year.

Your reasoning was that years he was the mvp are the sample for how he will play at 43.
He is not the same player.
But him in the system you think will be better than the patriots and he won’t make it to November. He is 43.

I agree. Although most believed him winning it at age 40 was fantasy too. Still does not mean his stats won't be much improved over last year.

He wouldn’t have if Wentz was healthy and Brady was a much better QB at age 40 than he is now.

But I agree his stats should be better.

Your reasoning was that years he was the mvp are the sample for how he will play at 43.
He is not the same player.
But him in the system you think will be better than the patriots and he won’t make it to November. He is 43.
That is not my reasoning at all. I was just referencing that his best play has come in the past decade. There is no reason to believe that with the talent he has now in Tampa that he won't improve his stats from last year.

That is not my reasoning at all. I was just referencing that his best play has come in the past decade. There is no reason to believe that with the talent he has now in Tampa that he won't improve his stats from last year.

Of course an 88 passer rating isn’t a high bar to climb over.

7 times in 20 years is not often. He is 43. Did you watch him play last year and in 2017?

To be fair the receivers where a joke the middle and second half of the year. He started doing well in the beginning when gordon was contributing and dorsett. Let me ask you this. Had brown stayed and continue playing would we be having this discussion? His numbers likely would be 34 tds to those 8 ints.

Reason number 74 that passer rating is a useless formula.

Having receivers that couldn’t get open through a wet paper bag is useless including one playing injured.

Of course there is but that’s fine you have your opinion and clearly aren’t interested in being open minded about. Time to move on.

Having receivers that couldn’t get open through a wet paper bag is useless including one playing injured.
Passer rating is a useless formula.

To be fair the receivers where a joke the middle and second half of the year. He started doing well in the beginning when gordon was contributing and dorsett. Let me ask you this. Had brown stayed and continue playing would we be having this discussion? His numbers likely would be 34 tds to those 8 ints.
Over his last 8 games he completed 55% of his passes and threw 10 TD passes.
You think the Tom Brady you watched last year was going to have better numbers than Tom brady of 2014?
Wow. You are entitled to your opinion but damn.
Tom Brady is 43 years old.

All speculation at this point. I guess we hopefully will see how this year's offense compares with last years offense. If this offense sucks, then probably safe to say Tom wasn't the issue. If it does fine, then we can have a discussion, about why it got better.

All speculation at this point. I guess we hopefully will see how this year's offense compares with last years offense. If this offense sucks, then probably safe to say Tom wasn't the issue. If it does fine, then we can have a discussion, about why it got better.

Yep. Health will be a big reason imo why it would get better.

Buffalo tastes a lot like hamburger.
Never the less we need to make sure Stidham gets plenty of fresh fish.
What if one prefers hamburger (from beef, not buffalo) instead of fresh fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3