PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My question to those ready to crown the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Conventional wisdom states that, with Tom Brady gone, Buffalo should be favored to win the AFCE. Conventional wisdom, as we know, is often incorrect.

The flaw in this logic comes from our tendency to measure the talent gap from Brady to Stidham, and to scale that talent gap up, as if the potential drop in QB play will result in a proportional drop in the quality of the team at large. The arithmetic is not so simple in a game in which 22 men take the field at once.

Compare the two teams, outside of the QB position. We have the edge in the defensive secondary, o line (if healthy) running game (if the o line is healthy) and special teams. The Bills have the edge in their defensive line, pass rush and receivers. Overall, I'd call it a push, with coaching pushing the needle in our favor.

Which brings us back to the quarterbacks. And to everyone expecting us to tank in 2020, I have a simple question: Is there a chance that Jarrett Stidham is as good as Josh Allen? Ask this to anyone ready to hand the division over to Buffalo, and I bet it will stop them in their tracks.

No one should be crowning the Jills.

You are right...everytime I think of Allen it gives me pause and I'm of the belief the Bills will win the division. QBs who run give us fits though, otherwise I'd say he's total garbage. I just think we'll lose all division winner games which will hand the division over.

No one should crown them but if they can’t win the afc east this year then they never will with josh allen. Allen has everything at his disposal. Their secondary isn’t garbage either.

IMO Josh Allen is one of the worst starting QBs in football. And beyond that, he is incapable of improving much. He is one of the worst QBs in the league on accuracy at 10+ yards.

The Bills should have made an aggressive push for Brady and will regret their “wishful thinking” about Allen, who they coddle and hype up at all costs.

If the Patriots are out, I will be cheering for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. Only division rival I don't hate. Great fans there and they've been through a lot with their team. They remind me of us from back in the day.

With that said no I'm not close to ready to concede the division. Last season I thought they were vulnerable against the run and there's the Josh Allen factor too. They have a very good secondary but ours is better.

I'm concerned that Allen might have the competitive fire and leadership abilities that Brady has.

In his first year he led the Bills to a 5-1 record over the last 6 games.

Last year at 10-6 Allen found ways to win despite often poor stats.

Allen had the most 4th quarter comeback wins in 2019.

Like Brady, he will use the chip on his shoulder (1 college scholarship- Wyoming) to propel him to a long career as a starter .

Last edited:
F that....I am planning on ordering my 19th AFC East Champions locker room cap in January....

Let's Fing Gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

If the Patriots are out, I will be cheering for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. Only division rival I don't hate. Great fans there...

The Buffalo fans that I know are only rivaled by Colts fans in their insane beliefs that the Patriots would never win anything without some orchestrated cheating, rule breaking that is apparently facilitated by the NFL, the CIA, and even by alien invaders.

Sure, they have suffered a good while, like (say) Detroit or Cleveland fans. But they are at another level of paranoid delusions about sinister plots to make the Patriots successful.

Anyone crowning the Bills has clearly never seen Josh Allen try and fail to play QB at anywhere near an NFL level.

I have already crowned the Jets.

At being the suckiest team in the Division once again!

The Buffalo fans that I know are only rivaled by Colts fans in their insane beliefs that the Patriots would never win anything without some orchestrated cheating, rule breaking that is apparently facilitated by the NFL, the CIA, and even by alien invaders.

Sure, they have suffered a good while, like (say) Detroit or Cleveland fans. But they are at another level of paranoid delusions about sinister plots to make the Patriots successful.

I think we’ll find those types in almost every fan base. The Bills fans I know just hate us only because we’ve beaten them like a drum almost every year for the last 2 decades. Understandable. I hated the Kelly/Reed/Thomas Bills for the same reason.

Josh Allen ladies and gentlemen! :eek:

Seems fair to say the Bills are the favorites, without crowning them. I'm really intrigued to see how this plays out. I thought the Matt Cassell year was really fun -- loved that team.

I think we’ll find those types in almost every fan base. The Bills fans I know just hate us only because we’ve beaten them like a drum almost every year for the last 2 decades. Understandable. I hated the Kelly/Reed/Thomas Bills for the same reason.

Saw this today randomly.

This was one of those games that just gets lost in the annals of time, at least for me. I know I watched it but a lot of those early season Bills games blend in together.

Brady 21-27, 252 3TDs. I know Moss is open on this but still there are four defenders in the vicinity, it's beautiful. Superb pass by Brady, watch him lead Moss just a bit to where only he can catch it. You look at Mahomes today and the noobs think he's a better passer than Brady ever was but then you bust out a gem like this that is just another random dime from a decade ago which suffers from recency bias.

Bills fans had to deal with this time and again, twice a year. I'm not saying I feel bad for them but I can't imagine the feeling of despair to have to be a sports fan and have the Patriots in the same division for two decades.

Saw this today randomly.

This was one of those games that just gets lost in the annals of time, at least for me. I know I watched it but a lot of those early season Bills games blend in together.

Brady 21-27, 252 3TDs. I know Moss is open on this but still there are four defenders in the vicinity, it's beautiful. Superb pass by Brady, watch him lead Moss just a bit to where only he can catch it. You look at Mahomes today and the noobs think he's a better passer than Brady ever was but then you bust out a gem like this that is just another random dime from a decade ago which suffers from recency bias.

Bills fans had to deal with this time and again, twice a year. I'm not saying I feel bad for them but I can't imagine the feeling of despair to have to be a sports fan and have the Patriots in the same division for two decades.

Great throw and great call by Harlan too!

Should be an interesting year. I'm sure the sexy pick by the prognosticators will be to pick the Bills. And of course, they will say how the Pats have the worst QB in the AFC East. I have faith in Belichick that he will have his guys ready to go and will be competitive.

I have a simple question: Is there a chance that Jarrett Stidham is as good as Josh Allen?

There's a chance that Stidham is as good as Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers and Brees.

What's your point, other than ridiculous homerism? Because it's not logic.

Buffalo was #2 in the NFL in points allowed last year.
Buffalo was #3 in the NFL in yards allowed last year.

Buffalo also added Diggs to Beasley and Brown from last year, improving the team's WRs. The Patriots, meanwhile, were busy losing 2 of their top 3 LBs.

Why is it so hard to just admit the obvious around here? As of right now,

• The 12 win Patriots likely got worse.
  • The 10 win Bills likely got better.
  • The 7 win Jets likely got better, particularly if you adjust for the early season mono situation.
  • The 5 win Dolphins likely got better.
  • Given all the changes, this is a season where there stands an excellent chance of the Patriots not winning the AFCE.

Why is this problematic for you people to acknowledge?

Last edited:
If the Patriots are out, I will be cheering for the Bills to win a Super Bowl. Only division rival I don't hate. Great fans there and they've been through a lot with their team. They remind me of us from back in the day.

With that said no I'm not close to ready to concede the division. Last season I thought they were vulnerable against the run and there's the Josh Allen factor too. They have a very good secondary but ours is better.

the only Bill I like is Jim Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back