PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My question to those ready to crown the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buffalo tastes a lot like hamburger.
Never the less we need to make sure Stidham gets plenty of fresh fish.

I don't know why people are getting bent over this. There were years when the Jets and Rex "won the off-season" and it didn't change a thing.

• Schedule, a wash. Only differences Pats have Ravens and Texans and the Bills have the Steelers (with Ben) and the Titans. But here's the reason why I'll still give the Patriots an edge here, both of their schedules are brutal. Bill will game plan for the match up and find a way to get a win or two they probably shouldn't. He'll manage Stidham away from having too high a load. This is going to be the 01 with Brady or 08 with Cassell offense. Meanwhile the Bills are who they are for better or worse. They are going to hit some unfavorable match-ups and Allen is going to be pressed into doing too much.
  • Players added vs lost, decidedly advantage Bills. Just the Patriots losing Brady, KVN, Collins and Harmon should factor in the Bills favor. Both teams had a solid draft so we'll call that a draw. Bills added Diggs which in combination with their other receivers they WR corps is far superior to the Pats.
  • Win differential from the previous year, disadvantage majorly for the Bills. They won 4 more games than the year before. Teams who make that jump historically take a step back the next year most often than not.
Honestly in my mind the real wild card in all of this is if Tua is healthy and can start the year. If he's a factor I wouldn't sleep in Miami. What B-Flo did down there last year with a team lacking talent and they finished the year 5-4 knocking our asses out of the bye shouldn't be underestimated. I really wish they kept him and not Josh as the heir apparent. And sh!t we could move our picks up half a round just for making the right choice.

I think people are right in saying the division is up for grabs but wrong in saying it's Buffalo's to lose.

Bills just lost DE Ed Oliver for a few games due to a DWI/gun arrest last night in Houston.

Things have a way of evening out.

Even Mahomes only got 26 TDs last year. Brady hasn't hit 30+ TDs since 2017, which was his last great statistical year. Don't get me wrong, he CAN be what Joe Montana did to the Chiefs in 1992 and guide him into the playoffs. I just don't think he's going to put up fantasy numbers right away.
Get your point, but to be fair; Mahomes missed 2.5 games. Got injured early in the game @ DEN. Based off of Mahomes’ usual production, that’s at least 5-6 TDs subtracted from his projected season he total.

Brady had 24 TDs last year with a terrible offense and no red zone threat and an ailing right elbow. Him throwing for 30+ TDs seems right on point. Would not surprise me to see him approach 40 given Arians will keep throwing even if the Bucs are up big.

Brady had 24 TDs last year with a terrible offense and no red zone threat and an ailing right elbow. Him throwing for 30+ TDs seems right on point. Would not surprise me to see him approach 40 given Arians will keep throwing even if the Bucs are up big.
The flip side of that is he needs to learn a new offense, get comfortable, develop trust in his receivers with a limited preseason and take more hits than he did in NE.

no not really...i don't recall ever squirting ketchup and mustard all over myself and throwing myself onto a flaming picnic table.

Lets not get too crazy. The Pats weren't allowed to host Monday Night Football games for a good while because the fans were so terrible.

He had thrown 40 TD passes once in his life. He is 43.

he’ll have a good season. MVP like some are saying is a fantasy.

The flip side of that is he needs to learn a new offense, get comfortable, develop trust in his receivers with a limited preseason and take more hits than he did in NE.
True. The learning of the offense I think is somewhat overplayed. Brady said the terminology has changed but the routes are the routes. I think what was smart about Arians approach was only having Brady learn the offense as he won't have to teach anything to the rest of the team. Given Brady's high football IQ, I can't imagine anything related to the play book will hold him back. He won't let it.

In terms of the receivers, Brady has never had any issue developing trust and rapport with really good receivers. I am thinking of Moss who did not even play in the preseason, Josh Gordon who came at the end of August, AB last year who showed up after week 1, Martellus Bennett. Those are the caliber of players he will have in Tampa. Not Aaron Dobson types.

I also don't think he will take more hits. Arians will get the ball out of his hands and he has a pretty good Oline too. He didn't make it age 43 on a brand new, fully guaranteed contract because of taking unnecessary hits. He will manipulate the pocket as he always does and get rid of the ball either to a receiver or out of bounds to avoid the big hits.

Bills just lost DE Ed Oliver for a few games due to a DWI/gun arrest last night in Houston.

Things have a way of evening out.

Dude’s gonna likely get two games max. He should be suspended for four games. Are they gonna go soft on him because of the new cba?

He has thrown 30+ TDs SEVEN times in his career. The most recent being 2017 when he had 32. He has also never had a receiver corp as good as this one either. Like I said 30+ seems reasonable with high 30s as the high mark.

In checking TD stats how is total offensive TD's scored factored in.

If both the Colts and Pats score 60 TDs but Peyton chooses to go for 1 yard TD passes while the Pats run it in then he's set for many MVP awards.

Rushing TDs also decrease the chances you will be paying JS4 $40 million in 2022.

He has thrown 30+ TDs SEVEN times in his career. The most recent being 2017 when he had 32. He has also never had a receiver corp as good as this one either. Like I said 30+ seems reasonable with high 30s as the high mark.
7 times in 20 years is not often. He is 43. Did you watch him play last year and in 2017?

In checking TD stats how is total offensive TD's scored factored in.

If both the Colts and Pats score 60 TDs but Peyton chooses to go for 1 yard TD passes while the Pats run it in then he's set for many MVP awards.

Rushing TDs also decrease the chances you will be paying JS4 $40 million in 2022.
Reason number 74 that passer rating is a useless formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back