PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Last 10 Cuts

. Maybe he's finally taken the next step and can be a serviceable role player. That's my hope at least.
I think that Belichick already considers Bryant to be a serviceable role player: a backup outside corner,, a backup nickel back, and a backup punt returner.

Paying your dues does not make you valuable to the team. Taylor has shown little. I expect that no one will pick him up, and that he will be on our Practice Squad. This is a pretty good deal for a marginal player.
Taylor has had few opportunities and when he does it is some idiotic run play up the middle vs a defense playing the run.

Paying your dues and working hard means something. Keeping Montgomery will come back to bite the Pats in the arse. Dude cant stay on the field.

Perhaps the real answer is be good enough to make the team and don't get cut. Or don't suck and you won't get cut. Or do well enough to show up in practice rather than against 3rd string players in preseason and you don't get cut. Last year in 10 rushing attempts he had 9 yards year before he averaged 2 yds per carry in 19 carries. Are we really even talking about him for any reason at all? He isn't big enough to block and hasn't taken advantage of the few opportunities he has been given in real games.
You ever heard of a RB getting in a rhythm?

The Pats bring Taylor in for 1 play and then yank him out.

You ever heard of a RB getting in a rhythm?

The Pats bring Taylor in for 1 play and then yank him out.
He has stunk the last 2 years in limited play time. Why would we bring him in for 1 play? The only time he has really shined is in preseason against vanilla defenses against 3rd string players. I hope he suddenly becomes amazing, and the promise he kinda sorta maybe shows in preseason against scrubs comes through, but I am certainly not losing any sleep over him.

Yes, I expect Taylor to be cut. He isn't in my final 10 cuts.

I think that we are fine with 4 RB's. Montogomery is a bonus 5th RB for whatever time that he is available.

I hope Taylor gets the nod over Montgomery.

Montgomery is as durable as a wet paper bag. He got hurt the 2nd day of practice with no pads, so I think he is gone, but he
Could be brought back at anytime

I don’t see other teams chasing a 31 year old RB/WR who can’t get healthy

He has stunk the last 2 years in limited play time. Why would we bring him in for 1 play? The only time he has really shined is in preseason against vanilla defenses against 3rd string players. I hope he suddenly becomes amazing, and the promise he kinda sorta maybe shows in preseason against scrubs comes through, but I am certainly not losing any sleep over him.
He has not played over 2 years.

if ferentz gets cut he will be brought back
russey to practice squad?
Carl Davis... eh
sam roberts? gone im thinking
sean wade has had enough time to show us exactly nothing
mac wilson - was surprised they brought him back
Outside of the obvious...this off season I have absolutely no clue whatsoever of who is safe and who is cut.. injuries are piling up.. the O line is in dissaray.. just a wonder IMO

Outside of the obvious...this off season I have absolutely no clue whatsoever of who is safe and who is cut.. injuries are piling up.. the O line is in dissaray.. just a wonder IMO
lol, amen to that... its a pile of ,,, whatever... lol

OL is coming back together exactly as predicted. Onwenu off PUP today. Strange takes off red jersey. Anderson makes first appearance at practice in a while. That's not disarray. That's a plan coming together.

Pretty much nobody else agrees with me, but I predict Cunningham ends up on the PS. He's shown nothing as a receiver, and a few good plays as QB in a pre-season game isn't going to change teams' evaluation of him as a QB - he went undrafted.
Lot of teams would love to have him on their PS, but I predict they are not going to put him on their roster.

We're going to carry an extra WR, so no room for 3 QBs.

We're going to carry an extra WR, so no room for 3 QBs.
I wonder if there are here who think that carrying an extra WR for a day is the only way to be able to have the 3rd QB on the roster.

I wonder if there are here who think that carrying an extra WR for a day is the only way to be able to have the 3rd QB on the roster.

Nobody here knows Thornton's injury status, so it could only be a guess.

Normally they have a couple of vets that don't have to go through waivers that are the sacrificial PS lambs for the first few weeks. Only issue is that Dallas might grab Folk, who has done this in the past.

But Sokol and Fisker are decent candidates for that - elevate one or the other for a couple of games. If one gets grabbed you have the other. Firsker is my first choice.

OL is coming back together exactly as predicted. Onwenu off PUP today. Strange takes off red jersey. Anderson makes first appearance at practice in a while. That's not disarray. That's a plan coming together.
Ok.. so according to your logic.. let's see if the plan is ready week 1 against that eagles defensive line.. if they are ready then your plan is masterful.

lol, amen to that... its a pile of ,,, whatever... lol
LOL it was reported that Mac in practice would have been sacked 6 times.. I guess it's all in BB'S plan HUH.. LOL

Ok.. so according to your logic.. let's see if the plan is ready week 1 against that eagles defensive line.. if they are ready then your plan is masterful.

Success is measured against the entire season, not the opening game.

Success is measured against the entire season, not the opening game.
You have to start out fast, early on gain momentum, confidence.. the AFC is an absolute gauntlet. A team with 11 wins could be on the outside of the playoffs.

We have no margin for error, it's win by all means.

You have to start out fast, early on gain momentum, confidence.. the AFC is an absolute gauntlet. A team with 11 wins could be on the outside of the playoffs.

We have no margin for error, it's win by all means.
I'm not feeling the same urgency.

I'm not feeling the same urgency.
You are not alone.. there are still alot of ppl living in 2001-2019 patriots history. Those were the years I could confidently share your sentiment. However I had to get real and understand where we are as a franchise. The AFC has NEVER been this stacked during the glory era. So another slow start likely means another missed playoffs season. Win early, and often MUST be teams mentality. There is literally no margin for error.

You are not alone.. there are still alot of ppl living in 2001-2019 patriots history. Those were the years I could confidently share your sentiment. However I had to get real and understand where we are as a franchise. The AFC has NEVER been this stacked during the glory era. So another slow start likely means another missed playoffs season. Win early, and often MUST be teams mentality. There is literally no margin for error.
My difference in urgency isn't about the past. I love the teambuilding stage, and strategy, but it doesn't really effect me much when they suck. I love it when they win.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back