PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP Race is a toss up between Brady, Ryan, Rodgers and Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dallas has both the most rushing yards before contact and the most rushing yards after contact in the NFL.

We must be honest about what the MVP award is. It is not the most valuable player anymore. It is a award for the most impactful player in the NFL.

Obviously if your team doesn't make the playoffs you didn't have enough of an impact. Generally goes to QBs cause they are the ones generally more responsible for the win or loss than any other player.

Also the fact someone has a good back up or not doesn't matter. I never liked "look what x's backup did" as a reason why they should or shouldn't win MVP. What i look at for MVP is how much does the player effect the game.

Right now it is between Brady and Ryan and it will be determined by week 17. Brady has been more impactful than Ryan in the games played but Ryan has played more.

However i believe quality over quantity is more important as long as quantity is not too far off.

Last edited:
IMHO, Matt Ryan should win the MVP. All those tweets that put Brady in second, guess who's number one? He deserves it.

Do you think the Falcons would be #2 seed in the NFC without him? Heck no, they might not even go to the playoffs.

Ryan may have won the MVP by putting up 40+ for two consecutive weeks without Julio Jones.

Could be wishcasting, but I believe many of the voters are fed up with the NFL and their railroading of the Pats, but cannot speak up lest they get cut off from the access to info and perks that make their job easier. What better way to tell Roger to go suck it, then to vote the MVP to Brady,

Let Rodgers, Zeke, and Ryan split that stupid MVP three way for all I care....

As long as TB gets to hoist his fifth Lombardi, I'm good. As I'm sure TB would be....

Any other year, I'm with you 100%. This year, though, I'll bet Brady does care about that MVP.

no way Goondell the sub-mongoloidal , red azzed baboon allows the league to give ANY award to a Patriot. It's NEVER going to happen. This thread is just meaningless mental masturbation. Goodell HAS TO GO before any semblance of fairness or logic returns to seasonal awards.

Just looked on Oddschecker, and all four of them have roughly a 20-30% chance. Could be a close vote where 20 wins it. Brady is fortunate this isn't like baseball with ranked voting, where he would surely get stiffed by those who would just leave him off the ballot entirely and screw him over.

I think Ryan and Elliott are also deserving, though I am nauseated by the Aaron Rodgers campaign, just like it used to be with Manning. The guy lost SIX games before making a lame prediction against crappy competition. He dug a hole for himself, which the other candidates did not. I liked Rodgers up until this year, though now I see him as someone who constantly overexposes himself on television commercials, has stupid catch phrases which become obnoxious MVP arguments, and is a huge front runner who can't elevate his play when the going gets tough. His teammates are quick to throw him under the bus if they aren't winning.

Any other year, I'm with you 100%. This year, though, I'll bet Brady does care about that MVP.
Doubt it.
I bet a nice ring to sign off the first hand is more important.

Doubt it.
I bet a nice ring to sign off the first hand is more important.

Of course, I guess I figured that went without saying: a Lombardi is VASTLY more important. I just think that this year more than any other, the MVP would feel pretty sweet to Brady.

Remember, this is a guy who spent a decade feeding off the chip on his shoulder from being a 6th-round pick. What spells "disrespect" more than being unfairly labeled a cheater? And wouldn't an MVP award despite the suspension be one heck of a kiss-off?

Of course, I guess I figured that went without saying: a Lombardi is VASTLY more important. I just think that this year more than any other, the MVP would feel pretty sweet to Brady.

Remember, this is a guy who spent a decade feeding off the chip on his shoulder from being a 6th-round pick. What spells "disrespect" more than being unfairly labeled a cheater? And wouldn't an MVP award despite the suspension be one heck of a kiss-off?
I understand that. I just see tom as someone completely focused on the task at hand. and the task at hand is a ring. MVP is an aside. At best.

I've thought this the whole year: just as they used to look for any reason possible to give it to Gomer, they'll look for any reason to not give it to Brady. Missed games for a [ridiculous] suspension, team didn't go down in flames without him, has a great coach (which somehow hurts the value of Brady?), raw volume stats show good seasons from other guys on winning teams. It just all adds up to people not voting Brady.

Yet somehow people will vote Rodgers without issue when he spent a good portion of the year playing poorly by MVP standards and losing games.

Elliott isn't even the MVP on his own team. That's that OL.
Same OL studs as last year but the rushing production has taken a quantum leap forward....both in yards and TDs. Elliott's 16 TDs with one game to go doubled up last year's 8 total rushing TDs. Dallas drafted the guy because the popular sentiment "my grandmother could succeed behind that line" wasn't proving to be so.

Regarding Ryan.....his offense is averaging 1 point/game less than the '07 Pats and almost a TD better than this year's Pats. All but one of Atlanta's losses can be blamed on a suspect Falcon's defense...not Ryan's fault.

Regarding Brady....some voters will disqualify him automatically because of the suspension. Others will look at aggregate stats and not per game stats. Some will want to reward a new guy. Others may see a too tight QB race and decide to give it to a RB. Then there are the unabashed Pats haters

Same OL studs as last year but the rushing production has taken a quantum leap forward....both in yards and TDs. Elliott's 16 TDs with one game to go doubled up last year's 8 total rushing TDs. Dallas drafted the guy because the popular sentiment "my grandmother could succeed behind that line" wasn't proving to be so.

Regarding Ryan.....his offense is averaging 1 point/game less than the '07 Pats and almost a TD better than this year's Pats. All but one of Atlanta's losses can be blamed on a suspect Falcon's defense...not Ryan's fault.

Regarding Brady....some voters will disqualify him automatically because of the suspension. Others will look at aggregate stats and not per game stats. Some will want to reward a new guy. Others may see a too tight QB race and decide to give it to a RB. Then there are the unabashed Pats haters

I actually predicted in pre-season that Elliott would beat ****erson's rookie rushing record. Short of him exploding this week, it looks like I was wrong on that, but he came close. Nobody will deny that Elliott is a talented RB but it's that OL that makes that team tick. They've made it possible for a rookie QB to have the kind of success he has. Don't believe me? Count the amount of seconds Prescott has in the pocket on obvious passing situations.

Tough to see it going to Brady.
If the award were for the "Best" player, yeah, hands down. It goes to Brady.
But, when your team went 3--1 without you, tough to give him the most "Valuable" player. Dak or Elliott have a stronger case to make for that.
Except that is you are going by the true "VALUE" comparison, the fact that you name two Cowboys actually ruins their case. If you truly have two MVP candidates, you probably could still win without one of them.

Considering no MVP has won the Superbowl since Warner, I'd rather see some else get it instead of Brady.

Oh but would that be the best storybook ending and FU to Goodell?

Brady wins MVP.

Brady wins Super Bowl.

Brady suspension actually helps Pats get the 1st round draft pick back (via their ability to showcase Garrapolo and ultimately trade him).

Said before and i will say again. This week decides it. It is that close.

Also while it is not gonna cause me to lose sleep of course i'd like Brady to win the MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes