PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles third string LT is Halapoulivaati Vaitai behind Peters & Dillard. He started over 1,000 snaps on the 2017 SB team including the playoff run. The Eagles secondary is a mess. There's a deal to be made there but the top 6 DBs are too valuable & Jackson has too much upside for a stopgap LT. Maybe another pick?

WOW.. really? Vaitai was F'in awesome against the Pats.. Didn't realize he'd fallen to 3rd string behind Dillard.. Love to snag him..

We won't need a blocking TE on every play.. there will be chipping RBs/WRs, jumbo TE sets.. like you said yourself this is not the first time Josh and Scar have been in this situation.

I certainly hope one out of Newhouse, Cunningham and Benenoch can be a solid tackle but at this point I wonder if we won't see Thuney-Eluemenor-Karras-Mason-Cannon until Wynn returns.

I didn't realize they'd signed Benenoch.. Thanks for the info..

I'm not too worried ... he could play with turf toe if he had to.
Makes sense to IR him ... he'll need the metal shoe inserts when he returns.
OL can play through it ... a WR or RB ... not so much.

Last edited:
Crazy people are talking about Cleaveland.
Cleveland has talent to compete. They have a QB in a QB league. It's the NFL, any given Sunday...

What's crazier is posters calling Myles dirty. A few embarrassed themselves last night as well.

Dude made a legit effort to move his head when striking.

Dude is approaching Donald territory. And fwiw Myles actually seems like a great person. Very, very thoughtful. Into poetry, dinosaurs & some other nerd stuff. He plays the game the way its supposed to be played & unfortunately for offensive personnel he's not even close to hitting his peak yet.

Had him graded as a HOF prospect coming out.

imagine lining up across from him in high school?

Jesus...can't we get a goddamn break?

Thats what this board does.

Overreact

And history indicates that this team, this staff, values the roster spot meaning they tend toward IR in the majority of cases so they can get another player. Unless it was a week or less injury, the trend was likely always going to be IR.

Jesus...can't we get a goddamn break?

We just won in Miami in September, that's pretty much confirmation of divine intervention right there.

Divine intervention?

6efd131c-c4f7-40e4-9a32-7496a01e55e0.jpg

I have no problem in stashing him for 6 to 8 weeks. We gonna need him in December, January and February

What makes it more probable than not? He's had one injury before this, an achillies which is a season ender for literally every person ever. What about that makes any injury he has going forward a probable season ending thing?
Well has played a total of 1 game and a qtr, in his NFL career, he was stalled some in training camp with injuries. Some people just dont have bodies that are made for the NFL pounding. he may have all the talent in the world, but as they say the most important ability is availability, that is not him. What have you seen, to make you believe he can withstand an NFL season.

Uggggh, f&^ck it, I'm picking the Jete on the Pats Pick em :rolleyes:

Well has played a total of 1 game and a qtr, in his NFL career, he was stalled some in training camp with injuries. Some people just dont have bodies that are made for the NFL pounding. he may have all the talent in the world, but as they say the most important ability is availability, that is not him. What have you seen, to make you believe he can withstand an NFL season.

I've seen enough to assume that an injury that isn't considered season ending doesn't magically become season ending because of a previously torn achilles.

Perhaps he comes back and gets hurt again, we don't know. But I'm not going to pretend every injury he has going forward is twice as bad as reality because he has a history. If that were the case, Gronk wouldn't have played in a single Super Bowl for this team.

How do you know that it wasn't an outside force that caused the injury? I don't give a flying F**K how good a body is made for pounding, when 2 outside forces converge on a particular point (say one person stepping on Wynn's foot while another is wrenching him sideways) the weakest area is going to give. And that area would be under the foot that is doing the stepping.. Hence the Grade 3 tear of the ligaments in his toe.. (if that IS the diagnosis as is rumored).

Acting like it wasn't just a crap accident speaks volumes about your ability to have rational thoughts on the topic.

People are smart to talk about Cleveland as a potential problem game. The issue is the OL v. Pass rush, and Brady's health. See Garrett, Myles

j They should. They have some great skill players a RB, WR, QB and TE if Nojoku gets healthy and a good DL. Garrett is NOT a guy you want to play if your OT's are subpar. It will be a good test....and they'll have 2 weeks to prepare for the game. A real good test

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes