PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Monitoring Wynn injury situation (Placed on IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know that it wasn't an outside force that caused the injury? I don't give a flying F**K how good a body is made for pounding, when 2 outside forces converge on a particular point (say one person stepping on Wynn's foot while another is wrenching him sideways) the weakest area is going to give. And that area would be under the foot that is doing the stepping.. Hence the Grade 3 tear of the ligaments in his toe.. (if that IS the diagnosis as is rumored).

Acting like it wasn't just a crap accident speaks volumes about your ability to have rational thoughts on the topic.
OK, how about the fact that he is on the IR, that is the biggest red flag, more than his injury history. We don't really know what this injury is, we know he had a MRI, and now he is on the IR. To think this is a nothing injury, and in 8 weeks he is back, is based on nothing. That is just a wish. Logic says, he is on the IR, most people don't come back the same season, I know teams can pull 2 guys from the list, but there is a greater chance t he never gets pulled off of it.

I have not read one reported detail, that the Pats plan is to rehab him, and get him back this season. If that report is out there, please share. You are all too cavalier about the IR distinction. I personally would be shocked if we see him again this year.

Logic says, he is on the IR, most people don't come back the same season, I know teams can pull 2 guys from the list, but there is a greater chance t he never gets pulled off of it.

1. Your suppositions aren't logic.
2. Can you cite data to support this conclusion that there's a greater chance that "he never gets pulled off it"? Can you correlate that data to the fact that he has turf toe and not an ACL tear or a punctured lung?
3. Are you just making things up?

1. Your suppositions aren't logic.
2. Can you cite data to support this conclusion that there's a greater chance that "he never gets pulled off it"? Can you correlate that data to the fact that he has turf toe and not an ACL tear or a punctured lung?
3. Are you just making things up?
It doesn’t really matter if he comes off injured reserve or not, he is a 300lb man with a foot issue for the second season in a row. He has played 5 quarters for this team so how can we count on him for the stretch run even if he does come off injured reserve?

He has played 5 quarters for this team so how can we count on him for the stretch run even if he does come off injured reserve?

I will ask the same question I asked several pages ago:

What exactly is Wynn doing that is exposing himself to injury beyond the normal expectations for his position?

If you don't have an answer for this, there is no reason to consider him unreliable aside from your own superstitions.

Many here discussed drafting Jackson. Looking back, it might have been right for Belichick to have him sit until Brady left and then change the offense for him. Belichick felt differently.

Does a great job of that but where was all this Jackson love last year when I was the only one driving that bus ... Long before the media picked up on it.

Last edited:
I will ask the same question I asked several pages ago:

What exactly is Wynn doing that is exposing himself to injury beyond the normal expectations for his position?

If you don't have an answer for this, there is no reason to consider him unreliable aside from your own superstitions.

I don't think it's reasonable for this board to articulate why Wynn has missed a full year and an additional 8 games in his first two years in the league.

We do not know if it's kinesic, structural, genetic issue or just plain 'ole bad luck

Whether injuries remain persistent or he winds up starting 150 straight games is an unknown.

What we do know is the man has had difficulty staying healthy and it's not trending in the right direction.

Does a great job of that but where was all this Jackson love last year when I was the only one driving that bus ... Long before the media picked up on it.

Wynn was my favorite player in the draft but Jackson was up there (I recall long arguments with certain posters who insisted he had no accuracy and was a wide receiver). Could've had both, and still had a great back later...

Wynn's injury issues have been disappointing, especially given how dominant he looked against Bud Dupree when he finally got the opportunity to play. Hope he's back this year. I guess the Wynn jersey I ordered from China after week 1 could have been timed better. Whoops.

So the two slots designated to returned are filled, can't lose other top players.

I missed it. Did we pass on Jackson? There was lots of discussing here of drafting Jackson if he fell to us.
Yea we drafted Wynn. Both ranked extremely high by me & 2 of my personal favorites.

OK, how about the fact that he is on the IR, that is the biggest red flag, more than his injury history. We don't really know what this injury is, we know he had a MRI, and now he is on the IR. To think this is a nothing injury, and in 8 weeks he is back, is based on nothing. That is just a wish. Logic says, he is on the IR, most people don't come back the same season, I know teams can pull 2 guys from the list, but there is a greater chance t he never gets pulled off of it.

I have not read one reported detail, that the Pats plan is to rehab him, and get him back this season. If that report is out there, please share. You are all too cavalier about the IR distinction. I personally would be shocked if we see him again this year.

Burkhead came off IR last year and was instrumental in the playoffs.

The Patriots also used IR to stash McClellin a couple years ago and he came off, albeit then suffered another one before he even played.

Harry is probably going to garner a return slot but if Wynn will need to be totally shut down for a bit to not aggravate his injury, there's nothing to lose by stashing Wynn on reserve. There really aren't other candidates.

Wynn was my favorite player in the draft but Jackson was up there (I recall long arguments with certain posters who insisted he had no accuracy and was a wide receiver). Could've had both, and still had a great back later...

Wynn's injury issues have been disappointing, especially given how dominant he looked against Bud Dupree when he finally got the opportunity to play. Hope he's back this year. I guess the Wynn jersey I ordered from China after week 1 could have been timed better. Whoops.
I really didnt want to bring up Jackson bc its only been 2 weeks. Some of those post/quotes will be priceless to bump.

He has looked fantastic though. I was watching them the other night & actually came away impressed w a few designs.

Two things.

If we had draft Jackson instead of Michel, we may not won the SB last year. In addition, he would be sitting on the bench for the second year this year, and no one would have a clue whether he was any good as a packet passer.

Yea we drafted Wynn. Both ranked extremely high by me & 2 of my personal favorites.

Every Chubb and Michel highlight was pretty much a Wynn highlight and I don't think he gave up a sack all year in the loaded SEC.

Wasn't the issue whether we should have drafted Jackson instead of Michel??

Burkhead came off IR last year and was instrumental in the playoffs.

The Patriots also used IR to stash McClellin a couple years ago and he came off, albeit then suffered another one before he even played.

Harry is probably going to garner a return slot but if Wynn will need to be totally shut down for a bit to not aggravate his injury, there's nothing to lose by stashing Wynn on reserve. There really aren't other candidates.

There aren't any other candidate, now.

If Cannon can come back in a couple of weeks we will be ok. We don’t know when cannon will be back. Just need to help out on that left side . It’s gonna take some games for these guys to adjust to what scar wants from them. Just make sure you block. All it takes is one big hit to the QB.☹️

Wasn't the issue whether we should have drafted Jackson instead of Michel??
He was there for both & we drafted a RB in the 1st Rd. Not mad.

Two things.

If we had draft Jackson instead of Michel, we may not won the SB last year. In addition, he would be sitting on the bench for the second year this year, and no one would have a clue whether he was any good as a packet passer.

I don't love the counterfactual argument because I'm not sure what happens if they don't draft Sony. Like if they take Jackson then keep the 2nd rounder they traded down to eventually take Dawson and instead take Kerryon Johnson (selected with that pick) does it make that much of a difference? I think Michel is probably better than Johnson in the long run but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots