PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF in 2019: Booger McFarland and Joe Tessitore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessitore reminds me of a washed-up Vegas lounge singer.
He’s just not a good fit for Monday night football. He sounds like a voice for a football video game or doing games for college football that nobody cares about.

Which setting would that be on my device?

dce4ae0e854ea1aa913b189be5682255.jpg

o_O
Channel 56 had all the good shows on it after school when I was a kid! (i.e. cartoons).

Somewhere, once, someone found value in play-by-play analysis that had just been offered up by the Booger. Probably.

Hopefully that means the death of the booger mobile

I wonder what @Dingleberry has to say about this. :D

Booger may be a "grown-ass man," but I am a grown ass-man. Much classier.

I believe it was Sun Tzu ( or was it Socrates?) who wisely proclaimed, "He who goes to bed with itchy arsehole, wakes up with smelly finger." Old school philosophy!

What does Booger have? " You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose. "

I hate watching a wet Booger when it rains.

Peyton would've been 1000000x better. Can't deny his football IQ. His analysis is actually really good in those Detail series.

Must confess.....Not only do I like Booger, I like Dan Fouts as well. I like my commentators to be a little funny/random but not over the top dumb like Christian Fauria. Loved Madden. John Gruden would possibly be my fav if he'd quit kissing the butt of all qbs by like 50%. Jim Nance and Romo are my fav combo at the moment. Romo is silly/insightful while Nance has a great voice for the job.

Listening to guys like Troy and Joe Buck is actual hell for me. That monotone voice makes me wanna punch a wall lol.

Are you old enough to remember the Bunker Hill show?
I don't remember that one, but Kimba the White Lion was my favorite on either Channel 38 or 56. And you had to position the coat hanger on top of the tv to get the reception just right! In NH where we had a family cottage, forget it! You could only get one channel on the coathanger, Channel 9, and that was boring. Luckily we spent all our time outside!

Must confess.....Not only do I like Booger, I like Dan Fouts as well. I like my commentators to be a little funny/random but not over the top dumb like Christian Fauria. Loved Madden. John Gruden would possibly be my fav if he'd quit kissing the butt of all qbs by like 50%. Jim Nance and Romo are my fav combo at the moment. Romo is silly/insightful while Nance has a great voice for the job.

Listening to guys like Troy and Joe Buck is actual hell for me. That monotone voice makes me wanna punch a wall lol.

My dad loves Joe Buck. I can't stand him. If his name was Richard Head, son of Robert Head, a brick layer, that guy wouldn't be anywhere near a play by play booth. However, being the son of Jack gave him the entry he needed. Guy sucks at Football PbP and Baseball PbP.

Fouts comes across as a salty clown to me. I think hes bitter that the modern game has rendered his Air Coryell Chargers largely irrelevant. They never won anything, but could hang their hat on the passing stats they put up in the late 70s/early 80s. I mean, who really talks about Matt Schaub's 3, 4000 yard passing seasons?

As for Booger, will he be in the booth now or is he keeping the Booger-Mobile?

I'm glad Dan Dierdorf is retired.

"In that 1st half, the Patriots outgained the Bills in rushing yards and passing yards......and total yards.
I hate dear dork with a passion, so i agree.

Damming w/ faint praise, but Booger >>>>> Witten.

Though I'm surprised it isn't Riddick. I recall reading (somewhere) that his audition last year went really well. (But they presumably went with Witten because it's apparently etched into the laws of the universe that every broadcast team under the sun needs a former Cowboy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots