PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Felger !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texans gave up a valuable asset for $20M in cap space. As a result, they have $31M instead of $11M of cap space currently. The extra cap flexibility they purchased with their 2nd rounder will allow them the cap space for something like a Clowney extension.

If the cap was crap, wouldn't they have preferred a 2nd rounder if they were still going to have $11M of cap space left after eating the Osweiler dead money cap hit? What am I missing that makes my comparison terrible?

You're making an unsupportable jump. You're assuming a 1:1 correlation, which does not exist.

The way he phrased it was that Belichick was mismanaging by being too cap-conscious. For years, he was criticizing BB's management of it.

Now he is making hay out of giving BB an "F" for this draft.

History and I will take Belichick's side in this.

Felger repeatedly used the J-e-t-e-s as the example of how to properly build a team in his "cap is crap" arguments. He couldn't have been more wrong. And the reason they were able to get players like Hogan and Cooks is because teams like the Bill's and Saints mismanaged the cap so badly. Yes, the cap has risen significantly the past few years, and that's allowed teams to play loose with it, but Belichick has always been right about the best ways to manage it, and that's why they are sitting pretty today despite spending more money this offseason than any defending champ has.

Felger lol.. He freely admits his job is make believe. If you say good things about the Patriots even though they are true according to even him.. its not good for a radio show. So he just tries to drum up BS so he can up his ratings. Its obviously working.

Felgers math skills are 2nd grade level poor, he doesn't understand the cap and he's seen teams with little cap room maneuver to fit in a good player so he thinks you can do that to infinity.

I'd like to see someone RAM Gasbaggarotti's head up Felger's brownstain sewerpipe and superglue his big mouth to the bottom of a piledriver...
LOL. Once again, Joker hides his true feelings behind demure protestations.

The problem I have with people like Felger is that these shock jocks are turning society into absolute arseholes, constant spouting of misery, devil's advocate or whatever you want to call it IMO is slowly making people distrust one's own genuine good thoughts.

You say negative stuff so often people begin to believe it. If all people hear is negativity day in day out, society is ****ed.

I may be the rare exception, but I find their show very funny and entertaining, EXCEPT when they bash the Patriots. So I think lots of people listen because they think the show is funny and good, but do not like when the bash the Pats, call them cheaters (F'ing yesterday he said "stop cheating" if you want draft picks the idiot)
I've never listened to it. Most of my radio comes from internet apps (even when I am in town) and I don't think they broadcast over the internet, but WEEI has a good app.

As much as I dislike his tactics (and the fact that they work), I don't think you're giving him enough credit for what he does. Deplorable though it may be, he is more effective at it than even Mazz is, and just look at Tanguay for an example of a guy who thought it would be EASY to do it, and just came across as an uninformed jerk.

Call Felger many things, but uninformed is not one of them, and people say his show prep is actually pretty involved.
The way I read this (again, this is my reading...) is that Flinger is (in reality, or is playing) a miserable and despicable human being, but because he's well prepared for (and quite good at) being miserable and despicable, I should be giving him credit?
What would make for better radio to me personally (not sure about overall ratings), would be to put someone opposite him who is equally informed, prepared, and effective, but from the positive side. Let the two clash in clever ways. As it is, you have Felger being a clever troll and Mazz being some kind of negativity goblin. Doesn't make for compelling debates.
What does make great radio for me is to avoid listening to Boston Sports Talk Radio as much as possible, and instead, listening to lots of different podcasts whose hosts provide actual sports content instead of a barrage of idiocy, negativity, and trolling.

The way I read this (again, this is my reading...) is that Flinger is (in reality, or is playing) a miserable and despicable human being, but because he's well prepared for (and quite good at) being miserable and despicable, I should be giving him credit?

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. I give more credit to a nuanced villain in a movie than one that just shouts about how evil he is for 90 minutes. As such, I give more credit to a sports radio troll who puts in time and does it well than I do someone who just keeps shouting, "Belichick sucks" which is what a lot of them boil down to.

What does make great radio for me is to avoid listening to Boston Sports Talk Radio as much as possible, and instead, listening to lots of different podcasts whose hosts provide actual sports content instead of a barrage of idiocy, negativity, and trolling.

As is your wont. You be you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back