PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Bedard is really pushing the Michael Bennett is on his way out theory also. Bennett only had 11 snaps yesterday and most were in garbage time.
You must be listening to Zolak & Bertrand

At this point, if there is financial reward and a suitor, I'd be glad to have them move on. Firstly, he is not contributing. Secondly, he is very expensive for insurance. Thirdly, if it sours it won't be worth the hassle. And finally, let's get it done this week and bring in someone on offense (OL or WR or TE).

At this point, if there is financial reward and a suitor, I'd be glad to have them move on. Firstly, he is not contributing. Secondly, he is very expensive for insurance. Thirdly, if it sours it won't be worth the hassle. And finally, let's get it done this week and bring in someone on offense (OL or WR or TE).
He’s a vested vet and was on the week 1 roster. His salary for the season is locked in even if cut.

He’s a vested vet and was on the week 1 roster. His salary for the season is locked in even if cut.
Sadness. But understood. If he doesn't get "grumbly" might as well hang on.

I would like to see a Bennett to Tampa for oj howard

Sadness. But understood. If he doesn't get "grumbly" might as well hang on.
Too late on that..

Bennett was asked about his playing time following Thursday's game and he appears miffed.

"I don’t know what’s happening,” Bennett told Greg Bedard of the Boston Sports Journal. “You have to ask Bill (Belichick). I wish I knew. If I had a better answer, I would tell you. You’ve got to ask them, man. I’m just trying to do what they ask me to do."

Michael Bennett on lack of playing time: 'I don’t know what’s happening'

Bennett, Harris, Joejuan...it's pissing me off. Bennett could easily play DT/NT in our scheme. Play the man or trade him.

Bennett, Harris, Joejuan...it's pissing me off. Bennett could easily play DT/NT in our scheme. Play the man or trade him.

The minute they trade him three DLs will get hurt.

Michael Bennett not getting reps because the D is absolutely ballin' out without him is a nice problem to have.

Nothing on the defensive side of the ball should be pissing you off. That's better reserved for the offensive blocking

Since he's on a multiyear deal, they would probably have to give something up to get a team to take on his salary, and the only way they'll do that is contingent upon accepting a trade where the cap room is necessary for, say, Stefon Diggs or something. But by trading him you've also taken away a useful rotational piece from the defense, which is eventually going to face an injury or two.

at 33, he has to be on a pitch count......he probably understands why just doesn't like the question

Nothing on the defensive side of the ball should be pissing you off. That's better reserved for the offensive blocking

No...it is pissing me off those guys aren't playing. If we're not using them....trade them for offensive blocking. That is the priority.

Let's wait till we actually face a real team before moving on from Bennett, we might not need him against these scrub Os but once we start facing real teams he might really be needed so you might not want to move on from him and then regret it later once we start facing real offenses.

What exactly pisses you off ? That BB plays what he considers to be the best matching players and so far has knocked it historically out of the park with the defense ?

I fail to see what there is to be pissed off about especially with Harris and Joejuan. It makes me ecstatic that they can take their time with rookie and slowly bring them along.

Harris would not randomly find holes where Michel didn't because there ain't any. And if you say it doesn't hurt to see what he has got I think I gotta remind you that the coaching staff sees that almost every day.

Joejuan is stuck behind an absurdly stacked secondary. Who exactly should they take out or inactivate just to give a rookie some playtime ?

Those are luxury problems to have and not something to be pissed about.

If Bennett doesn’t work out, I’ll be more then willing to admit I was wrong about him filling in for Trey Flowers.

the pats should just trade all their 2nd rounders......is this a good result for the 2nd round...6/24 are starters?

2019 - jwilliams
2018 - dawson
2016 - cjones
2015 - richards
2014 - garoppolo
2013 - dobson
2012 - tavon wilson
2011 - dowling, vereen
2010 - gronk, cunningham, spikes
2009 - chung, butler,brace,vollmer
2008 - wheatley
2006 - jackson
2004 - hill
2003 - wilson, johnson
2002 - branch
2001 - light
2000 - klemm

What exactly pisses you off ? That BB plays what he considers to be the best matching players and so far has knocked it historically out of the park with the defense ?

I fail to see what there is to be pissed off about especially with Harris and Joejuan. It makes me ecstatic that they can take their time with rookie and slowly bring them along.

Harris would not randomly find holes where Michel didn't because there ain't any. And if you say it doesn't hurt to see what he has got I think I gotta remind you that the coaching staff sees that almost every day.

Joejuan is stuck behind an absurdly stacked secondary. Who exactly should they take out or inactivate just to give a rookie some playtime ?

Those are luxury problems to have and not something to be pissed about.

I agree they are luxuries.

Harris can't do any worse then Sony...so why not?

As Iv'e said in the past...Richards should in no way be on the field and Joejuan inactive. Joejuan could replace Ebner IMO. I'd like to see Joejuan play ST instead of those I mentioned.

If Bennett doesn’t work out, I’ll be more then willing to admit I was wrong about him filling in for Trey Flowers.

Interestingly it doesn't seem Flowers is having a good year in Detroit.

Harris can't do any worse then Sony...so why not?
Brady gets absolutely destroyed if an inexperienced pass blocker misses that blitz pickup on the one playaction play last night. Yes, it can get A LOT worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes