PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett TRADED TO DALLAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure if you ignore everything else he said

I'm with Deus on this one. The defense changed and so did his role. I can't fault him for being upset because he's not getting much playing time. I'd rather have those players on my team then sheep.

I'm with Deus on this one. The defense changed and so did his role. I can't fault him for being upset because he's not getting much playing time. I'd rather have those players on my team then sheep.
Deus is advocating Bennett is in the right for being upset AND being empowered to publicly ***** about his role/playing time.

If *****ing publicly about playing time and roles is tolerated, then the NEP as we know it cease to exist. We now become another of the 31 teams that allow players to behave as individuals and not as an ego-less team.

Last edited:
His obvious political references aside(which I do not like to see on a sports board whatsoever), how is it stupid to call out sports media as fake when they are obviously slicing up words/context to manufacture a story? Don't you think leaving out the below content makes it at minimum misleading if not outright manufacturing a story? Did you miss Spygate and Deflategate?

Michael Bennett: "We're winning, and that's the most important thing for me as a teammate. But I think as an individual, you always want to play more and make some more plays"
But it's not a "manufactured" story -- the media inquiries were prompted by his return from suspension, about which there has been next to no public information.

Deus is advocating Bennett is in right for being upset AND being empowered to publicly ***** about his role/playing time.

If *****ing publicly about playing time and roles is tolerated, then the NEP as we know it cease to exist. We now become another of the 31 teams that allow players to behave as individuals and not as an ego-less team.

Well...I didn't say I agreed with everything Deus has said. I certainly do not agree with public *****ing. *****ing is ok...behind closed doors with only the coaches. But yeah....when Tommy is pulled with 5 minutes left to play and he is pissed...I get that.

Everyone has their opinion. I hate the *****ing. If I want drama I’ll ask my mother in law over for dinner. Football is my sanctuary. Shut up and play

Everyone has their opinion. I hate the *****ing. If I want drama I’ll ask my mother in law over for dinner. Football is my sanctuary. Shut up and play

Well, in fairness I think Bennett would agree with your last sentence - shut up an play.

If they would let him play, he would shut up. ;)

He's every bit the narcissistc jackass his brother was. Thank goodness there isn't another one in the pipeline. The Pats have two blind spots: drafting reveivers and taking on a loudmouth primadonna from time to time. Trade him for whatever.

I would prefer a backup veteran DT to Bennett.

Well, in fairness I think Bennett would agree with your last sentence - shut up an play.

A great precedent if you're looking to end the dynasty.

That is the teams decision. Do you think BB would not play him if he was producing better than the players taking his reps. Production wins out on this team not name recognition, salary or draft status.

I don't like the guy. For reasons I'd rather not say.

He's not Pats material.

See ya.

Ass-holes gonna ass-hole...

There were some of us here, myself included, who held their noses and hoped for the best...don't wanna say WTYS (again), but...

Last edited:
With yet another 4-3 team (Jax) in need of a DL bandaid it's not unreasonable to think Bennett may yet be traded. Bennett may not seem like a Coughlin type pickup but Marrone has been known to accept the occasional need based player.

It's one thing to say something like

"Yeah, he's getting short changed, but he should know that **** that flies elsewhere doesn't fly in N.E., particularly since his brother played here. So he needs to STFU, or just give non-answer answers, and let things shake out."

and a completely different thing to be saying things like

• "Let’s rush to defend a guy who’s been a turd just about everywhere he’s been."
  • "Get anything we can for this bum"
  • "Please, for the love of God, trade this loser."

The first would be perfectly sensible. The latter three are idiotic.

Bennett's been a very good player at the NFL level. It's not the fault of the Bennett that the 4-3 team decided to transition to a 3-4 team. It's not the fault of Bennett that Danny Shelton decided that he wanted to be an NFL player. It's not the fault of Bennett that Butler, a guy who was thought by some here to be on his way out the door, has really stepped up his game. It's not the fault of Bennett that he's undersized to play inside as a two-gapper. It's simply a matter of a 4-2 one gapper who doesn't fit the team's current model. Hell, difficulty making a schematic transition was thought to be a possible reason why Wise might have gotten cut or traded on cut down day. So calling Bennett a bum, or a turd, or a loser, in the context of this specific situation, is ridiculous.

This is pretty spot on.

Also I just feel like we're seeing a huge case of confirmation bias from the overwhelming amount of negative-ass Patriots fans, and that normally rears it's ugly head in the form of those three latter comments you pointed out, when they probably mean the former.

I personally loved the signing, but it's unfortunate for him that our transition has worked out so damn well. Well, hopefully this works out for both parties in the best way. Dunno what that looks like right now, though.

This defense has plenty of room for michael bennett. The scheme isn’t keeping him off the field, his willingness to adhere to it is.

This defense has plenty of room for michael bennett. The scheme isn’t keeping him off the field, his willingness to adhere to it is.
Or inability. Hes been playing the same way for his entire life. Tough to change

Bennett in a package deal to Tampa or Atlanta makes the most sense.
They need all the help they can get. Horrible defense. Barrett is the only guy who can generate pressure

Deus is advocating Bennett is in the right for being upset AND being empowered to publicly ***** about his role/playing time.

that mantra you speak of is vastly overrated

can't chide a vet for wanting to contribute......given how outspoken he is, I thought the whole things was a mild non-story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back