PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett TRADED TO DALLAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full interview here with Bennett.

Not a fan of his attitude.

He's always had an attitude. He just wants out, since he's not playing, and he doesn't want to lose any more of his paycheck in the process of getting out.

Gotta figure the team is working to trade him to a team that will give him more playing time.

Adalius Thomas Part 2. Hope someone will take his contract.

Please, for the love of God, trade this loser. He is all about himself and not the team!

Get anything we can for this bum and cut bait. Not a team player at all.

How is it Bennett's fault that the team completely changed its defensive plan because Shelton and Butler came in much improved and Collins signed back with the team? Why does it have to be up to the player to swallow the **** sandwich? Why can't we just acknowledge that the changes made this a bad fit, and move on without bashing the player?

Get anything we can for this bum and cut bait. Not a team player at all.

Why does he have to be a bum? It’s nothing wrong with Bennett wanting to be a contributor on defense. Do you believe Brady would be happy sharing reps with a backup?

Can we trade him for AB?

I don’t like the guy but “bum” does seem harsh. Maybe “ass” would be better since that often reflects attitude rather than effort.

How is it Bennett's fault that the team completely changed its defensive plan because Shelton and Butler came in much improved and Collins signed back with the team? Why does it have to be up to the player to swallow the **** sandwich? Why can't we just acknowledge that the changes made this a bad fit, and move on without bashing the player?
Let’s rush to defend a guy who’s been a turd just about everywhere he’s been.

Just saw his latest interview. He doesn’t have a good attitude at all. I would be surprised if he’s on this team much longer.

Who cares? This about here and now. Bill is an ******* to the media. Why can’t Bennett be one? I wasn’t a huge fan of his before he joined, but this premise he can’t speak up is bogus.

This wouldn't be half the story it is if not for the fake news media schitt-stirrers trying to provoke bullschitt...

Please.

His attitude sucks. Hes sulking. Team players don't do that and you know goddamn well his **** isn't going to fly here.

Please.

His attitude sucks. Hes sulking. Team players don't do that and you know goddamn well his **** isn't going to fly here.

Yeah. The same way Brady was essentially dissing his offense a few weeks ago on the radio.

Who cares? This about here and now. Bill is an ******* to the media. Why can’t Bennett be one? I wasn’t a huge fan of his before he joined, but this premise he can’t speak up is bogus.
Clearly you aren't giving this situation any thought.

Let's play this out.

From here on out, lets allow all 53 players on the roster talk to the media and publicly show a level of defiance against the team, a disinterest in being here and complete lack of accountability when breaking team rules.

Then lets see what happens to the culture and locker room environment of this team.

Last edited:

Except, of course, that I'm not defending him for his behavior elsewhere. I'm discussing the idiocy of attacking him over this particular issue.

Well, it's not like he was not playing and contributing and so has a right to be angry. If he is unhappy, he could ask for a trade and maybe he's done that, but you don't usually get suspended for requesting a trade. So, we do know that he's expressed himself in a way that the team thought was not acceptable and so he was suspended. I don't always blame the player, but in this case, I think there's some reason to think that this player has acted in a way that leaves him open for some blame. We don't need to condemn him as a bad person or defend him because he's a player - his actions led to the consequences he received and he doesn't like it.

Who cares that he pushes down old people? Who cares that he lies about being racially profiled by the police? Who cares that he seems to wear out his welcome everywhere he goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes