PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MIA signing Fitzpatrick

Good move for them ... Fitz - a draft pick and one of the other 2 sleds.

They can still easily tank ... by barely losing it will look okay.

it was discussed. He agreed because he gets 5 million or whatever big salary

Bingo. If this was about finding a good match and situation there is no way Flores would have ended up in Miami. But unless he is a total disaster this year he will get at least a second year out of it and will make most probably 25-35x the amount he would have made as a DC here in a year.

He essentially is set for life no matter what.

So I think I know who this QB is. Didn't know the other two! :D

Over/under he throws 500 yards against the Pats in Miami.

Over/under he throws 150 yards against the Pats in NE.

Which is the first game? Regardless, first game over, second game wildcat. So under.

Don't think it's his call

This is why I said Flores was dumb for taking the Miami job. Sure he'll get 10x the money and finally be a HC, but how does this help in the long run? How many HC's in Miami have gone on to bigger and better gigs?

Why not just have kept Tannehill one more year?

This means Fitz gets to add to his already-impressive helmet collection!

s-l640.jpg

Since they find creative ways to lose in Miami, I'm wondering how they will top the 2018 loss. When it looked like a win in December, a friend texted me and said, "They can't lose can they?" And yet, they did. Miami and Denver are Brady"s house of horrors.
That went without saying. Safest bet in Vegas..
The good news is that much like losing in Pittsburgh (under TB12), we tend to go to the SB the years we lose in Miami, too.

It’s a win/win, even when we lose. ;)

Kaperkrap is ripshyt at this news...I'd pay to see this punk's face when he heard the news

Why not just have kept Tannehill one more year?

The little midget being in the draft opens things up a bit, as far as QB options this draft year. Tannehill's part of the problem. That part of the problem is now solved. Fitzpicksix is just there to either serve as the bandaid or the transition guy, depending upon how the Dolphins work the QB spot beyond him.

Did you know that he's a Harvard man?
Him being from Harvard is the ultimate irony. In the NFL, he ends up playing for the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins but not the team located in Boston.

Kaperkrap is ripshyt at this news...I'd pay to see this punk's face when he heard the news
Kap might win them a couple games. Fitz is good for getting that #1 pick, especially since he'll probably go down with an injury a couple games in.

Well no room now for Kaep now ... so there's that.
Why? If I were them, I'd rather tank and get that #1 pick next year to use on a quarterback. Sure, they might get a good quarterback at #13 (I believe that's where they're picking). But why not try for a great quarterback in a year?

In his illustrious career Fitz has thrown 190 TD's and 148 int's..

Not sure how many TD's he has thrown against the Pats, but it seems like quite a few..

Fitzpatrick also holds the distinction of throwing the most TD passes in a season for the Jets (31) in 2015.... then in 2016 he threw 12 TD's and was intercepted 17 times.. which pretty much sums up his NFL career.

QB $ >

There are multiple HOF players listed above

Dolphins will beat us and start 3-0 then lose to Jets and Bills immediately after and finish 5-11.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back