PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

NESN is quoting Philly sportswriters that the Eagles job is down to 2 candidates; McD and Duce Staley (Eagles RB). Lurie is getting texts from his players supporting Staley.
Muahaha. If true, promote Staley. Give your ****ty players what they want. Seems like a great recipe for long term success. Gotta somehow figure out how to make the Eagles fun again.

MEFA!!!

God I wish we never lost Flores our Defense was nasty under him.
Can we get some new blood in the coaching staff please.
The defense allowed a hundred fewer points in 2019 without Flores compared to 2018 with him. Unless Bielema or Bob Fraser (assistant linebackers) was the key in 2019, they've got all the guys they need.

The defense allowed a hundred fewer points in 2019 without Flores compared to 2018 with him. Unless Bielema or Bob Fraser (assistant linebackers) was the key in 2019, they've got all the guys they need.
That defense in the Rams super bowl if we played That aggressive we would of beat Foles. Vs letting him sit back and pick us apart

God I wish we never lost Flores our Defense was nasty under him.
Can we get some new blood in the coaching staff please.

this is an interesting point.

I thought the defense started out last year being very aggressive, but as the year progressed, they lost that nastiness factor.

I thought it was because Mayo started out calling the defense early in the year and by the end of the year, bb jr. was doing the play calling.

I think we have a guy on staff to get the defense back to being nasty (Mayo) and aggressive, but he buried behind a wall of nepotism!

We had Jedd Fisch as a QB coach in 2020 helping McDaniels incorporate more of their stuff in our offense - the McVay tree. There are still a lot of people that think the offense with Cam was unimaginative.

I know but given how quickly we moved on from Fisch I doesn't seem like it was a good fit for at least one of the two sides. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try again because there are some great low-hanging fruits there.

To me the fact that Cam signed so late in the process had a much bigger impact on the offense as a whole than most other things. They still were able to put together a package that leveraged his mobility on short notice but I can't help but wonder how much better the fit would have been if he had been here through the entire offseason and McDaniels & co were able to build that offense with him in mind from the very start.

If you read Lombardi's book he went into detail that putting together the playbook on offense and defense is a process that starts very early in the offseason right after the staff does an in-depth post mortem on the previous year and current roster. In the book he talked about how the inability to stop the run in 2013 was one of the things that led to discussing a goal line package with 3 corners in one of the very first staff meetings before the 2014 season.

I know but given how quickly we moved on from Fisch I doesn't seem like it was a good fit for at least one of the two sides. That doesn't mean we shouldn't try again because there are some great low-hanging fruits.
We did not move on from Fisch, he quit to take a college head coaching job. It might have been a great fit in New England, a college head coaching job is a unique opportunity and does not reflect on the fit at the Patriots.

I am not against bringing in coaches to gain new thoughts and ideas. The Patriots are not either as they did it in 2020 with the Fisch hiring. We will see if BB does it again.

The coaching and front office turnover on this team has been something to behold. BB seems to have very strong opinions on not wanting to bring in experienced "name" coaches to be on his staff. The question I have is if coaching staff relative inexperience and constant turnover has hurt the team over the past year or two.

The coaching and front office turnover on this team has been something to behold. BB seems to have very strong opinions on not wanting to bring in experienced "name" coaches to be on his staff. The question I have is if coaching staff relative inexperience and constant turnover has hurt the team over the past year or two.
I don't think it has.

You could argue what has been weakened is the scouting dept. They've been picked over

this is an interesting point.

I thought the defense started out last year being very aggressive, but as the year progressed, they lost that nastiness factor.

I thought it was because Mayo started out calling the defense early in the year and by the end of the year, bb jr. was doing the play calling.

I think we have a guy on staff to get the defense back to being nasty (Mayo) and aggressive, but he buried behind a wall of nepotism!
If true, that means Belichick needs to go. Immediately.

Things are going full circle now. There appears to be a late push for Colts OC Nick Sirianni, who was hired by former Eagles OC Frank Reich after McDaniels backed out of the Colts HC job.
I thought that was McDaniels picked OC wasn’t it.

He’s had a few decent names in here. Bielema and Capers being two that come to mind. My guess is the system he has in place is better suited for those internal hires. Look how many of Bills guys get poached every year. It’s absurd. That’s the downside of creating such a great organization. Everyone wants a piece.

The Eagles have hired Nick Sirianni.

Nobody wants McDaniels cause he's a little weasel who accepts jobs then walks out and has proven nothing without Brady.

I thought that was McDaniels picked OC wasn’t it.
I don't think so. He's not in the confirmed group (three guys that all signed their Indy contracts before McDaniels backed out), there's not an obvious connection to McDaniels (two fellow Northeast Ohio natives later joined the staff, including one that was his reported DC pick this year and last), and there is a connection to Reich in that they worked together with the Chargers for three years.

So McDaniels is staying. Does Patricia come back?

Gee I was hoping that he would get the Philly job and BB could bring in the Holy Cross ladies lacrosse HC as the new OC.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back