PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels to interview with Eagles

Things are going full circle now. There appears to be a late push for Colts OC Nick Sirianni, who was hired by former Eagles OC Frank Reich after McDaniels backed out of the Colts HC job.

The Eagles have hired Nick Sirianni.
Yeah it makes sense I suppose...Lurie & Howie wanted another OC as their next HC...Sirianni worked with Frank Reich in SD, so they must figure that if Reich had Wentz playing as well as he did those first two seasons then maybe this guy could do the same too...Good luck with that.

One HC job opening remains...I would be shocked if Eric Sleeping with Bienemy isn't named Houston's new HC as soon as Kansas Sh!tty's season ends, which I hope & pray is less than 80 hours away...

Nobody wants McDaniels cause he's a little weasel who accepts jobs then walks out and has proven nothing without Brady.

I hope you know Belichick had a big part in that. Is Belichick a weasel too?

The Colts are literally one of the 3 franchises that have most contributed to the Patriots being called cheaters across the land. I hope the Colts lose every game forever.

So McDaniels is staying. Does Patricia come back?
The three "Patriots tree" openings I see are Vrabel's DC, Flores' DL coach, and Judge's OLB coach (formerly Bielema's role). Or maybe he could work for GM Nick Caserio and potential DC Brendan Daly if Eric Bieniemy is hired as HC in Houston. But yes, I could definitely just see him back in NE in some ambiguously named position as well.

We did not move on from Fisch, he quit to take a college head coaching job. It might have been a great fit in New England, a college head coaching job is a unique opportunity and does not reflect on the fit at the Patriots.

I am not against bringing in coaches to gain new thoughts and ideas. The Patriots are not either as they did it in 2020 with the Fisch hiring. We will see if BB does it again.

Yeah I disagree here. To me it looked like either the team or Fisch himself wasn't really satisfied with how things went this year and he looked for another opportunity. There is nothing he did this year that suddenly made him interesting to college teams specifically. He most likely asked his agent to look for other options and this came up.

The Eagles have hired Nick Sirianni.

That's great news. There was nobody they could have hired that would have been an upgrade on McDaniels and all his institutional knowledge and experience.

Now please decide on whatever direction at QB much sooner than last year and give McDaniels & co more time to build a more tailor-fit offense around whoever the QB ends up being.

That's great news. There was nobody they could have hired that would have been an upgrade on McDaniels and all his institutional knowledge and experience.

Now please decide on whatever direction at QB much sooner than last year and give McDaniels & co more time to build a more tailor-fit offense around whoever the QB ends up being.
Mariota and Lance
Or Mariota and Wilson please

Mariota and Lance
Or Mariota and Wilson please

At this point I honestly don't care anymore who it ends up being as long as there is clarity through the offseason.

I get why 2020 with the cap tightness was a different but that is not the case this year. I'd love for them to decide on the vet QB option relatively early (i.e. within the first week of FA) and if another talented QB falls to them in the draft then even better.

I agree. I think McDaniels did pretty great last year considering how late Cam came on the scene. I would expect things to be better next year even if it was Cam again, as long as they determined that in March and not July...

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? We need a poll!

I agree. I think McDaniels did pretty great last year considering how late Cam came on the scene. I would expect things to be better next year even if it was Cam again, as long as they determined that in March and not July...
Please God no more Cam

Yeah I disagree here. To me it looked like either the team or Fisch himself wasn't really satisfied with how things went this year and he looked for another opportunity. There is nothing he did this year that suddenly made him interesting to college teams specifically. He most likely asked his agent to look for other options and this came up.

I disagree. It was reported that Fisch was good friends with the college's president. That does not catch someone's interest? Working for a friend at a plum job? Are you one of those guys that likes to believe a conspiracy instead of what is more obvious?

March or July 2021 will not change 10 years of Cam's learned bad tendencies; standing in the pocket too long, staring at the first read, unable to throw a short out or screen pass, etc. Four months of OTAs and training camp is not going to rid a QB of 10 years of bad habits, but I like your optimism.

I disagree. It was reported that Fisch was good friends with the college's president. That does not catch someone's interest? Working for a friend at a plum job? Are you one of those guys that likes to believe a conspiracy instead of what is more obvious?

I didn't see any report about him being a good friend. The initial reports leading up to his hire were that he was going for interviews and that's how I formed my opinion. Nothing to do with conspiracies. If this is a case of him being close with the college's president then you are right that most likely that was the driving force.

I didn't see any report about him being a good friend. The initial reports leading up to his hire were that he was going for interviews and that's how I formed my opinion. Nothing to do with conspiracies. If this is a case of him being close with the college's president then you are right that most likely that was the driving force.

I Googled it and read in less than 5 minutes the following (it took me longer to copy and paste into PatsFans then read the information):

Jedd Fisch hire has Arizona Wildcats fans up in arms with reaction

How does someone like Jedd Fisch even get a sniff for a job at Arizona? Search firm persuasion, administrative meddling, bad short-term thinking, call from Belichick. Fisch: 9 jobs in 12 years. One year at bad UCLA. Per Jon Wilner of the San Jose Mercury News, Fisch has a relationship with university president Robert Robbins, which is part of the reason he is being considered for the job after the school fired head coach Kevin Sumlin earlier this month after a 70-7 loss to rival Arizona State.

I believe that you are not a conspiracy guy. But, in the future, you might read for 5 minutes before forming your opinions. With so much information available it is quicker to read a few articles then write a long post on PatsFans.

At this point I honestly don't care anymore who it ends up being as long as there is clarity through the offseason.

I get why 2020 with the cap tightness was a different but that is not the case this year. I'd love for them to decide on the vet QB option relatively early (i.e. within the first week of FA) and if another talented QB falls to them in the draft then even better.
I agree. No waiting until the last QB is standing. Identify the guy and then go get him.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back