PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels is hesitant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason La reported it
Niners messageboard alot of the posters said they got push notifications that Josh is the favorite just a few minutes ago.
So clearly Josh and Jed are negotiating.
I have a feeling the concern about moving the family maybe true but could be nullfied by more guaranteed money.
There's also the possibility that the 49'rs front office is putting that out there as a sort of "push" towards McDaniels. Unless and until we hear something from McDaniels or the New England F.O, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in such things.

you're talking BB?

he at least knew he had an owner committed to long term and winning, and who was willing to take a back seat and let him do his job

nothing in SF points to this

And he had coached on the Patriots 1996 Super Bowl staff and knew the team had a lot of talented players that knew and respected him.

Josh needs to do what is right for his family and stay. Crazy owners that hire/fire coaches constantly is not what is in the best interest of his family.

How can the kids focus on school knowing crazy York is going to fire their father at any point next season.

Josh needs to put the family's mental health first and not mentally scar his kids for life.

Like about a 99% chance josh is fired from the 49ers if/when they have a bad season next year

Their owner is that bad

So?

Josh would simply pocket the many millions and look for a new job.

There's also the possibility that the 49'rs front office is putting that out there as a sort of "push" towards McDaniels. Unless and until we hear something from McDaniels or the New England F.O, I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in such things.
It seems like a dumb thing for them to lie about but I really just wonder if they are patient enough. Obviously he doesn't completely trust them, if the reports are true, or else he would be the new Head Coach.

So?

Josh would simply pocket the many millions and look for a new job.
he has said that he doesnt want to move his family and then have something like that happen. I think he is comfortable in NE and would need the right job to leave

Mcdaniels is hesitant to move his family to the west coast if it isnt a long term move.
However PFT is claiming he is calling coaches to create a possible staff.
Not looking good that Josh stays and if he leaves Caserio would be intrigued to go with him.
Niners are interviewing Cable today but nobody thinks hes a serious contender for the job.
Supposedly the Yorks dont like Shannys attitude.
Looks like this may be Josh's last year with the Pats.

I'm pretty sure Caserio turned down an interview with the Niners. So if McDaniel's goes to the Niners he probably wouldn't be taking Caserio with him.

Josh McDaniels should be hesitant about taking the job in San Francisco. It is the worst of all this year's head coach openings and may be the most poorly run franchise in the NFL. He would be far better off waiting another year than to take this gig.

Ranking NFL head coach job openings: Why would anybody want 49ers gig?

What could possibly be attractive about a job that’s cycled through three coaches in three years — including one that took them to the Super Bowl? The fans are alienated enough to fly anti-Jed York banners over the half-empty, state-of-the-art stadium.

Whoever gets the job faces a total roster reconstruction, especially on defense.​

Jed York proved once again that he's the cause of the 49ers' problems | FOX Sports

But considering the dysfunction in Santa Clara — the 49ers are the first modern NFL team to fire coaches after first-year head coaches in back-to-backs seasons — what top-flight football mind would want to work with York?

A partnership between a general manager and a head coach could work in Santa Clara — the 49ers have money, some talent, and a lot of good draft picks coming up — but not so long as York demands that its a triumvirate of power.

He’s a meddler who is out of his depth, and he refuses to admit either fact.

And without pause or smirk, he declared Monday “I don’t make football decisions.”

If that’s the case, why does York need to be part of a three-man partnership?​

Looking for the 49ers’ worst problem? Start at the top

We should have known what was coming when John York fired Steve Mariucci about five minutes after the 49ers won an NFC West title and a thrilling wild-card game. That’s how the slide started and, except for a three-year moment of bliss under Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have become an NFL punch line.

Jed York, the current owner, has continued where his father left off. When it comes to matters of football, he’s a dangerous executive. Why? Because he thinks he knows something about football and, in fact, he knows nothing. Worse, he doesn’t even know what he doesn’t know.​
This sounds so much like the situation down here in Washington from 1999 when fanboy owner Dan Snyder bought the Skins until a couple of years ago when he hired Scot McCloughan as GM and Jay Gruden as coach. Even a Hall of Fame coach like Joe Gibbs couldn't right the ship. Josh should "just say no" to York.

Who will be OC if McD leaves?

Jed York I mean Jesus is that a bad move for him.

You mean Brian Daboll?

The money must be tempting. Coordinators make a great living wage of course, and if you are smart you can accumulate enough to have a nice retirement and pay for the kids to go to Harvard.

But HC money can set you and your kids up for life in an entirely different way. It must be tempting to think about taking the money even with a crazy owner.

I'm betting he stays. Calling around for potential staff is simply a due diligence move.

McDaniels' has stated more than once that his wife isn't interested in moving the family again unless it is for the long term, and with the current ownership of the 49'rs, that's a sucker's bet.
And San Fran isn't as good a place as New England to bring up your kids!

As long as he keeps his focus for the next 2 games, I'm ok with him leaving for greener pastures. Do your job McD !

I hope he's not hesitant. He needs to get plays in to Tom before the 15 second mic cutoff time.

And if we're talking about him becoming a head coach, I would be hesitant too after being caught actually taping other team's practices in Denver (never forget!)

Great, so he's thinking about that, and not the upcoming game. And calling potential assistant coaches, etc.

That's why the NFL should treat the coach free agency the same way as it does for players.. set a date that teams can start interviewing, etc until after the Super Bowl because its ridiculous to have to prepare for the biggest games of your season while your coordinators are flying around doing interviews and trying to put a coaching staff together for another team that they aren't even on yet

Its not McDaniels or anyones fault, its the fault of the league for not setting some boundaries related to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News