PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels is hesitant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Mcdaniels is hesitant to move his family to the west coast if it isnt a long term move.
However PFT is claiming he is calling coaches to create a possible staff.
Not looking good that Josh stays and if he leaves Caserio would be intrigued to go with him.
Niners are interviewing Cable today but nobody thinks hes a serious contender for the job.
Supposedly the Yorks dont like Shannys attitude.
Looks like this may be Josh's last year with the Pats.

That's fine. BB surely has things under control, knowing this day would come. Patricia staying helps. Josh deserves a shot & it being in the NFC is ideal.

I'm betting he stays. Calling around for potential staff is simply a due diligence move.

McDaniels' has stated more than once that his wife isn't interested in moving the family again unless it is for the long term, and with the current ownership of the 49'rs, that's a sucker's bet.

Josh McDaniels should be hesitant about taking the job in San Francisco. It is the worst of all this year's head coach openings and may be the most poorly run franchise in the NFL. He would be far better off waiting another year than to take this gig.

Ranking NFL head coach job openings: Why would anybody want 49ers gig?

What could possibly be attractive about a job that’s cycled through three coaches in three years — including one that took them to the Super Bowl? The fans are alienated enough to fly anti-Jed York banners over the half-empty, state-of-the-art stadium.

Whoever gets the job faces a total roster reconstruction, especially on defense.​

Jed York proved once again that he's the cause of the 49ers' problems | FOX Sports

But considering the dysfunction in Santa Clara — the 49ers are the first modern NFL team to fire coaches after first-year head coaches in back-to-backs seasons — what top-flight football mind would want to work with York?

A partnership between a general manager and a head coach could work in Santa Clara — the 49ers have money, some talent, and a lot of good draft picks coming up — but not so long as York demands that its a triumvirate of power.

He’s a meddler who is out of his depth, and he refuses to admit either fact.

And without pause or smirk, he declared Monday “I don’t make football decisions.”

If that’s the case, why does York need to be part of a three-man partnership?​

Looking for the 49ers’ worst problem? Start at the top

We should have known what was coming when John York fired Steve Mariucci about five minutes after the 49ers won an NFC West title and a thrilling wild-card game. That’s how the slide started and, except for a three-year moment of bliss under Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have become an NFL punch line.

Jed York, the current owner, has continued where his father left off. When it comes to matters of football, he’s a dangerous executive. Why? Because he thinks he knows something about football and, in fact, he knows nothing. Worse, he doesn’t even know what he doesn’t know.​

I agree with Josh... I would not disrupt my family's stability on the word of a shady, widely-distrusted owner like Jed York, who's already fired 3 coaches in 3 years.

He needs to wait it out another year for something more promising, and reassuring

josh should would get fired in 1 year.

BB can bring him back as the QB coach

If Josh was smart he'd view heading to SF as he would on a vacation to Raqqa

Mcdaniels is hesitant to move his family to the west coast if it isnt a long term move.
However PFT is claiming he is calling coaches to create a possible staff.
Not looking good that Josh stays and if he leaves Caserio would be intrigued to go with him.
Niners are interviewing Cable today but nobody thinks hes a serious contender for the job.
Supposedly the Yorks dont like Shannys attitude.
Looks like this may be Josh's last year with the Pats.
didnt caserio already turn the job down?

It was reported by Jason La forna only way Caserio would interview is if Josh was the HC.

I'm sure McDaniels will think long and hard before taking a job with such an unstable management. I don't know what the Patriots pay him, but I'm sure the 49ers will have to make him a huge offer to lure him across the country. Might be tough to turn down if it's a "set for life" type of deal.

Why would Caserio follow McDaniels? Haven't seen anything else written about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft