PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels is hesitant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason La reported it
Niners messageboard alot of the posters said they got push notifications that Josh is the favorite just a few minutes ago.
So clearly Josh and Jed are negotiating.
I have a feeling the concern about moving the family maybe true but could be nullfied by more guaranteed money.

Jason La reported it
Niners messageboard alot of the posters said they got push notifications that Josh is the favorite just a few minutes ago.
So clearly Josh and Jed are negotiating.
I have a feeling the concern about moving the family maybe true but could be nullfied by more guaranteed money.

Can't this friggin' wait until the Pats' season is over?

BB got a pass on the cleveland mistake, and he took the right job in NE to counter that.....

Mcdaniels has Denver.....he has to take the right job on his next shot......SF is NOT that shot imho

BB got a pass on the cleveland mistake, and he took the right job in NE to counter that.....

Mcdaniels has Denver.....he has to take the right job on his next shot......SF is NOT that shot imho
I have no idea if it is or not but we know people were saying the same thing about him taking the job in New England.

It was reported by Jason La forna only way Caserio would interview is if Josh was the HC.

Hearing conflicting reports. Caserio already declined an interview with the 49ers, and was reported as having reservations about the owner.

I have no idea if it is or not but we know people were saying the same thing about him taking the job in New England.

you're talking BB?

he at least knew he had an owner committed to long term and winning, and who was willing to take a back seat and let him do his job

nothing in SF points to this

Josh McDaniels should be hesitant about taking the job in San Francisco. It is the worst of all this year's head coach openings and may be the most poorly run franchise in the NFL. He would be far better off waiting another year than to take this gig.

Ranking NFL head coach job openings: Why would anybody want 49ers gig?

What could possibly be attractive about a job that’s cycled through three coaches in three years — including one that took them to the Super Bowl? The fans are alienated enough to fly anti-Jed York banners over the half-empty, state-of-the-art stadium.

Whoever gets the job faces a total roster reconstruction, especially on defense.​

Jed York proved once again that he's the cause of the 49ers' problems | FOX Sports

But considering the dysfunction in Santa Clara — the 49ers are the first modern NFL team to fire coaches after first-year head coaches in back-to-backs seasons — what top-flight football mind would want to work with York?

A partnership between a general manager and a head coach could work in Santa Clara — the 49ers have money, some talent, and a lot of good draft picks coming up — but not so long as York demands that its a triumvirate of power.

He’s a meddler who is out of his depth, and he refuses to admit either fact.

And without pause or smirk, he declared Monday “I don’t make football decisions.”

If that’s the case, why does York need to be part of a three-man partnership?​

Looking for the 49ers’ worst problem? Start at the top

We should have known what was coming when John York fired Steve Mariucci about five minutes after the 49ers won an NFC West title and a thrilling wild-card game. That’s how the slide started and, except for a three-year moment of bliss under Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers have become an NFL punch line.

Jed York, the current owner, has continued where his father left off. When it comes to matters of football, he’s a dangerous executive. Why? Because he thinks he knows something about football and, in fact, he knows nothing. Worse, he doesn’t even know what he doesn’t know.​
There was time when much of that could have been said about the Pats. It all changed with the right coach and QB and an owner that learned from previous misfires.
I think the 49ers job isn't as bad as people are making it out.
The right coach that leads them back to relevancy is going to be a hero. There is a lot of tradition out there.

Now that the bye week is over can there still be contact between loser teams and their prospective HC hires until their season is over?

How was New England the right shot? I mean the Pats were really nothing before BB got here.
He won 5 games his first season then the rest is history.
I am biased as I moved to SF about 9 months ago and would love to watch Josh if he ends up leaving.
Edit- for additional detail I know Parcells took them to a SB and the Pats had some good teams in the mid to late 70s and mid 80s, but after that up until mid 90s the Pats were real bad.

Last edited:
If Josh were smart he would realize that as long as he stays in NE, he will have his pick of jobs every year and maybe the job here someday.

He'd be better off waiting for a more promising situation. SF is a cluster.

How was New England the right shot? I mean the Pats were really nothing before BB got here.
He won 5 games his first season then the rest is history.
I am biased as I moved to SF about 9 months ago and would love to watch Josh if he ends up leaving.

Kraft had a plan - Pete wasn't it, and he knew it.....he was willing to bring BB in, and give him unofficial/official full control (yeah, he had a GM, but.....)

you're talking BB?

he at least knew he had an owner committed to long term and winning, and who was willing to take a back seat and let him do his job

nothing in SF points to this
Actually Kraft was not known for doing any of those things. That was one of the reasons Parcells left.
Kraft is an amazing owner now, but he learned from some missteps.

Like about a 99% chance josh is fired from the 49ers if/when they have a bad season next year

Their owner is that bad

Reports are that Mcdaniels and Shanahan are comfortable that York is determined to win and will be patient to build.

Reports are that Mcdaniels and Shanahan are comfortable that York is determined to win and will be patient to build.
didnt we hear the same thing last year? that they would be patient and wouldn't fire Kelly after a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back