PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McClellin could return to practice this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read what you wrote. You were impressed that he managed 2 catches by running jerk routes and consider that "killing Rowe" while I consider it poor production from a starting wr and a guy who contributed to them losing by not even having a decent day when Julio got 4 targets.
What did I miss?
Sanu beat his guy about 4 times. 2 times he wasn't targeted. And that is killing Rowe. Those were critical plays.

But he hardly blocks considering he plays less than 10 percent of patriot snaps per game

What is he primarily asked to do these days? Warm the bench?

TE2s, even the lesser ones have contributed much more than Allen has in the passing game. And contributed just as much blocking wise. And have typically gotten to play more snaps
Not sure what your point is here.
You want us to sit Gronk or one of the WRs to get a 2nd TE in the field more?

Why are you so obsessed with a backup TE?

Sanu beat his guy about 4 times. 2 times he wasn't targeted. And that is killing Rowe. Those were critical plays.
So you are telling me that a starting WR gets open 4 times in a game (in your opinion) and catches 2 passes for 25 yards and the guy covering him should be embarrassed? You are joking right?

What do you consider critical plays?
His only catch in the first 59:08 was in 2nd and 10 at the ne 28 on the second drive of the 3rd quarter.
Then his only other catch was a 12 years pass with 52 seconds left from the Atlanta 11 that burned 20 of the 52 seconds, i.e. They let him have it.

So you are telling me that a starting WR gets open 4 times in a game (in your opinion) and catches 2 passes for 25 yards and the guy covering him should be embarrassed? You are joking right?

Andy, I'm just telling you Sanu got open 4 times. And told you how. I figured this is good info for people to know.

What do you consider critical plays?
His only catch in the first 59:08 was in 2nd and 10 at the ne 28 on the second drive of the 3rd quarter.
Then his only other catch was a 12 years pass with 52 seconds left from the Atlanta 11 that burned 20 of the 52 seconds, i.e. They let him have it.

Andy, I don't have time to look at Super Bowl LI again right now. So you'll just have to wait until I have a chance. I guestimate that will be at least after Super Bowl LII when things have died down. So sit tight, and I'll get back to you then. But that's what I remembered off the top of my head. Have a good Day Andy!:)

Andy, I'm just telling you Sanu got open 4 times. And told you how. I figured this is good info for people to know.
That's fine but giving that response to my comment he is a JAG implies you think that is impressive. If not and you agree he is a JAG and this fact proves it then we are in the same page.

Andy, I don't have time to look at Super Bowl LI again right now. So you'll just have to wait until I have a chance. I guestimate that will be at least after Super Bowl LII when things have died down. So sit tight, and I'll get back to you then. But that's what I remembered off the top of my head. Have a good Day Andy!:)
No need to review. There were only 2.
Unless you consider those 2 to be critical plays (one was helpful but bit critical, the urge meaningless) there is no need to rewatch the game to see that. You have a good day yourself.

That's fine but giving that response to my comment he is a JAG implies you think that is impressive. If not and you agree he is a JAG and this fact proves it then we are in the same page.

No need to review. There were only 2.
Unless you consider those 2 to be critical plays (one was helpful but bit critical, the urge meaningless) there is no need to rewatch the game to see that. You have a good day yourself.

We should reconvene in the off-season when I have time to look at Super Bowl LI again.

McClellin sucks and isn't going to help this defense at all.

We should reconvene in the off-season when I have time to look at Super Bowl LI again.
No need. I know what happened.

You sure? It wouldn't appear that we're on the same page. We should discuss this.:)
Nothing to discuss. He caught 2 passes.

Yes and open for 2 more on the same move. :)
So you say. But catching 2 passes all day and purportedly being open 2 other times doesn't come close to rising above the JAG level that everything else about him says.

McClellin sucks and isn't going to help this defense at all.

It seems likely that he will contribute more than Harris and more than Langi.

In any case, he did contribute in 2016.

IMHO, McClellan doesn't need to play much to be a serious contributor. Having McClellan instead of Roberts on passing downs in a major, major improvement.

So you say. But catching 2 passes all day and purportedly being open 2 other times doesn't come close to rising above the JAG level that everything else about him says.
I was just giving information about how Sanu did against us. I'm sure some members of this board will appreciate the info. :)

I was just giving information about how Sanu did against us. I'm sure some members of this board will appreciate the info. :)
Perhaps they will but 2 catches for 25 yards sums it up pretty succinctly and what you said doesn't offer any real change to that. But thanks for the input.

So, who then is the 53 casualty to make room?

Langi to NFI would seem an obvious possibility. Others?
Surely langi. But I don't know if NFi is available in season or not.
Looking at the video of him there is bones he is playing this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST