PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McClellin could return to practice this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s a great player, but we could certainly use his help.

I specifically remember posters last year heavily criticizing mclellan for not playing well at all

I specifically remember posters last year heavily criticizing mclellan for not playing well at all

It's about potential improvement, not definite improvement.

We already knew this of course. I will go further and predict he will practice and be activated at the earliest opportunity because the LBs need help. How much he can help remains to be seen, but he is athletic. I would not be surprised to see additions via trade as well.

Nah what you remember is the same trolls and doom & gloomers that whine about every player

McClelllin back means no Jordan Richards playing LB
Jordan Richards doesn't play LB. He plays db in a dime package.

I don't understand what the coaches see in Kyle Van Noy? He has been given an extension and he seems slow and always missing assignments in games.

Does he somehow become L.Taylor in practice?

Can he be decent in pass coverage?

Independently of whether or not he'll be good, which is a separate discussion, he's absolutely an improvement over the guys we have out there now.

Even if he's pretty bad, godawful to pretty bad is still a significant step up.

I don't understand what the coaches see in Kyle Van Noy? He has been given an extension and he seems slow and always missing assignments in games.

Does he somehow become L.Taylor in practice?

Not true imo. He's been a good LB. Unfortunately he played without Hightower for a few games so may have been somewhat overwhelmed. He had a good game Sunday.

Jordan Richards doesn't play LB. He plays db in a dime package.

They had him in that "Star" LB role for the first few games. But you're right he's not an LB.

They had him in that "Star" LB role for the first few games. But you're right he's not an LB.
No he was playing safety in dime.
If it were nickel a LB would have been in there.
This is like calling a nickel corner a lb

Not true imo. He's been a good LB. Unfortunately he played without Hightower for a few games so may have been somewhat overwhelmed. He had a good game Sunday.
He struggles as the mike.( One reason that 335 we experiment with is a debacle. )
But he is versatile. Ok run defender, ok blitzes, ok coverage guy.
No special strengths but no big weaknesses and a high effort evidently smart guy. Roman phifer-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News