PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

Any thoughts on when we may hear about the position coaching changes , either new coaches or movements of existing coaches ?

Possibly next week ?
I'm hoping to hear about hiring some position coaches soon. Not sure if they'll do announcements for guys changing roles internally. I'm really curious if Nick Caley will stay on since he was passed on for the Pats and Jets OC jobs.

I'm hoping to hear about hiring some position coaches soon. Not sure if they'll do announcements for guys changing roles internally. I'm really curious if Nick Caley will stay on since he was passed on for the Pats and Jets OC jobs.
I think who will be the O/Line coach is most awaited...and maybe the Special teams coach :oops:

Pats need to get Judge and Patricia out of the coaching staff.. Period.

Get Klemm to run OL / Run game and find a ST coach. Let Judge go, Patricia can stay in Ernie Adams role.... BB is fumbling this one bad.

How is BB fumbling?
From what I've read, the Pats are in negotiations with Klemm to come be the O-line Coach.

There IS a very good chance that Judge is gone based on the Guregian article. Seems that Judge wasn't doing his job well and was trying to "help" others only to screw that up.

Could you elaborate?

Any thoughts on when we may hear about the position coaching changes , either new coaches or movements of existing coaches ?

Possibly next week ?

It's interesting that the Patriots put their Coaches into different spots for the Shrine Game. Not sure if that is to get them experience or to to help evaluate the players.

With BOB being the OC/QB Coach and the Pats really liking Klemm (2nd interview) It's going to be interesting to see how Mayo/BoB handle filling out the rest of the Offense and how BB/MAYO handle the rest of the team positions.

It IS interesting that Achord is at the Shrine Game as the ST Supervisor. I'd have thought the team would part ways with him by now if they were going to do so.

Cam Achord is running ST at the Shrine Bowl, so don't get your hopes up...
SPECULATION: What if one of the reasons things went even worse on ST is if Judge was there contradicting things that Achord was telling players?

He didn't travel to shrine bowl is my understanding.

How is BB fumbling?
From what I've read, the Pats are in negotiations with Klemm to come be the O-line Coach.

There IS a very good chance that Judge is gone based on the Guregian article. Seems that Judge wasn't doing his job well and was trying to "help" others only to screw that up.

Could you elaborate?
Link on negotiations w/ Klemm?

Cam Achord is running ST at the Shrine Bowl, so don't get your hopes up...
It’s even worse than that. He is not listed as a special teams coach, but as a “Supervisor”, which was otherwise reserved for the established/vet coaches, who are definitely going to be part of the staff next year. I really must be missing something. Maybe Bill traded some autonomy (in terms of that press release, for instance) for Achord’s job security. He seems like a bright guy and a good dude but his unit has been absolute dogsh*t for two years straight. He shouldn’t get a third year, at least in that role.

Wondering this too. Hope they wrap it up …OL was disaster last year

I’ve been pretty clear on this. Patricia was a stop gap.
What is the difference between stop gap and bridge year?
Of course he expected the stop gap to work well enough or he would have done something else.
Patricia and judge was a miserable judgement by bb
He only wanted to hire some friends and yes sayer, that’s it
Are you under the assumption he is supposed to be infallible?
Which is more likely? He picked an option he knew would fail, or he picked the option he felt was best for the situation but was wrong and it failed?
Andi if you really think there was no better option than Patricia than bb seems to have no clue if he really thought Patricia would be the best available option
It was clear to most people that Patricia is a fail from the start so why thöugzt bb that Patricia is the best option?
Was kafka not a better option? He took the giants miserable offense under judge to a complete different level with one of the worst receiving corps because they suck at wr and te and are bottom of talent league wide at skill positions except Barkley
So yeah sure patricia and judge who both never coached offense nor were successful HC I am sure that they were tje best options

Sounds like there will be more changes coming

O line wr and te coach pls because they haven‘t showed anything of player development with high paid veterans or rookies

I agree. Looking backwards it looks really stupid. For some reason it looked OK to the Pats, which includes Kraft. No idea why. But I think they talked about it and decided to wait.

Do you think they didn't talk about it? Do you think they stumbled into it with no discussion? No way is Kraft so removed from the organization that it was not discussed in my opinion.
Good question
I always thought which is also said by posters here that bb has the reigns to do what he thinks is best for them team and that kraft did not interfere in hiring like this season
I think Kraft was not involved much in the hiring of Patricia and judge

Sounds like there will be more changes coming

It was reported before his hiring that one of his stipulations was being able to bring in his own staff (or at least have a say in more guys being brought in). Sounds like he won that battle.

Good question
I always thought which is also said by posters here that bb has the reigns to do what he thinks is best for them team and that kraft did not interfere in hiring like this season
I think Kraft was not involved much in the hiring of Patricia and judge

No way. Kraft gives BB some leeway but no-one runs a multi-billion dollar business without a yearly plan and budget that has to be approved. You don't have a yearly budget at your work?

It’s even worse than that. He is not listed as a special teams coach, but as a “Supervisor”, which was otherwise reserved for the established/vet coaches, who are definitely going to be part of the staff next year. I really must be missing something.
I think it’s less about Achord and more about letting Joe Houston be the ST coordinator for a week. The goal is for everybody to take on a new role, and that’s really the only thing that makes sense for Houston to do. The Falcons solved this problem by making their ST coordinator the HC for the Shrine Bowl, while the Patriots are having Achord step back into a “supervisor” role.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back