PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

This seems like good news

That’s quite an odd thing to officially publish. If Mayo isn’t on board with staying, it almost seems like something that could get him upset.

Great news on the OC front. Now QB coach and ST coach next…..

I can never tell what Zolak knows or what he’s guessing, but he did mention a possible assistant head coach title for Mayo. That would acknowledge him as a top member of the staff that doesn’t specifically coordinate the offense or defense, similar to Scarnecchia all those years when he had that title.

very odd to publish this. wonder if this is driven by Jonny and other things are happening (for better or for worse)

This is ridiculously transparent for the Patriots. Kind of freaking me out.

I’m shocked at the Mayo news. It’s not a done deal but the fact that it’s being published makes it seem like it’s close to a done deal - it’s basically an announcement saying “he’s staying, his official title just hasn’t been stamped down yet.”

Seems like he’ll be the DC or maybe even more than that. Possible HC of the NEP in the future?

Wow - this is surprising and so unlike the Pats. Maybe they are feeling some heat.

Hope Mayo does stick around but I did not think he was going to be DC. Maybe being promised HC down the line? I would not stick around just for an assistant HC title as those don't mean much.

I’m shocked at the Mayo news. It’s not a done deal but the fact that it’s being published makes it seem like it’s close to a done deal - it’s basically an announcement saying “he’s staying, his official title just hasn’t been stamped down yet.”

Seems like he’ll be the DC or maybe even more than that. Possible HC of the NEP in the future?
Agree 100%

Feels like a Red Sox PR move.

I'm inclined to say he may be the future HC, once BB hangs them up. Wouldn't surprise me if this is a way of showing it?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back