PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan gets 5Yr/150 Mil contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_p312wwaCEM1uorz8zo6_500.gif

I came to comment "huh, 20m a year is a discount for Ryan". Then I read the OP and realized the title is misleading. That's just the guaranteed part...damn.

It’s going to screw the Falcons going forward just like Jump Ball Joe’s contract with the Ravens did. I think Brady is the only QB who gets that a massive QB contract cripples the entire team...

Matt Ryan’s new deal is a five-year extension, adding to this year. So under contract through 2023. Gets $30m per year in new money, as @mortreport reported.

So

• 5 year extension
  • $30m per year
  • $150m total
  • $100m guaranteed

is what's currently being reported

19/10 TD/INT ratio with one of the greatest WR's ever & just drafted another WR in the 1st.

Good for him. With a half decent offensive coordinator they woulda beat Philly in that playoff game.

Seeing Gisele’s salary dropped from 30 million in 2016, to 17 million in 2017, we might just be coming up on the time where Brady asks for a little more.
Lol
C’MON Gisele!!!

Good for him. With a half decent offensive coordinator they woulda beat Philly in that playoff game.
A 30 million dollar qb shouldn’t blame sucking in a conference championship
On the OC

It’s going to screw the Falcons going forward just like Jump Ball Joe’s contract with the Ravens did. I think Brady is the only QB who gets that a massive QB contract cripples the entire team...
At least Ryan is better than Flacco. But unfortunately for them he’s not an elite QB.

I'm not sure what to think of the absurdity of any player making that high a % of the cap but I am sure it seems more plausible that it be Ryan than Cousins. After all, at least Ryan is a former MVP that's taken his team to a SB as opposed to Cousins that can't seem to beat a good team. Can't imagine what the % would be if someone that actually was worth the top contract like a Brees, Brady or Rodgers decided they wanted to really break the bank but it would be one scary big number.

On another note, what is with the BS thread titles in the past 24 hours?

Not sure what else the Falcons could have done. They have a QB that when surrounded by talent is good enough to have a good regular season and playoffs. And a QB like is already difficult to find so after the market got pushed farther and farther up they really were in a no-win scenario.

So that's a weekly game check of $1,875,000! Imagine trying to cash that at the drive up bank teller on a Friday afternoon:D:D:D

um can I get that in 93,750 $20 bills please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back