PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan gets 5Yr/150 Mil contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez it's amazing how underpaid the GOAT is compared to these guys that haven't even won a single ring.

I wonder how Julio feels about this granted a QB always makes more money and severely overpaid.

At least Ryan is better than Flacco. But unfortunately for them he’s not an elite QB.

I agree on Ryan being better than Flacco, but I do think Ryan is elite, albeit at the lower end of the elite group.

100m guaranteed. And me with zero athletic ability. Life's not fair. Good for him tho.

Welp, GB won’t be any good for a while...

Last edited:
So that's a weekly game check of $1,875,000! Imagine trying to cash that at the drive up bank teller on a Friday afternoon:D:D:D

um can I get that in 93,750 $20 bills please?
You have to think like Pac-Man Jones.
1,875,000 singles.

Not sure what else the Falcons could have done. They have a QB that when surrounded by talent is good enough to have a good regular season and playoffs. And a QB like is already difficult to find so after the market got pushed farther and farther up they really were in a no-win scenario.
Yeah. The problem is you get stuck paying a guy who isn’t nearly the best like he is the best because the cheaper alternative sucks and isn’t all that much cheaper.

Eh, that’s decent coin I guess.

Who is negotiating these contracts? The Department of Defense?

The numbers would be even higher if the NFLPA hadn't gotten crushed in the last CBA negotiations.

jc9bs2sxdk501.jpg

I look at Matt Ryan and I see Drew Bledsoe. Absolutely a talent you can win with, all the tools and skills are there, but there's also flaws -- mental errors and bad chances that will prevent you from going all the way with him unless the stars allign just right.

So he's your QB because replacing him is risky and there's no need for it, but he's also very frustrating because he's not really the best out there and his existence precludes any idea of getting a guy better than he is. That's the tradeoff for good quarterbacks who are not great quarterbacks.

If we had never found TB12, Bledsoe would probably have finished his career here. We started doing a lot better when we got him than we had before. But these guys aren't the elite of the league, and the decision to stick with the probably-good-enough QB or take a spin on the wheel to try to land an all world talent is never quite a settled one.

Since the new CBA in 2011, what's the highest cap hit for a QB on a Super Bowl winning team?

I think it would be $17.5M in 2015 (12%) for Manning. Brady would be next-highest in 2014 at just under $14.9M (11%), followed by Brady in 2016 with around $13.8M (9%).

So it's tough to foresee a team winning while paying their QB $25M+. $30M is roughly 17% of the cap this year. It might happen, but that $10-$15M is such a competitive advantage. That's 2 or 3 solid veterans or another superstar on the roster.

Edit: updated with % of cap and some more accurate figures.

Last edited:
Seeing Gisele’s salary dropped from 30 million in 2016, to 17 million in 2017, we might just be coming up on the time where Brady asks for a little more.
Lol
C’MON Gisele!!!
Brady's making more and more from the TB12 center

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes