PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Ryan gets 5Yr/150 Mil contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to think of the absurdity of any player making that high a % of the cap but I am sure it seems more plausible that it be Ryan than Cousins. After all, at least Ryan is a former MVP that's taken his team to a SB as opposed to Cousins that can't seem to beat a good team. Can't imagine what the % would be if someone that actually was worth the top contract like a Brees, Brady or Rodgers decided they wanted to really break the bank but it would be one scary big number.

On another note, what is with the BS thread titles in the past 24 hours?
I would wait and see what Cousins does with a great defense and decent franchise in Minnesota before I'd trash him. I live in the DC area, and I thought he did as well as could be expected in what has been a 20 year dumpster fire named the Redskins.

I would wait and see what Cousins does with a great defense and decent franchise in Minnesota before I'd trash him. I live in the DC area, and I thought he did as well as could be expected in what has been a 20 year dumpster fire named the Redskins.

Not trashing Cousins at all, just pointing out he has made max money without quite proving he was a next level max money guy. I gave him mad props in the past for betting on himself and winning. He worked a system that is designed to work the players, good for him and I tip my cap to the cojones he displayed in risking injury to do it.

Brady should get 50 million per year.
To stay financially competative with the rest of the QB club, Brady should sell tickets to his interviews and have the interviewer pay him

I should have been a QB.
They couldn’t pay me enough to put my hands between the fattest guy on the team’s sweaty crotch 70 times a game. :eek:

who woulda thought highest paid nfl player is a bc guy

Not bad money for a clown known for melting......

202e411401e8a578e3b8c3633c907161.jpg

Pretty nice deal for someone who will never be looked at as a winner.

Ryan, Cousins, Jimmy are now the highest paid QBs. Would put the over/under career Super Bowls between ALL of them combined at 0.5

Last edited:
Pretty nice deal for someone who will never be looked at as a winner.

Ryan, Cousins, Jimmy are now the highest paid QBs. Would put the over/under career Super Bowls between ALL of them combined at 0.5
Cousins actually has a very good shot of at least making the Super Bowl this year. The Vikings are stacked. He always had crappy teams in Washington. No excuses for him anymore.

I thought the 9ers would've made more of a splash this offseason but didn't. I'm not really digging what they've done so far. They took a OT really high in the draft and trade Trent Brown who was a stud before his injury. The only knock on Brown was his conditioning. McKinnon, in my opinion, was a terrible signing as he was very ineffective in Minnesota. The drafted Dalvin Cook because of this. Jimmy has pretty much the same supporting cast at WR and TE. Kittle and Taylor have promise but that's about it. Who knows if Garcon is able to come back from his injury. I do think at some point Jimmy G will end up in a Super Bowl.

The Falcons are toast.

We should all be lucky how Tom Brady has been a team first guy when he should've been the highest paid QB in the NFL every year.

Last edited:
Pretty nice deal for someone who will never be looked at as a winner
To each his own, but I’m just not sure how you arrive at that conclusion? Granted, the term “winner” has a lot of gray area to it, but if you’re speaking solely on his prospects of winning a SB in the NFL, how can you begin to predict such a thing? He could play another 10 years, with his team in a pretty consistent playoff rotation.

One can make a strong argument that he’s a top 5 quarterback right now, and that he’ll jump up in the top 2-3 when Brees and Brady retire in the next few years.

So
They couldn’t pay me enough to put my hands between the fattest guy on the team’s sweaty crotch 70 times a game. :eek:

Sounds to me like someone who’s insecure and potentially still in the closet.

It’s a 150 million “Bro”

Not sure what else the Falcons could have done. They have a QB that when surrounded by talent is good enough to have a good regular season and playoffs. And a QB like is already difficult to find so after the market got pushed farther and farther up they really were in a no-win scenario.

Yea. You could only hope your super star QB doesn't hold the team ransom. Brady had three rings by the time he became the legend, so early in his career. I wonder if knowing that he was building a very special legacy changed his mindset compared to if he was just really good on a team that sometimes won. Armchair speculation.

there are more teams than good qb's........they actually almost won an SB......

Sanu, Garbiel, Hardy just aren't that good

A season removed from their meltdown, they should be better

Matty must be flying high right now :D

A 30 million dollar qb shouldn’t blame sucking in a conference championship
On the OC

Peyton Manning is the only QB in the history of the game that could call his own plays...

Peyton Manning is the only QB in the history of the game that could call his own plays...
First of all Peyton Manning didn’t call his own plays. And secondly the history of football didn’t start in the 80s.
Third not being able to call your own plays is not an excuse for your offense sucking. A qbs job is to execute.

So

Sounds to me like someone who’s insecure and potentially still in the closet.

It’s a 150 million “Bro”
It’s a joke Bro. Go to a luau or something and cheer up

It’s a joke “Bro” Go to a luau or something and cheer up
Sorry if I offended anyone with my attempted humor reply. Don’t want to get anyone’s panties in a bunch

Last edited:
First of all Peyton Manning didn’t call his own plays. And secondly the history of football didn’t start in the 80s.
Third not being able to call your own plays is not an excuse for your offense sucking. A qbs job is to execute.

Jim Kelly was the last quarterback to call his own plays.

No huddle plays and series of plays are practiced and part of the game plan.

Brady, Rodgers and some others have their choice of 2 plays going into the huddle. Brady chooses based on defenses, not based on him choosing a play not called by the OC. And yes, there can be occasional "audibles", which aren't called by the sidelines. And yes, these plays are part of practice and situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft