PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia Uses Canopy to Keep Players Cool in Win Over Dolphins

Wonder if BB sent him a Thank You text for beating the Dolphins :D

Why didn’t they just attach some poles and keep tension on them? Has to be easier than holding that thing above their head.

Why didn’t they just attach some poles and keep tension on them? Has to be easier than holding that thing above their head.
My assumption is they weren't permitted to, which has to be the only reason they didn't try and fashion some poles or something to support it. If that's true and Patricia had staffers do that to help his players while staying within the guidelines, that just makes it even more interesting. Curious to see if someone else within the media sheds some more light on it.

Great story. I am really happy to see Patricia already getting some good results... At the beginning of the year, plenty of reports were thrown that people weren't happy in detroit

But, who could've guessed? Hardwork does bring some positive results sometimes. I think they're turning things around there

If I remember correctly part of the recent renovations actually took into account the sun position at 1:00 games and made the stands and home team to be in shade but the road team exposed.

If I remember correctly part of the recent renovations actually took into account the sun position at 1:00 games and made the stands and home team to be in shade but the road team exposed.
Imagine the outcry if the Patriots did this.

"They're trying to kill their opponents by heat stroke."

are visiting teams not allowed to set up proper canopies around the bench instead of people just holding them up?

Great story. I am really happy to see Patricia already getting some good results... At the beginning of the year, plenty of reports were thrown that people weren't happy in detroit

But, who could've guessed? Hardwork does bring some positive results sometimes. I think they're turning things around there

In June the press was reporting that they were worried about the Lions as Patricia was making them run toooooo much, shades of idiocy a la Tom Jackson..

But Roger has not had his say yet.... stay tuned.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...icia-danger-losing-players-running/686349002/

I Knew he’d innovate. Props!! Phins Delenda EST!

They would likely face a fine. There has to be a way around this though, maybe prop a bunch of those medical tents up.

Going back to the days of Pharaoh seeing those guys hold those.
I wonder if they were switching off every 10 minutes or what ?
More info is needed.

Prior to the renovation, seating in the lower bowl on a Sept or Oct afternoon was the most miserable experience you can imagine......direct sun with virtually no air circulation. One game I attended approached 120 degrees on the field.
Have to believe air circulation is completely nonexistent now with the partial roof blocking all wind....plus the heated astroturf baking in the sun. Just a miserable place to play football.
The NFL is so hypocritical. Concussions....now bad. Heat stroke.......muhhhhhh. Forbidding shade structures for players wearing full gear inside their oven....of course.
Forcing fans to endure oppressive afternoon heat....who cares.....the TV show must go on.

That sounds like something they learned from Don Shula, King of the Asterjerks.

That sounds like a form of torture! having to stand in the hot sun and hold a canopy up over your head. I wonder how many staffers he brought to do this. "Hey guys, how would you like a free trip to south beach? you only have to work a few hours". Stafford said in the article that he was going to get the guys who held up the canopy something. They had to have switched out every ten minutes or so, otherwise they all would have collapsed.

Speaking of the Lions can't say I'm not a little envious of their picks. We picked the exact positions early on and they got Two Studs in OL Frank Ragnow and RB Kerryon Johnson Great value both picks.

Speaking of the Lions can't say I'm not a little envious of their picks. We picked the exact positions early on and they got Two Studs in OL Frank Ragnow and RB Kerryon Johnson Great value both picks.
I'm jealous of their luck : I have no problem with Wynn n Michel... I just wish they hadn't been injured.

I'm jealous of their luck : I have no problem with Wynn n Michel... I just wish they hadn't been injured.
We got better players

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back