PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally figured out why we lost Super Bowl 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancerman

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Let's look at Matt Patricia on the Lions. He beats Brady (a well known QB with tons of tape), he beat Rodgers (a well known QB with tons of tape). I'm not going to hold road losses to divisional rivals against them. And the Seahawks and Cowboys have the talent that made them up and down enough that I can sort of understand those

The 3 big losses that were massive head scratchers for the Lions were

Week 1: Jets
Week 2. 49'ers
Week 12: Bears (minus Trubisky)

What do these have in common? The Jets were starting their brand new QB who had very little tape on him, the 49'ers were starting Garoppolo who they just got last year and finally had a real off season to tailor his play to the system, and Daniels who hadn't played a significant snap in years.

Patricia's a smart guy and he does his homework. A lot of his defenses for us were tailored to playing against the strength's of the QB we played. When there is uncertainty (rookies QB, relatively new QB who just learned the system, and a vet who hadn't played in a while).... he lost games that people believed he should have won.

Why do I say this... Because Foles was a mid season replacement for Wentz who significantly upped his game in the playoffs and was a lot harder to prepare for. You couldn't use the tape of him sucking when he first came out in 2017 because he wasn't playing at that level anymore. All we had to go off of was two games in the playoffs. Hence our defense had no answers for Foles and he looked comfortable all game.

We could have been better in the red area, everyone always talks about Brady throwing for over 500 yards but he only threw 3TDs and we had 1 rushing TD so it's not like we were rushing it in for the score instead of throwing, there's been qbs that have throw for 200-300 yards and thrown more TD passes.

Tunnel Binkie vision Brady had White for a easy FD but was waiting for Gronk to spring free thus the fumble. The tape on that specific down got to make Brady sick. We didn't have to get greedy with that Defense we were sporting just take your freaking time. :rolleyes:

The overthinking continues.

There were multiple games of 2017 film on Foles going into SB52, also.

Let's look at Matt Patricia on the Lions. He beats Brady (a well known QB with tons of tape), he beat Rodgers (a well known QB with tons of tape). I'm not going to hold road losses to divisional rivals against them. And the Seahawks and Cowboys have the talent that made them up and down enough that I can sort of understand those

The 3 big losses that were massive head scratchers for the Lions were

Week 1: Jets
Week 2. 49'ers
Week 12: Bears (minus Trubisky)

What do these have in common? The Jets were starting their brand new QB who had very little tape on him, the 49'ers were starting Garoppolo who they just got last year and finally had a real off season to tailor his play to the system, and Daniels who hadn't played a significant snap in years.

Patricia's a smart guy and he does his homework. A lot of his defenses for us were tailored to playing against the strength's of the QB we played. When there is uncertainty (rookies QB, relatively new QB who just learned the system, and a vet who hadn't played in a while).... he lost games that people believed he should have won.

Why do I say this... Because Foles was a mid season replacement for Wentz who significantly upped his game in the playoffs and was a lot harder to prepare for. You couldn't use the tape of him sucking when he first came out in 2017 because he wasn't playing at that level anymore. All we had to go off of was two games in the playoffs. Hence our defense had no answers for Foles and he looked comfortable all game.
Not really.

Let it go.

Christ

I would feel a lot of regret if the Patriots hadn’t already won FIVE which was the ultimate number. Hence. there’s now no loss that really bothers me since they ultimately achieved the goal. SB42 was the worst loss but even that one stings so much less after SB51.

I would feel a lot of regret if the Patriots hadn’t already won FIVE which was the ultimate number. Hence. there’s now no loss that really bothers me since they ultimately achieved the goal. SB42 was the worst loss but even that one stings so much less after SB51.

7 is the ultimate number for me (would be most ever) but 6 would do it for me.

We could have been better in the red area, everyone always talks about Brady throwing for over 500 yards but he only threw 3TDs and we had 1 rushing TD so it's not like we were rushing it in for the score instead of throwing, there's been qbs that have throw for 200-300 yards and thrown more TD passes.

The punter never saw the field. You can't expect more from your offense. That was a defensive meltdown.

To me it was the putrid defense and also a rough start for the offense in the first quarter.

Key Sequence
Ghost misses a field goal, the defense forces a punt then Brady drops "the pass" which would have been an easy first down. Next play is a low percentage throw to Gronk and a turnover on downs. So instead of 6 points (minimum) they get none. Momentum changes and the next drive Philly gets a TD and the Patriots are chasing them all game.

Eagles vs. Patriots - Play-By-Play - February 4, 2018 - ESPN

The punter never saw the field. You can't expect more from your offense. That was a defensive meltdown.

Yea but would of been nice to have more TDs out those nice drives where Brady was just throwing dimes but not into the end zone obviously he did on occasion but wish more would of resulted in a touchdown.

They took Chris Long and LeGarrette Blount and gave us Eric Rowe in return.

Pats D strategy (shhhhh............don't tell anyone)

Click your heals together and say it with me....

Bend n Break and Hope for Mistakes

or

Hope opposing offenses get too tired from scoring and celebrating

or

Hope for Atlanta Shrinkage

or

Hope the opposing head coach doesn't hand off to a Beast on 4th and goal from the one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back