PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia likely to take Lions or Giants HC job (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't he on some fat loss show and weighed 400lbs?
Yeah he did good on it. Damien woody was in it to and I think he managed to actually gain weight.

I have had that thought for a while that it would be a good ideas if Steven goes off and does a few years with someone else in order to broaden his experience before he comes back as a coordinator sometime in the future.

He's coaches S's now, so let him go off and be someone's LB coach for a while, and later a DL coach. That when he'll be ready to come back
Why mix his brain up learning from lesser minds?
He only has so many years to watch the master, it would be a shame to waste any of them.

Yeah he did good on it. Damien woody was in it to and I think he managed to actually gain weight.
There was another one too....Played for the Eagles back in the 90s. OT....

Why mix his brain up learning from lesser minds?
He only has so many years to watch the master, it would be a shame to waste any of them.
One of Bill's special qualities is that he understands in football, there isn't just ONE way to do it right. If it means coaching in a different organization to learn this it will be worth the time. It certainly didn't hurt the father.

One of Bill's special qualities is that he understands in football, there isn't just ONE way to do it right. If it means coaching in a different organization to learn this it will be worth the time. It certainly didn't hurt the father.
He also understands there are wrong ways and that he is the most knowledgeable coach in the nfl.
I seriously doutbt that if he is going to coach x more years he thinks his son spending any less than x would be better for his development .

OFF-TOPIC ...

The SEAHAWKS fired OC Bevell last night.

(It's beginning to feel like we need a separate thread to keep up with all the changes.)

Patricia in the running for Giants Job?? Wouldn't want that for my Rookie HC gig...big lights big city. Mike Vrabel's name being mentioned for a HC gig is almost comical...what has he done to get consideration??:confused: Seems like most NFL Teams are desperate in HC department. The BB HC Tree haven't proven successful on the NFL level yet.

Said it in another thread but Patricia actually not landing with Bob Quinn in Detroit would be shocking to me. Wonder if those Giants news are just a plant to leverage himself a better contract..

Wonder if BB would consider him for McD's job ( pending he leaves)?

The next Patriot DC is going inherit a petty good up and coming Defense plus the Draft. Pats need some youth at the Safety position behind Chung and McCourty going forward. All signs point up with injured players coming back.

i would hate to see patricia go to the giants...i can’t root for him to succeed in that organization.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
Wonder if BB would consider him for McD's job ( pending he leaves)?

How often do people need to say that there won't be any external hires but promotions for within for leaving coordinators ?

Patricia to Giants, BB to Colts, and McDaniels becomes out HC and brings back Tebow. Wouldn't that be something.

Patricia to Giants, BB to Colts, and McDaniels becomes out HC and brings back Tebow. Wouldn't that be something.

Patricia to Giants, great, but the rest...

images

The next Patriot DC is going inherit a petty good up and coming Defense plus the Draft. Pats need some youth at the Safety position behind Chung and McCourty going forward. All signs point up with injured players coming back.

True.

Last edited:
i would hate to see patricia go to the giants...i can’t root for him to succeed in that organization.
Why?

A defense-first team, a history of stable ownership, a commitment to spending what it takes, loyal fan base, good draft capital.

The main downside is dealing with the inevitable exit of Eli and high media attention, relative to Detroit anyway.

I dislike their fans, in general, since they are so anti-Patriot, gloat so much over their 2 miracle runs, and are mostly Yankees fans too.

Still, it is a way better gig than Detriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents