PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett signs with Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
jla_cartoon13.gif

Thanks for the memories!

Unlikely Marty will play another SB.

He also lives in Chicago. Hope he got paid. less than 7 per and he looks silly
Agreed. I liked him when he was here. But I don't quite get all the bouquets and kisses folks here are giving him if it's true he was offered $7 million to stay, said he loved New England, then turned his back.

I eagerly await the ****storm on here the first time Bennett says or insinuates that Rodgers is better than Brady.

I eagerly await the ****storm on here the first time Bennett says or insinuates that Rodgers is better than Brady.

Sadly, this was my first thought.

I was thinking Marty was going to go off to Oakland.

From one HOF QB to another. Good for marty.

Pretty surprised he went to Green Bay. He has a lot of interests off the field that would have led me to believe he would have wanted a bigger market (like the Bay Area or something similar).
I am guessing they must have paid the most.
Good luck MB, couldn't have won the SB without you.

Well he played in that division when he was in Chicago and he is going to be playing with another good QB that is gonna get him the ball. GB has a well balanced offense, it's their defense that has been a problem.

Agreed. I liked him when he was here. But I don't quite get all the bouquets and kisses folks here are giving him if it's true he was offered $7 million to stay, said he loved New England, then turned his back.

I have to wonder why Marty didn't stick around. Maybe the AFC was too rough for him.

Wow. Didn't the Pats offer him $7M per year? Maybe that was for 2 and he wanted 3 years?

edit: numbers were off from 1st source (they claimed $6.15 per year). Rappaport says $7m now.

Last edited:

Bingo. What an a-hole. Can't wait for the stories to come out about him again.

I thought we offered Bennett a $7m per year extension in Dec and he said no.

Now he signed for 3yr $18.4. So little over $6m. We're paying $5m/yr for 2 years for Dwayne Allen plus loss of some draft capital? I'd rather have had Bennett for $6m. Why didn't we do this deal?

Now he signed for 3yr $18.4. So little over $6m. We're paying $5m/yr for 2 years for Dwayne Allen plus loss of some draft capital? I'd rather have had Bennett for $6m. Why didn't we do this deal?

Seems like once he balked pays moved onto plan b instead of waiting. Same happened with amendola/welker.

But kind of upsetting to think we couldve had him back. Once again belichick has the market for his guys right on

Simple, he overvalued himself. Did you see him after the Super Bowl? Before the confetti had settled he already was crowing about cashing in as a free agent. He learned pretty quick that he wasn't worth what he thought and took the Packers' offer. BB didn't care to wait and grabbed someone else. I'll bet Bennet's kicking himself for not taking the Pats' offer.

I have lost respect for him. I hope that no pats fan buy stuff from him.

Wow, surprising. Thought he'd get more than that.

Probably should've taken Bill's offer.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes