PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett signs with Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty surprised he went to Green Bay. He has a lot of interests off the field that would have led me to believe he would have wanted a bigger market (like the Bay Area or something similar).
I am guessing they must have paid the most.
Good luck MB, couldn't have won the SB without you.
Yep, I was thinking the same.
How much art stuff up there in cheese land?
Maybe he's gonna sculpt a Lombardi outta cheese.

Interesting signing. Clearly Marty must have taken less than than Jared Cook wanted so it will be interesting to see what the numbers are. It looks like a GREAT signing for them. He's better than Cook both as a receiver and blocker. I'm guessing Marty liked winning more than he was showing.

Personally I would have thought he'd end up with the Giants. Maybe they don't have any more to spend. At any rate Marty should put up some great numbers this season, being Rodgers #1 TE target all season.

Maybe we'll see him again, but this time on the other side in superbowl 52

Love him I bet he would of took our deal now.
Cept there he will be his own Batman
Congrats to him

Interesting signing. Clearly Marty must have taken less than than Jared Cook wanted so it will be interesting to see what the numbers are. It looks like a GREAT signing for them. He's better than Cook both as a receiver and blocker. I'm guessing Marty liked winning more than he was showing.

Personally I would have thought he'd end up with the Giants. Maybe they don't have any more to spend. At any rate Marty should put up some great numbers this season, being Rodgers #1 TE target all season.

Maybe we'll see him again, but this time on the other side in superbowl 52
As long he drops the pass in the end zone again. I couldn't handle Brady losing to Rodgers ;).

Outstanding pickup, Green Bay.

Regards,
Chris

Aww damn. Really Marty?

I suppose it makes sense for everyone concerned.

Going to be tough to watch him in that uniform.

The selfish side of me is angry because one of the best teams in the league got a huge piece on offense. The human side says thanks for the memories, well done and good luck in GB

Came out of nowhere..just like the Pats trades. He will do great there....and playing CHI twice a year...Bears fans must be losing it

Congrats for him, it's very hard to feel any animosity towards him, the one year deal worked well for him and the Patriots.

Pretty surprised he went to Green Bay. He has a lot of interests off the field that would have led me to believe he would have wanted a bigger market (like the Bay Area or something similar).
I am guessing they must have paid the most.
Good luck MB, couldn't have won the SB without you.

Yea, I figure it has to be quite a large contract (at least $9m per year) since there is next to zero market in Green Bay for "his brand" (which I honestly don't believe would thrive regardless of where he went). Unless he went to the Bay Area/Oakland and invested in tech start-ups & whatnot.

money is greener in gb for mb

Sad to see him go, we all knew he was gone but this makes it hit home. It's a shame we couldn't get a full season of Gronk and Bennett healthy together, losing Gronk and then 1/2 healthy Bennett robbed us of seeing that. I like Marty a lot and it hurts to see him go, but thanks to him, he helped us win another championship. I wish him luck, except if he plays against the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes