PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in they weren’t the reason they lost. The false starts were bad, but the holding was kinda bs. If receivers hadn’t dropped some many balls, the line had played well enough to win that game. Brady had time to throw.
Not sure about that. The penalties were killers.

Eric Smith is not the answer

Perhaps I am open to the rebuild. Working towards a first round bye is great. So many franchises would be thrilled. This particular team, with lots of decorated players/coaches are not playing for fourth. Nor should they.

Do you believe this core has the makings of a champ ? I’m open to the possibility, but it is improbable. Is there enough here to be the 2019 champs ? Again, maybe. I trust BB has an idea of yes/no. If the answer is no - then changes are necessary.
Who says they are playing for 4th?

It’s certainly not time to get rid of good players to give up now and play for later. Brady only has a few years left.

We are the f-Ed up Miami play and a couple of drops away from being 11-3 and in position for HFA. We have beaten KC, Houston, Indy, Chicago, minn.
of course this is a team that can win a championship.

Except Brady is not getting hit very much. He is on route to the third least amount of sacks in his career. Only 2016 and 2009 were better. He is in the top 3 of least sacked players. QB hits are also not a concern.

If you think the OL is a real issue relative to the rest of the league then your eye test must suck. It is an elite unit relative to the rest of the league in 2018 especially in pass-pro.

That's all I want (applied to everybody/thing).

I'm not wicked smaht and certainly, we're in the forlorn wilderness now of sometimes losing 2 straight games etc.

I just figure, show me who's better for the money, who's got a better scheme given similar players etc., and to be really smaht about it, we should put number on 'em all.

We got Brady. I hope nobody is thinking "ho hum seems to be top 5, why isn't he top 1?" Then like everybody, we spend where we spend. We make our personnel plans. We deal w/our cap battles/juggling. And more than anybody else (long term) we win.

This might not be our year. Depends if we're hot in Jan., does not look good.

Just give me comparisons to somebody else, somebody real life, not a dimensionless ideal. I'm with you there.

Who says they are playing for 4th?

It’s certainly not time to get rid of good players to give up now and play for later. Brady only has a few years left.

We are the f-Ed up Miami play and a couple of drops away from being 11-3 and in position for HFA. We have beaten KC, Houston, Indy, Chicago, minn.
of course this is a team that can win a championship.
Never said they can’t. In fact, I stated in several posts exactly the opposite. They CAN. I just wonder if they will. I also wonder if 2019 will be a rebuild. And if it IS a rebuild, I won’t be shocked.

If I compare this team to 2014, for instance. Or 2016. Those teams looked great the second half of the season. Guys were making big plays. Felt like someone would step up. This squad ? I’d feel good about Gilmore... Brady... So I just wonder if the core has enough guys that’ll step up when needed.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but...if Cannon didn't become lazy with his technique and commit that stupid feckin holding penalty on 1st/goal from the 5 (should've been spotted closer to the 4 btw) during the 4th quarter, then it is very Very likely that we win the game, despite all of the other crap that went against us. Damn shame that one man's feck-up can cost a team a victory.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but...if Cannon didn't become lazy with his technique and commit that stupid feckin holding penalty on 1st/goal from the 5 (should've been spotted closer to the 4 btw) during the 4th quarter, then it is very Very likely that we win the game, despite all of the other crap that went against us. Damn shame that one man's feck-up can cost a team a victory.

His technique wasn’t lazy. He didn’t have time for technique. He just got beat on a good swim move.

His technique wasn’t lazy. He didn’t have time for technique. He just got beat on a good swim move.
You might be thinking of Shaq Mason's holding penalty on 2nd/5 from Sh!tsdirt's 11 during the final series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST