PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcel Dareus on how to get to Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
“You can hit Brady,” defensive tackle Marcell Dareus said “But hitting him is not what’s gonna get to him. It’s constantly being a gnat in his face. He hates that gnat, always around his feet, or someone in his face. Sacking him is not what gets to him. You sack him, he’s gonna get up and keep rolling. It’s that competitive spirit. ‘OK, you got me, now I’m going to throw this touchdown, 40 yards. You happy about that sack now?’ That’s just his mentality. I love playing against that guy.”

Link
Jags continue to fire barbs at Steelers, but tone softens when Patriots – ‘the dads of the NFL’ – mentioned

“You can hit Brady,” defensive tackle Marcell Dareus said “But hitting him is not what’s gonna get to him. It’s constantly being a gnat in his face. He hates that gnat, always around his feet, or someone in his face. Sacking him is not what gets to him. You sack him, he’s gonna get up and keep rolling. It’s that competitive spirit. ‘OK, you got me, now I’m going to throw this touchdown, 40 yards. You happy about that sack now?’ That’s just his mentality. I love playing against that guy.”

Link
Jags continue to fire barbs at Steelers, but tone softens when Patriots – ‘the dads of the NFL’ – mentioned

So much better than the "THE KEY TA BEATIND DUH PATREEOTS IS TA PRESSUREN SACK TAWM BREADY" crap. You know, cause every other QB in the league does just fine when he's being pummeled. It's only kryptonite for Brady...

What does Dareus know about beating Tom Brady?

That underachieving bum looked like a backup every time we played him despite looking like an All Pro vs. other teams.

Link

Wow, take him off the Bills, and he suddenly gets it.

Everybody's an expert on Brady...yet Dungy has him as "sixth best" on HIS list....and Rob Pecker says he should have retired five years ago.It's BDS...Brady Derangement Syndrome.

He is so right. Great snippet by Dareus. People talk about sacking Brady, but it accomplishes very little if they are just isolated plays...it's the constant ability to disrupt. Brady's pocket movement and quick decision making are the what makes that task so difficult to do on a consistent play-by-play basis.

Wow, this is some real high level ****. Does this mean he won’t actually sack Brady, he’ll just dive at his feet or wave his hands in his face because it’s more effective?

What does Dareus know about beating Tom Brady?

That underachieving bum looked like a backup every time we played him despite looking like an All Pro vs. other teams.
Maybe he hasn't beaten Brady much, but what he said is actually true (for the most part anyway). Many others have said the same thing, in fact. But only a few teams have ever had the personnel to consistently frustrate him - BAL, NYG, DEN (in Denver for some reason) - immediately come to mind. But you're right, it's never really been Dareus or any of the teams he's been on to this point. OH, and he is so much of an underachieving bum just like you stated.

Sacks, in general, are an overrated stat on their own anyway. They are indicative of good pressure, but for the most part have the same result as a negative run play (which doesn't get nearly the attention, because you know, STYLE). Sacks get a lot of play (giggity) in the sports talk world because they're the only quantifiable number that's in the general area of pass rush that isn't based on a subjective interpretation of the word "pressure".

Honestly, if the Pats play the short passing game like they did against the Titans, the pass rush won't be an issue. Death by 1000 strokes.

Did you not comprehend that quote? He's basically just complimenting Brady.
Hes complimented TB12 in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes