PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man in the Arena Discussion

It’s cliche as hell at this point but that opening drive by the Giants which killed like 12 minutes of clock was when you knew this was not going to go well.

In this episode, did Brady admit that pissing off the Giants prior to the game with his "we're only going to score 17 points? Hehehehe, is Plax going to play defense" line was a mistake?
I remember when I heard Brady say that, and thought, "Wow... that's some arrogant smack talk. Hope that doesn't come back to bite them."

Which...

5x8d0c.gif

...it did.

This is Patriots Team history and it’s freaking creepily Stalinistic to damn it out of sight because you have a hard on hatred for one player now. Brady isn’t the only player and coach featured and interviewed in these episodes for gods sakes.
I really don't understand what the problem some of you have with Tom Brady.

Look, he was the GOAT when he played for you and y'all won a lot, embrace the fact that you had him and he played his heart out for you fans year after year. He made a business decision to move on. It doesn't mean you have to love it or even hate it, it's just business. He is doing really good in TB, good for him. There are some of you here that are pulling for Cam Newton to do good and he didn't do anything for the Patriots! Brady did everything for the Patriots.

And another thing, pulling for Mac to do good doesn't mean you don't appreciate what Brady did or mean that you have turned your back on Brady. Move on with Mac, look back on those glorious years with Brady and be happy. It doesn't have to be one or the other!

Me neither.

All this self-produced Brady content is a turn off. It's like he's building a shrine to himself. I understand he is capitalizing on his brand while he still can but enough already.
It is not solely focused or maybe even mostly focused on Brady. Man in the Arena refers to the most important players.

Here's something you might hate even more than a series of specials focused on Brady. At least half of the latest episode focused on Michael Strahan!

The first episode focused on Drew Bledsoe.

It is a series about the people in the most crucial situations of the last 20 years of the Patriots.

We all know the Patriots took the Giants lightly, and some Patriots even said they were burned out by the undefeated season.

Randy Moss said it best in the last episode, "Going undefeated was so incredibly exhausting."

I will never forgive John Tomase, Asante Samuel and Pierre Woods. Especially Tomase.

We all know the Patriots took the Giants lightly, and some Patriots even said they were burned out by the undefeated season.

Randy Moss said it best in the last episode, "Going undefeated was so incredibly exhausting."

I will never forgive John Tomase, Asante Samuel and Pierre Woods. Especially Tomase.

What did Pierre Woods do? He had the ball and Ahmad Bradshaw grabbed his $$$$ in the pile up...that's when he lost the ball. Can't fault him for that. But it just shows the Giants wanted the game more.

I remember when I heard Brady say that, and thought, "Wow... that's some arrogant smack talk. Hope that doesn't come back to bite them."

Which...

5x8d0c.gif

...it did.
I didn’t like hearing it but I don’t think he meant anything disrespectful by it. He did say at the same time they should be confident for this game they’re a really good defense.

The first lost to the Giants is like Ac Milan vs Liverpool in Istanbul. That Milan team was stacked. The Asante miscatch was like Dudek’s point blank save on Shevchenko. I wish the wind blew just a bit stronger on that last bomb to Moss. Moss had to slow down. It would’ve been THE ICONIC play ever. Would’ve been called Da Bomb.

I dunno if I'm unique in this or not, but honestly I don't really care that much about Brady anymore. Like I'll always love him for what he did for this franchise and think he's the GOAT and all that, but he's gone and Mac has helped me move on. I haven't watched any of this and probably won't. Especially the episode about the game that shall not be named.

I'm with you. Don't have strong feelings about it at this point, other than warm and fuzzies for those years. Now, he's just a cultural icon that represents a lot of things we could use less of, so he's pretty blah to me.

Man Bruins fans still worship at the altar of Or and Celtics fans at the altar of Bird but Pats fans are just done with Brady who was far more important than either of them.

The first lost to the Giants is like Ac Milan vs Liverpool in Istanbul. That Milan team was stacked. The Asante miscatch was like Dudek’s point blank save on Shevchenko. I wish the wind blew just a bit stronger on that last bomb to Moss. Moss had to slow down. It would’ve been THE ICONIC play ever. Would’ve been called Da Bomb.

The greatest thing is that it would have been a perfect way to end a perfect season. Brady-to-Moss for a 50-yard TD was the "narrative" of that season to some extend. Would have been the perfect way to cap it off.

That would be called the greatest catch in SB history, not the ****ing Tyree nonsense. That would have become a footnote.

I really don't understand what the problem some of you have with Tom Brady.

At this point, I think there are far more posts like this than there are people who actually "have a problem with" Brady. I haven't seen many posts at all that are critical of Brady. Lots of "I'm done with him" but that doesn't equate to having a problem with him.

I didn’t like hearing it but I don’t think he meant anything disrespectful by it. He did say at the same time they should be confident for this game they’re a really good defense.

Please, this is the same guy who called Jimmy G a motherFer over the summer. That's the real TB12. Belichick put a muzzle on him in NE, but his personality is shining through in Tampa.

Last edited:
Except you haven't moved on...you are rooting for the Bucs. And you and SB1 whine from time to time, like in the Buffalo GDT last week, about how Bill should have kept Brady. That's not moving on...
You shouldn’t throw stones if you live in a glass house, Mortimer Porksley.

You shouldn’t throw stones if you live in a glass house, Mortimer Porksley.

Thanks, baldy. How come you haven't posted Belichick's record without Brady in the post-game threads like you used to? What happened?

At this point, I think there are far more posts like this than there are people who actually "have a problem with" Brady. I haven't seen many posts at all that are critical of Brady. Lots of "I'm done with him" but that doesn't equate to having a problem with him.

You must not go into the Brady forum then where a bunch of posters here have carte Blanche to just troll about Brady despite them claiming they wanted that forum so they wouldn’t have to notice it.

The greatest thing is that it would have been a perfect way to end a perfect season. Brady-to-Moss for a 50-yard TD was the "narrative" of that season to some extend. Would have been the perfect way to cap it off.

That would be called the greatest catch in SB history, not the ****ing Tyree nonsense. That would have become a footnote.
The greatest catch in SB history belongs to JE11 against the Falcons.

The greatest catch in SB history belongs to JE11 against the Falcons.

It does but unfortunately it is always behind the Helmet Catch in every list of Best Catches Ever or Greatest Super Bowl Moments.

Thanks, baldy. How come you haven't posted Belichick's record without Brady in the post-game threads like you used to? What happened?
Now 13 years of age, Mortimer Porksley, son of Biff and Bambi Porksley, was beginning to come of age. Ever aware of his own circumstances, he has begun to worry incessantly on a day-to-day basis. One early morning, he descended down the stairs from his suite and into his mother’s room.

“Mother?”
“Yes, what is it, Mortimer?”
“I don’t want to go to school today,” Mortimer replied with tears in his eyes.

Bambi Porksley quickly cleaned the dust off the mirror, put down her glass of Dom Perignon, and wiped the tears of her own eyes. She asked Mortimer, “What is it, my special, special boy?”

“The boys at school tease me for not being allowed to play football. They call me “
‘Pork,’ squeeze my breasts together, and threaten to make coitus with them after school,” Mortimer said.
“Oh, dear,” replied Bambi.
“Mother dearest, may I please play football?”
“Now Mortimer, you know how I feel about that dreadful, BRUTISH, sport. Further, you just simply are not athletic. Your father and I did not send you to the Chestershire Auxillary Academy for sports! You are to raise your grades from a C- so you can attend the University of Virginia,” said Bambi with authority.
“Please, mother! I don’t know how much more of this I can take,” yelled Mortimer, tears beginning to run down his ample cheeks.

Bambi, beginning to see through the haze of the pain killers she snorted combined with her 6th glass of champagne before 9:00 AM could clearly tell that her hefty son was in distress. She called for his father, Biff.

“Oh Biff!” called Bambi.
“Yes, my liege?,” replied Biff.
“Do make haste and come to my room, please,” Bambi said.

As Biff arrived to Bambi’s room (they did not share the master suite, and had not made love in several years), Bambi began to tell Biff what Mortimer had shared with her.

“Well, I will not have a son of mine playing sports,” Biff growled. “If he is being bullied, I shall write the headmaster at Chestershire and inform him that thugs are tormenting Mortimer! That shall put an end to this foolishness.”

Unfortunately, that letter from Biff never arrived in time. When Mortimer arrived at school that day, the bullies, led by Lionel Drake, forced Mortimer into the bathroom, quickly overpowered him, and performed various sexual acts on him before dunking his head into an unflushed toilet. Mortimer would never tell anyone that he secretly enjoyed the acts, and closed his eyes to picture his tormentors as the head coach of the New England Patriots - William Belichick.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back