PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Man in the Arena Discussion

Career-wise, Marc Wilson and Babe Parilli won SB's as backups

But, the simple reality is Plunkett was elite and deserves the HOF.

He played well for some poor Patriots and 49ers teams, and the list of other QB's of that era who would have led the Raiders to those two titles is maybe two or three.
In no reality was Jim Plunkett an elite QB.

In no reality was Jim Plunkett an elite QB.
Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan. Winning the Heisman and a major bowl game doesn't guarantee anything. But I did consider Plunkett and Flutie championship caliber quarterbacks for many years, before they won eight league titles between them.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan. Winning the Heisman and a major bowl game doesn't guarantee anything. But I did consider Plunkett and Flutie championship caliber quarterbacks for many years, before they won eight titles between them.
Plunkett was a championship x2 QB. I remember him vs Philly and vs WASH. He was borderline masterclass in those games. He did what needed to be done.

But in terms of a career, he was good, not great. Same as Dougie.

Plunkett was a championship x2 QB. I remember him vs Philly and vs WASH. He was borderline masterclass in those games. He did what needed to be done.

But in terms of a career, he was good, not great. Same as Dougie.
Yeah guys like Stabler and Young racked up great stats with very good teams.

Never in a million years would I take either of them over those two in a game I wanted to win.

I will forever be a Brady fan, but NE is my team. He moved on, and its ok. Just have a lot of appreciation for all of those great moments and looking forward to what the future brings...#ForeverNE

Maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan. Winning the Heisman and a major bowl game doesn't guarantee anything. But I did consider Plunkett and Flutie championship caliber quarterbacks for many years, before they won eight titles between them.
They won 2 between them.

Just watched the 2017 season episode. Gronk keeps saying eerie and how he hated playing that year but they never have hime elaborate. One would assume we already know the answer as to why he felt that way but they really had him hammering it home without backing it up so I don't know really know what he even added to the episode. Also the way Alex Guerrero talks like he is part of the organization makes me despise him even more. Everything about that guy seems phony and and slimy.

I just watched the ninth one. It was better than I thought. One of the things my son and I both feel is that Tom waxes poetically about the first three wins. It peaks with the Atlanta game, emotionally. The tone changes with the Philly loss. He's clearly less than enthralled about being here. The Rams game even then, he's got an attitude that I can only describe as tired. He opens the episode with how fekkin' jaded he is. I think there's more to this 10th episode reflection that is coming. I think he's done, and that's how he's going to tell everyone. He's going to be able to 100% control the message and not have everyone in his face. It allows him a level of comfort around his people and and he can can trust Chopra to deliver it the way he wants to deliver it. that's my take, anyway. I think he's going to retire, win or lose.

Just started, man I miss those 2001-2004 teams. What a ride it was. I also think he retires during the last episode.

Just started, man I miss those 2001-2004 teams. What a ride it was. I also think he retires during the last episode.
You don't think his decision hinges on what happens this year? I think if he wins he's done though I could make the argument he wants to be the first to three peat.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back