PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malicious Ad

juxtapoz15

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was scrolling through today and was redirected to a blank page with a popup that had one of those generic, "Your computer appears to be infected with spyware" popups. It gives you an option to either hit OK or Cancel. I know in the past that if you click either you will get some nasty programs loaded onto your PC. I immediately ended the task for Internet Explorer to force the popup to close.

Also, I've been trying to renew my subsciption via PayPal and it keeps sending me an email message that my payment has failed. I ended up adding a new credit card as the payment source for the subscription but I haven't seen any payments in my account history. Can you please look into this as well?

Last edited:
So, I went back to my PayPal account and it looks like the subscription will try to renew again today. I'll let you know if that is successfull or not.

It looks like even though I added a different credit card that my renewal has been refused.

Hello Mike,

Your subscription to PatsFans.com Donation Subscription has been cancelled because your credit card was refused.

You will not be billed for this subscription again.

-----------------------------------
Cancellation Details

Cancellation Date: Feb 11, 2011
Subscription Name: PatsFans.com Donation Subscription Subscription Number: S-62M44813M7962022F Item Number: c533246dbeb89ab25c7733897bcbf487

Contact Information

If you have any questions about this subscription, please contact I&K Internet Design Enterprises LLC.

Business Name: I&K Internet Design Enterprises LLC Contact Email: [email protected] Contact Phone:

Sincerely,
PayPal

Hi Mike,

Did you happen to catch what ad spot it was that you moused over? That will at least help me narrow down who to contact to review it. So try and let me know there. That's not cool - so I want to make sure that doesn't happen again :mad:

As for the payment thing, that's odd, but don't worry about it. I don't have access to any of the payment stuff (it's all private in PayPal) so I'm not sure what the issue was. You can just create a new one by going to:

PatsFans.com - Donate and Support PatsFans.com

Just login to whatever account you have and try and process it that way when you're prompted. If you run into any issues PM me and let me know.

Ian

It looks like even though I added a different credit card that my renewal has been refused.

Hello Mike,

Your subscription to PatsFans.com Donation Subscription has been cancelled because your credit card was refused.

You will not be billed for this subscription again.

Cancellation Details

Cancellation Date: Feb 11, 2011
Subscription Name: PatsFans.com Donation Subscription Subscription Number: S-62M44813M7962022F Item Number: c533246dbeb89ab25c7733897bcbf487

Contact Information

If you have any questions about this subscription, please contact I&K Internet Design Enterprises LLC.

Business Name: I&K Internet Design Enterprises LLC Contact Email: [email protected] Contact Phone:

Sincerely,
PayPal

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes