PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Perreira on the Clement "TD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say on both, absolutely.

People have an incredible hatred of the Patriots.

The Steelers were tweeting the Ertz TD everywhere.

If they had given the Patriots a TD on that, there would have been an absolute uproar.

I swear, a lot of the people coming at me here, all live inside the NE bubble. For those of us who actualy have friends who aren't Pats fans, etc, we get a real good look towards these people's bizarre mental states. You can be working alongside someone you like and respect, and then they'll show they believe Goodlel, and it's just stunning that they haven't figured it out yet.

Some Pats fans have no idea just how hated the Pats are. It's honestly one of the strangest phenomenons ever.

I hate the Yanks, Canadiens, Jets, Lakers, etc, etc, but I don't expect owners to collude with the commissioners of those sports to try to help my team, nor do I live in denial with how great some of those teams were (minus the lowly Jets).

PS Even my Jets buddy (former season ticket holder) admitted the Clement TD was not a TD.

Last edited:

If they had given the Patriots a TD on that, there would have been an absolute uproar.

Steelers fans are notoriously dumb neanderthals with the towels and tough guy garbage they like to project.

Ertz's was a TD with 2 steps as a football move. James's was a situation where was dumb, fell down, didn't corral it into his sotmach and roll into the end zone. I honestly think the reason why the ball spun, is because he was giddy to get right up an do some stupid, orchestrated TD dance.

Pitt fans don't realize that being a smart team is a Pats thing and they refuse to try implement drafting smart players. They're dumb. Baltimore is dumb, too. They think black uniforms, acting thuggie and running their mouths, means something.

Ok. I agree that there would have been an uproar. I was wrong about that.

The problem is that the Davidson TD and the Ertz TD are different. One took three steps and became a runner and the other didn't take any steps and fell to the ground. The runner doesn't need to survive the ground while the receiver does. I know you know that already. But just like everything else in this world a lack of understanding never stopped someone from giving their butthurt hawtake opinion.

6 men on the line of scrimmage confused him, no?

All I can say is that if Butler understood the Seattle Pickplay from practice then there is a very good chance Lee would have disrupted the Foles TD if he had any snaps in practice against it.

Because once you see it once it is as easy to read by what happens at the snap as the Brady/Edelman double pass.

By the way, about Pereira, there was something really wrong about that guy this year. He had an agenda. I listened to him do his thing and he seemed peeved at the NFL.

First of all, I am not making an excuse. We lost and we got great calls this year so you won't see me saying what I will below anywhere else, because it seems like sour grapes.

HOWEVER...

The NFL's rulings on catches for the Pats during the regular season were correct.

Everyone hated them. This paired with the fact that everyone complained about the lack of penalties the Pats received in the AFC playoff games makes me 100% convinced that the NFL made sure NOT to overturn any controversial TD in the SB that would go the Pats way.

I'm not saying it was "fixed", but it was certainly influenced in the way home court game 7s are in the NBA. I fully believe there was no way they were going to make any reversals that helped the Pats.

The NFL did not want to deal with the narrative that the Pats get all the calls (which was getting overwhelming in the media) and then have the Pats win the SB as a result of a TD (or non-TD) getting called the other way in our favor.

Again, not saying this is -why- we lost, the defense was a ****ing joke, but I still truly believe the NFL did not want to overturn any close TD, even if by their current rules, they knew they should have.

I agree that there was no way the NFL was going to fuel the 'Pats get all the calls' hysteria.

I'm not outraged, though, because I think the right calls were made in the SB and the wrong calls were made in the regular season. The James TD by Pittsburgh should not have been overturned if you're talking what I would consider to be the spirit of football.

The rules need changing to reflect what the spirit of the game should be about and to make for a better viewing experience. Collinsworth's inability to know if the Ertz's catch should be kept a catch is a good example of that, I think.

I don't want to win based on technicalities. I still don't think we deserved the overturned call in the Tuck Rule game, for instance. Not if we're talking about what really should and should be an incomplete pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back