PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Perreira on the Clement "TD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Worked out", or would ticky tack calls in a Super Bowl, after Brady's 4 game suspension when Goodell was caught cheating in a federal court,have looked too obvious?

Hmmm.

The NFL is an incredibly sophisticated, nuanced, and discrete organization in your imagination. Over here in the real world it is a bumbling mess that couldn’t fix its way out of a paper bag. But to each his own

I will quote one of my daughter's favorite songs "Let it go"

There will always be posts and threads that embarrass and call into question a person’s dignity. Asking people to check their intelligence and/or emotion at the door ain’t easy for any fan base. That you can contain yourself should be enough for you to claim victory ...the rest of us be damned.

I am sorry, but when our team goes into a SB, and we hear about "cheating this" and t"cheating that", and all this ridiculousness that Goodell has started and enabled/encouraged, THAT is your problem; not Pats fans pointing out the fact his henchmen in pinstripes all of a sudden forgot the catch rule.

If you look at the Sound F/X clips, BB is talking to one of the refs and BB is correct in saying "he only got one foot down", knowing Clement re-corraled the ball.

The ref acts like that didn't happen. What does that tell you? That tells me a conference call or in-person meeting was had before the game, as I am sure it is before every game, where the rule was going to be 'adjusted' per these cheating owners' requests.

But, I can guarantee you, if that was James White in that end zone, the call would have been over-turned.

I am sorry, but when our team goes into a SB, and we hear about "cheating this" and t"cheating that", and all this ridiculousness that Goodell has started and enabled/encouraged, THAT is your problem; not Pats fans pointing out the fact his henchmen in pinstripes all of a sudden forgot the catch rule.

If you look at the Sound F/X clips, BB is talking to one of the refs and BB is correct in saying "he only got one foot down", knowing Clement re-corraled the ball.

The ref acts like that didn't happen. What does that tell you? That tells me a conference call or in-person meeting was had before the game, as I am sure it is before every game, where the rule was going to be 'adjusted' per these cheating owners' requests.

But, I can guarantee you, if that was James White in that end zone, the call would have been over-turned.
You have a serious case of reading comprehension.

The NFL is an incredibly sophisticated, nuanced, and discrete organization in your imagination. Over here in the real world it is a bumbling mess that couldn’t fix its way out of a paper bag. But to each his own

So, Spygate is real, Deflategate is real, and all these stories we hear are made up?

Wow.

You may want to do some research. What's sad is how obvious this all is, and this has nothing to do with Philly being the better team:

The institutionalized cheating from Park Ave, goes back years. All the money flows in and out of NY and NY controls the NFL. Anyone who just watched the Two Bills, can see the roots of this orchestrated cheating, sabotaged SB 31, SB 42 and SB 46. Parcells was distratced, the coaching staff and players were ticked off, and it was because the NFL wanted a high profile coahc in the NY market at the time. We all know how we were cheated in the other SBs, whether it be attempted distractions off of lies, or 1st rd picks completely missing from the field.

If you don't understand this, I cannot help you.

NE's success is awful for the league as a whole and their quest for international expansion.

It's why Kraft didn't fight Deflategate appropriately as yet another framejob by Goodell and Co. The is more money with the NFL brand than the Patriots brand.

How anyone can sit back and try to insult someone's intelligence over and over as an NFl customer, and think it won't catch up to them, I have no idea why people would think that works when running a business.

Laughable. Says someone who probably has the comprehension problem or is completely in over their head, with that swift backpedal of yours.

You’re the gift that keeps on giving.

Look in the mirror. You apparently have no idea that Goodell is a proven cheater, which is pee your pants funny at this point for Pats fan to not know this. You're either a child or need to sign up for night school.

lmao

You’re the gift that keeps on giving.

‘What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'

When it comes to the NFL, incompetence isn't just more prevalent than conspiracy, it's far more evident. Of course you'll never convince a conspiracy theorist of that, their identity & sense of self importance is tied up in it . When they 'uncover' a conspiracy it's because they were clever enough to ferret it out. That the bulk of us see a reactionary and incompetent league office that lurches from crisis to crisis suffering self inflicted wounds only increases the conspiracy theorists sense of superiority, they didn't get hoodwinked like the rest of us.

Has the league unjustly punished New England? Sure it has but what the conspiracy theorists won't see is it's the natural progression of an incompetently led league that can't acknowledge it's own shortcomings. The league simply can't accept the Pats win because they are the smartest hardest working kid in the class, therefore they must be cheating. The irony is the tin foil boys mimic what the league does, they work backwards from their presupposed conclusion and a s a result they invariably find exactly what they were looking for. Doubling down on a mistake isn't conspiracy, it's worse than that.

‘What’s the sense of wrestling with a pig? You both get all over muddy . . . and the pig likes it.'

When it comes to the NFL, incompetence isn't just more prevalent than conspiracy, it's far more evident. Of course you'll never convince a conspiracy theorist of that, their identity & sense of self importance is tied up in it . When they 'uncover' a conspiracy it's because they were clever enough to ferret it out. That the bulk of us see a reactionary and incompetent league office that lurches from crisis to crisis suffering self inflicted wounds only increases the conspiracy theorists sense of superiority, they didn't get hoodwinked like the rest of us.

Has the league unjustly punished New England? Sure it has but what the conspiracy theorists won't see is it's the natural progression of an incompetently led league that can't acknowledge it's own shortcomings. The league simply can't accept the Pats win because they are the smartest hardest working kid in the class, therefore they must be cheating. The irony is the tin foil boys mimic what the league does, they work backwards from their presupposed conclusion and a s a result they invariably find exactly what they were looking for. Doubling down on a mistake isn't conspiracy, it's worse than that.

How is greed, ego and power considered a "conspiracy"? How old are you, 12?

Our world is about money and when very rich people make a lot of it, they want to make more.

The Pats brand is all over the historical annals of the NFL at this point and the cap was created not only for FA, but to make sure no team ever forms a dynasty again.

The Jaguars would probably be in London by now if not for NE's sustained dominance, proving there really is no parity. Parity is the main selling feature for a London franchise to make sure it can compete with English League soccer, which it probably won't.

They're trying to open up new market$ for more eyeball$ on tv screen$. It's not my problem you or anyone else doesn't get this.

When you have a commissioner caught lying in courts over and over, constantly moving the goalposts, and now announcing he is every right to lie, cheat, steal, etc, to get the desired result he wants, it's not a conspiracy or a mirage.

Do you know why Goodell didn't suspend Ray Rice with his "Article 46" almost immediately in 2014?

I do. Do you?

"Worked out", or would ticky tack calls in a Super Bowl, after Brady's 4 game suspension when Goodell was caught cheating in a federal court,have looked too obvious?

Hmmm.

It doesnt get less ticky tacky than facemask penalties that take off the helmets of both involved players. Visible to everyone and blatant on replays..

But whatever fuels your conspiracy narrative..

That's the whole reason why they were fooled. Some of you have a hard time tipping the cap toward the opponent.

It was a play they'd never run, it was a 4th down, and it was gutty on their part. One of many gutty, aggressive calls that worked and helped them win. We're not used to seeing teams be so aggressive and no one would have stopped that play. Great play design.

It was a great play design. It could have been defended if Lee hadn't effectively given up on the play because he saw it was running the other way. That the play was designed to do so simply means the play took advantage of Lee. It doesn't excuse him. Would Lee just have let Zach Ertz squirt free if he had lined up at that tight end spot instead of Foles?

I mean, the Patriots had just run effectively the same play on the previous drive with only minor differences. Indeed, the Eagles' version telegraphed it more than the Patriots' version, they just had an easier throw to make since Foles only needed to walk three yards into the end zone and square to the pass rather than catch it on the run like dad-running Brady needed to.

Last edited:
Goondell is a robot like on southpark

And it is a conspiracy obviously

It was a great play design. It could have been defended if Lee hadn't effectively given up on the play because he saw it was running the other way. That the play was designed to do so simply means the play took advantage of Lee. It doesn't excuse him. Would Lee just have let Zach Ertz squirt free if he had lined up at that tight end spot instead of Foles?

I mean, the Patriots had just run effectively the same play on the previous drive with only minor differences. Indeed, the Eagles' version telegraphed it more than the Patriots' version, they just had an easier throw to make since Foles only needed to walk three yards into the end zone and square to the pass rather than catch it on the run like dad-running Brady needed to.

Ok? Did you ever play sports? Were you always 100% perfect? Blaming Eric Lee on a confusing play that no one has seen Philly run (Detroit ran that late in the year), is sort silly.

Philly had big balls to go for it on all 3 plays, and it worked. Not much else to say.

All it takes is a half second to freeze a D for that to work. Tip your cap and move on.

Too bad Brady dropped his.

The Clements TD was really the only egregiously bad call in the game. Sometimes it goes in our favor sometimes it doesn't. Oh well

It doesnt get less ticky tacky than facemask penalties that take off the helmets of both involved players. Visible to everyone and blatant on replays..

But whatever fuels your conspiracy narrative..

I don't think Goodell caught lying and cheating in a out of law is a conspiracy. I am pretty sure that really happened. I am pretty sure I've seen 3 federal judges call him a liar in their courts.

The fact that the average rube as an NFL fan has o idea what Goodell appealed on (Article 46) and what it means is also highly comical.

The guy all but admitted he can do whatever he wants, save for raping or murdering someone, because of Article 46. So, he admitted that he's a cheater.

This year he stole money from Zeke Elliott and cheated the Cowboys, helping Philly win a SB.

The downside of your #1 offense working practice against the second unit and vice versa. Not sure Lee after lined up in practice against that play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back