PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones blowing away Patriots coaches and teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't diminish Brady's anything... I demystify the QB position for ridiculous fans who think one player is the difference between one ring and six... this isn't basketball.

You need good QB play, you need players who perform in the clutch or any other time, that describes just about every player who contributed to that 2001 championship. Jermaine Wiggins and JR Redmond made clutch plays down the stretch in both the Raiders playoff game and the Super Bowl... so did Adam Vinatieri.

The Pats were always one of the best conditioned, best prepared teams in the NFL... this was true decades later when Malcolm Butler recognized a play in the Seattle Super Bowl because Ernie Adams had them prepared for it and Brandon Browner not only reminded him of it but jammed the other WR so Butler could make the play. TEAM

Mac Jones doesn't need super powers, he needs to do his job and check it down to the RB when that's all there is.
You did and you know you did because you felt compelled to attack Brady fan boys anticipating some objections. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't gone there. But free to inject your broken record super power and fan boy talking points coming totally out of thin air as often as you can.

You really suck at this, and that's why you have to move the goalposts, or build and slay strawmen, with almost every entry you make. Where did I say that there was an offensive tear? Where, given my comment that specifically noted "While it's certainly true that the Patriots of the early to mid 2000s was a team based upon defense and ball control" did I say that Brady had to carry those teams?

Bledsoe was 0-2 with the same 2001 team. The data is the data. The reality of the comebacks/GWD is the reality. The playoff run is legendary. Also, Brady started 2001 with 5 straight games without an interception, as his interception games came later.

And none of that is about anything but that 2001 season. It doesn't even get into Brady having 5 fourth quarter comebacks/game winning drives in 2003, for example. It doesn't get into Brady being in the top 10 in passer rating every year as a starter before his 2008 injury, or leading the league in passing TDs in 2002, and then going 10th/6th/3rd/4th from 2003-2006, or being in the top 10 in yards passing every year from 2002-2006. It doesn't get into a whole host of things that demonstrate just how important he was to those early teams from 2002 - 2006.

Get a better schtick. It's one thing to support current players. It's a sillier thing to bag on previous players just because they're gone. And it's basically defcon1 level ridiculousness for someone who claims to be a Patriots fan to be trying to rewrite history in order to make Brady look like a lesser player and contributor than he is and was.
What's the Patriots record over the first four weeks during the entirety of BB's tenure including with Brady... 500 at best? They have always started slow.

And moving the goal posts... lol like the way you vacillate between 2001 and 2003 ^ when 2001 was the conversation. Yeah... like I said, Tom entered the league a raw prospect and improved... he became the GOAT. This notion that he was a world beater who willed a terrible team to a championship is laughable. And I've been saying this for nearly two decades of posting about this team including back on the original Boston.com message boards and when Tom was firmly entrenched as a starter, my "schtick" hasn't changed.

You did and you know you did because you felt compelled to attack Brady fan boys anticipating some objections. I wouldn't have said anything if you hadn't gone there. But free to inject your broken record super power and fan boy talking points coming totally out of thin air as often as you can.
Brady fanboys are insufferable and wildly ignorant on how actual football games are won, they get mocked... I've never "attacked" Tom Brady in my life. Tom, just like BB or anyone, gets judged on the merits of his actions and level of play... good or bad.

Again... this thread is about Mac Jones. He doesn't have to be a magician or super hero to win games, he has to play well. Something that other young QB's manage to do quite regularly year after year.

The way you zealots jump to Tom's defense and accuse fans of attacking him says everything. I started out my first post here by saying "part of what makes Brady great." The very first paragraph... and that's attacking Tom... got it... but you're not a fanboy.

Last edited:
Brady fanboys are insufferable and wildly ignorant on how actual football games are won, they get mocked... I've never "attacked" Tom Brady in my life. Tom, just like BB or anyone, gets judged on the merits of his actions and level of play.

Again... this thread is about Mac Jones. He doesn't have to be a magician or super hero to win games, he has to play well. Something that other young QB's manage to do quite regularly year after year.

The way you zealots jump to his defense and accuse fans of attacking him says everything. I started out my first post here by saying "part of what makes Brady great." That's attacking Tom... got it... fanboy.
You brought up Brady. You brought Brady fan boys. You attacked us with straw man crap before anyone said anything and you didnt even adress my point about stats......that its the winning drives and possesions that separated Brady from someone else with similar yards and completions etc. What Mac Jones does in those clutch situations will define him. Not whether or not he has this or that completion percentage or this or that many yards. Anyway thats what counts more than how many fantacy points he winds up with as far as im concerned.

I don’t think there are many beat writers covering NFL teams talking about how terrible their draft picks look right now. That being said, I’m an optimist and am consciously choosing to allow myself to be excited by this report!

FWIW the guy who originally tweeted this tweeted this last night:

They signed two of them today, didn't see others reporting these visits.

Too lazy to look it up but didn’t the source saying “Jones is wowing the Pats” also report the Pats interest in Daryl Worley? I thought it was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Holy crap Tyler Gaffney...good for him !

Hall..
1621542640399.png
1621542662681.png

Too lazy to look it up but didn’t the source saying “Jones is wowing the Pats” also report the Pats interest in Daryl Worley? I thought it was mentioned earlier in this thread.
He did. It’s in post #15 of this thread.it gives his Jones’ report a little more credence wouldn’t you say.

What's the Patriots record over the first four weeks during the entirety of BB's tenure including with Brady... 500 at best? They have always started slow.

So the excuse is now the slow starts?
rofl.gif

Here's some news for you, and I'm using 2 games, not 4, since 2001 Bledsoe only lasted 2 starts:

2000 and 2001 both started at 0-2. From 2002-2006, the Patriots never went 0-2, and had a total combined record of 8-2

And moving the goal posts... lol like the way you vacillate between 2001 and 2003 ^ when 2001 was the conversation. Yeah... like I said, Tom entered the league a raw prospect and improved... he became the GOAT. This notion that he was a world beater who willed a terrible team to a championship is laughable. And I've been saying this for nearly two decades of posting about this team including back on the original Boston.com message boards and when Tom was firmly entrenched as a starter, my "schtick" hasn't changed.

I didn't vacillate between 2001 and 2003, as I pointed out in a specific paragraph:

And none of that is about anything but that 2001 season. It doesn't even get into Brady having 5 fourth quarter comebacks/game winning drives in 2003, for example. It doesn't get into Brady being in the top 10 in passer rating every year as a starter before his 2008 injury, or leading the league in passing TDs in 2002, and then going 10th/6th/3rd/4th from 2003-2006, or being in the top 10 in yards passing every year from 2002-2006. It doesn't get into a whole host of things that demonstrate just how important he was to those early teams from 2002 - 2006.

So you've gone from goalpost moving, to strawman building, to out and out lying.

You brought up Brady. You brought Brady fan boys. You attacked us with straw man crap before anyone said anything and you didnt even adress my point about stats......that its the winning drives and possesions that separated Brady from someone else with similar yards and completions etc. What Mac Jones does in those clutch situations will define him. Not whether or not he has this or that completion percentage or this or that many yards. Anyway thats what counts more than how many fantacy points he winds up with as far as im concerned.
I didn’t compare Mac to Brady, numerous draft pundits and media talking heads did. Other than that I generally agree with everything above, if the team at large wins it will be due to them being a complete team and good in three phases. Mac need to do his job, he needs to be good in crunch time like he was in college as well.

So the excuse is now the slow starts?
rofl.gif

Here's some news for you, and I'm using 2 games, not 4, since 2001 Bledsoe only lasted 2 starts:

2000 and 2001 both started at 0-2. From 2002-2006, the Patriots never went 0-2, and had a total combined record of 8-2

I didn't vacillate between 2001 and 2003, as I pointed out in a specific paragraph:

So you've gone from goalpost moving, to strawman building, to out and out lying.
lol I’m lying again, anyone who doesn’t agree Tom is a sacred cow is a liar.

In 2001 BB had his system in place and imported a bunch of old and in some cases really old players, value vets as we'd call them today.

They won a ring and then he essentially had to rebuild the team again in 2002-2003 to get younger, better and deeper.

When he got to the Pats the first thing he had to fix was the money, and method of paying players.

They had no stockpile of draft picks and gave up a 1 for BB, they had no resources. There were a bunch of bad contracts.

They weren't a deep team and the "value vets" they brought in, too old or middling in their careers, these guys played well and stayed healthy.

A good example is Joe Andruzzi, the guy was basically unwanted in free agency, not a splashy name, he started 16 games for us at a crucial position because depth behind him was paper thin. He was 26 in 2001, had played three years and only started 15 games.

Mike Compton our starting guard on the other side was a very good player for Detroit having blocked for Barry Sanders for years, but he was considered washed up when they acquired and started him every game in 2001, he was 31.

Bobby Hamilton was 30, had only started 12 games in a four year career before coming to NE but from 2000-2006 he started every game but two.

Anthony Pleasant had been a very good player for a long time including on Bill's early Browns teams, he was already 33 years old in 2001.

Roman Phifer was an iron man, played for 15 years, he was 33 years old in 2001.

Otis Smith was also an iron man, he was 36 years old in 2001.

We got extremely lucky, we had key pieces but also were very fortunate none of these old starters went down. They also brought in talented rookies like Seymour and Light.

Using 2000 vs 2001 as a comparable team is a straw man. it’s you lying... < see how dumb that sounds? Probably not...

lol I’m lying again, anyone who doesn’t agree Tom is a sacred cow is a liar.
You're lying because you claimed I was doing something I wasn't doing. It had nothing to do with Brady, Football, UFOs, Newton's laws of gravity, the first man to touch foot on Easter Island, or anything but your false statement. And, since you can't seem to avoid lying, we're done here. Goodbye.

You're lying because you claimed I was doing something I wasn't doing. It had nothing to do with Brady, Football, UFOs, Newton's laws of gravity, the first man to touch foot on Easter Island, or anything but your false statement. And, since you can't seem to avoid lying, we're done here. Goodbye.
That’s why you gravitate towards every conversation that doesn’t suggest Tom Brady is a magician... because you don’t believe it, but find yourself defending him from invisible enemies at every turn.

Last edited:
That’s why you gravitate toward every conversation that doesn’t suggest Tom Brady is a magician... because you don’t believe it but you just find yourself defending him from invisible enemies dishonest, irrational Belichick cultists like myself at every turn.

FIFY

Check my draft grades and free agency reviews... I grade every personnel move on it’s own merit.

What I don’t do is ascribe superhuman powers to BB the way you Brady fanboys do.

No doubt you’ve been in game threads for the last twenty years blaming the receiver for any bad pass Tom has ever thrown. Tom singlehandly willed the team to Super Bowl victories and when they lost it was everyone else’s fault. Shake your pom poms

Jules:
Cam works hard. Now we gotta see if he can work smart, in the right areas, and if he does that he’s gonna give himself an opportunity to do well. But he’s also gonna have to beat out the young gun,” said Edelman. “Cause the young gun is there, little Mac Attack.
“This kid, you know, that’s a first round draft pick,” added Edelman. “That’s like a real first-round draft pick.”
The first part of what is in bold may be why BB likes Cam. He works hard. Well, you need to start making smart decisions with the ball. Last year he had legit excuses. This off season he has none. Put up or go home.
I like how Jules see Mac. Mac Attack. It is official. Jules called it. Stop with all other nick names.

I think Mac Jones may end up surprising his critics, but I am going to temper expectations in mini-camp. It is great he is catching on so quickly, but we have a long way to go and shirts and shells and no contact is not a good way to judge a player.

Check my draft grades and free agency reviews... I grade every personnel move on it’s own merit.

What I don’t do is ascribe superhuman powers to BB the way you Brady fanboys do.

No doubt you’ve been in game threads for the last twenty years blaming the receiver for any bad pass Tom has ever thrown. Tom singlehandly willed the team to Super Bowl victories and when they lost it was everyone else’s fault. Shake your pom poms
Who are the fanboys that ascribe superhiman powers? Who spent the past 20 years blaming receivers for every bad pass? Who said the Pats would only 1 Superbowl with other quarterbacks? You put out that strawman stuff and argue against it but i havent seen a group of fan boys thathave aaid any of that. Youre aguing against a made uo group of people

Who are the fanboys that ascribe superhiman powers? Who spent the past 20 years blaming receivers for every bad pass? Who said the Pats would only 1 Superbowl with other quarterbacks? You put out that strawman stuff and argue against it but i havent seen a group of fan boys thathave aaid any of that. Youre aguing against a made uo group of people
Anyone who feels the need to jump to Tom's defense when someone makes a general statement about how he grew from a young game manager into the best QB ever and provide his stats which affirm this... he didn't simply exit the womb that way.

Or posters who blanch at the idea there are other really good QB's in the NFL, and the difference between them and Tom isn't a Grand Canyon sized gulf that explains how Tom won six rings and they only one or two.

Or posters who blame BB for every loss, credit Tom with every win and suggest Tom carried BB the entire way kicking and screaming...

It's patently obvious who you guys are, you show up whenever someone suggests Tom isn't a god. It doesn't matter if we call him the GOAT, the best of all-time... if he doesn't get all the credit or it's pointed out how he's mortal and open to criticism he's "being attacked." I think QB's are wholly overrated by fans who have a fantasy football understanding of the game, it has nothing to do with Tom.

Meanwhile when I criticize Bill like saying a 2nd for Sanu is a massive overpay, it's a mistake to trade back for Byron Cowart when a good TE in Foster Moreau is sitting there in the 4th round, or that at least two or more of his draft picks this year are a complete waste of picks it's thumbs up or total radio silence... suggest Tom threw a bad pass or wasn't superhuman in 2001 and it's guns at the ready.

Forget it, you guys are entirely unaware of your rabid and irrational fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down