PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones blowing away Patriots coaches and teammates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he blew people away by correctly grabbing a snap from a coach and by throwing the ball successfully against air. Because that is pretty much all they get to do during the early phases of the various offseason programs.

What an absolutely moronic article that just feeds on a fanbase's ignorance about what is going on during the offseason.

The clickbaity writer should have at least waited until a point where they can do 7v7s (and more) before claiming someone is blown away by something. Right now they are working on fundamentals and not much more.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you get rid of the Fairness Doctrine.

Yes he blew people away by correctly grabbing a snap from a coach and by throwing the ball successfully against air
Still better than what Cam Newton is doing

Yes he blew people away by correctly grabbing a snap from a coach and by throwing the ball successfully against air. Because that is pretty much all they get to do during the early phases of the various offseason programs.

What an absolutely moronic article that just feeds on a fanbase's cluelessness about what is going on during the offseason.

The clickbaity writer should have at least waited until a point where they can do 7v7s (and more) before claiming someone is blown away by something. Right now they are working on fundamentals and not much more.

Bingo. Fundamentals and teaching the rookies how the flow of a training camp practice goes, making sure they're familiar with every drill they run, etc. So that when real camp hits, they're not wasting any time showing the new guys where to line up.

This guy the SpikeKing is getting more attention than he deserves. at first it was a bunch of retweets. now the national media is writing articles about his tweets. :rolleyes:

Can see it. In my mind's eye... BB twirling his whistle... "Run it again Jones"
unfinished...

BB twirling his whistle... "Run it again Jones, and this time do it better than Johnny Foxborough does it, down the road at the high school"

This is a ridiculous headline. That being said, what COULD be true, is that he “blew them away” by learning very quickly. And that he probably showed leadership during the rookie camp. For example, maybe already knowing where guys needed to be lined up during the camp. Jones is known to be extremely smart (had a 4.0 GPA), so I wouldn’t be shocked if he stuck his nose in the playbook immediately after getting to Gillette for the meet and greet.

I remember reading that Stidham was doing similar things during his rookie camp. I guess we’ll learn more during the next mini camp, which I believe is a passing camp.

This is a ridiculous headline. That being said, what COULD be true, is that he “blew them away” by learning very quickly. And that he probably showed leadership during the rookie camp. For example, maybe already knowing where guys needed to be lined up during the camp. Jones is known to be extremely smart (had a 4.0 GPA), so I wouldn’t be shocked if he stuck his nose in the playbook immediately after getting to Gillette for the meet and greet.

I remember reading that Stidham was doing similar things during his rookie camp. I guess we’ll learn more during the next mini camp, which I believe is a passing camp.
Stid also had a pretty solid preseason from what I remember. Don't know where the wheels fell off with him but he had a very promising start his rookie season

It's absolutely wild that you can be a paid sports writer/reporter from a major publication and "doing your job" can just be sharing (and therefore legitimizing) rumors you found from random unverified Twitter users. What an absolute grift. 9 times out of 10, you're better off just identifying the best posters on this site and waiting on what they have to say.

Stid also had a pretty solid preseason from what I remember. Don't know where the wheels fell off with him but he had a very promising start his rookie season
No possibility of being hit in TC combined with vanilla defensive schemes.

“…and he stared at me, his eyes piercing through mine, and he said ‘And I’m the greatest decision this franchise ever made.’”

“Okay…is that Happy Meal for a boy or a girl?”

isn't that the same for everyone though? i mean we all thought JG looked great his rookie season and he turned out to be a good (albeit injury prone QB). understanding there's no one-size-fits-all to this stuff, stid kinda looked like he was following the same path as JG.

Maybe he got his first pro check and decided you know what? i wanna be a backup qb for life and eat crunchwrap supremes with all this shmoney i don't wanna be good

When I saw this headline, and knowing what I do of the jokers personality, my first thought was did he have some bad nachos or something? Maybe he is lactose intolerant and ate too much cheese?

More interesting Tweets:

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I looked over the rest of his account and he's not self-promoting the way some of the other questionable ones do...so hey, keep an eye on some of these and see how they play out...you never know :cool:

I wondered what he was up to recently....

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
None... Zero zip zilch

This here is quality reporting from .... Wait for it ... Twitter

I'll believe it when Bill says "Mac Jones was better than Johnny Foxboro in summer camp!"

EDIT: Just noticed I was Ninjaed by Psalm Beach in Post #28

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill