PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL..Antonio Brown Burning More Bridges

Nice to know he's reached his financial nirvana.

Sounds like guy is fed up with Steelers dysfunction, is looking for a place he can fit in but, if he can't find it he'll hang it up.

Can't really blame the guy, if you've already made millions and you're still young, why risk severe injury to put up with BS.

Does sound like he wants to play though.
AB IS the BS

Omma entrepreneur…

d%#*!@t, I thought he was a wide receiver.

Last edited:
I think hes trying to get cut more tha anything else...then he can more freely choose where to play.

he's too good on the field and with no record of rapes and domestic violence (i think) there is no way he'll be ostracized

He’s actually not wrong. However, I do not agree with how he’s handling everything. But at the end of the day, how I feel about his situation doesn’t matter.

I heard someone throw out the theory that he hasn't been the same since the Burfict hit. At this point, one has to think there's probably something to that.

I’d buy that. He has acted funny since then.

I have a different theory. He wants to play somewhere that has a system. I never realized this but we are the only team with a system in which plays are designed and practiced on. This is why people say Brady is a System QB.
See? He has play books and routes and they do drills. Other teams line up eleven superior athletes but they don’t do the whole design thing or practice plays or have any type of system. It’s just snap the ball and see what kind of monster athletes can do. Browns tired of that.

I hope he gets traded to the Redskins. He'll be irrelevant and his career will die there.

Sounds like guy is fed up with Steelers dysfunction, is looking for a place he can fit in but, if he can't find it he'll hang it up.

Can't really blame the guy, if you've already made millions and you're still young, why risk severe injury to put up with BS.

What's the expression, " once you start talking about retirement, you're already retired?"....

I have a different theory. He wants to play somewhere that has a system. I never realized this but we are the only team with a system in which plays are designed and practiced on. This is why people say Brady is a System QB.
See? He has play books and routes and they do drills. Other teams line up eleven superior athletes but they don’t do the whole design thing or practice plays or have any type of system. It’s just snap the ball and see what kind of monster athletes can do. Browns tired of that.
I agree. I listened to more of his interview and his rant is all about the Steelers org and not any other team per se. When he talks about the type of team he would want to play for, it sounds a lot like the Patriots.

Man, things must of been really messed up in Pittsburgh for two talented players like Bell and AB to come out this way.

Brown doesn't need the NYFL and the NYFL needs Brown even less.

you really believe that??

Isn't that like an arsonist complaining about how overworked the fire department is?

Isn't that like an arsonist complaining about how overworked the fire department is?
So you think it's a coincidence that Harrison, Bell, and now AB came out with criticism of the org? Apparently Harrison did everything he could to be let go. Bell flat out refused to play. Now AB is doing what he can to be released. All of this in the last 2 years.

Maybe they're just being prima Donas since the Steelers coaching staff is excellent (though their fans don't think so).

I agree. I listened to more of his interview and his rant is all about the Steelers org and not any other team per se. When he talks about the type of team he would want to play for, it sounds a lot like the Patriots.

Man, things must of been really messed up in Pittsburgh for two talented players like Bell and AB to come out this way.

Bell's about money, and Brown's the guy who makes sure to arrive at camp via helicopter and films himself in the locker room while the coach is trying to have a team meeting/speech. So we should probably acknowledge those two players as guys who's situations aren't about the system, even if we believe that there is a problem in Pittsburgh beyond them.

Absolute nutcase. Can't blame the Steelers for him.
I can.

They are soft and it shows on the field. They coddle prima donna players and it shows off the field.

Both Bell and AB are leaving that joint squeeling like pigs. Two all stars leaving in their prime that PIT could not get to go with the program. They should have traded them a year early like we did with Chandler Jones.

I like Antonio's style. Alas, the corrupt owners have the power, and this won't work out in his favour.
In a crazy way, he's using one of the few weapons he has, squeeling like a pig till he gets released, and if that doesn't happen he tells the team that just dropped a 4th rounder for his rights that he's going to sit till they trade him to a team of his choice or release him. Worse case he sits a year but that's what it took Bell to get out of PIT, and it seems players these days are OK with that.

NFL may be evolving towards basketball 'pre-agency' when a player still has a year on his deal and tells the team he isn't signing with them so they better trade him now when they can get something for him, and here's a list of teams he'll accept a trade to.

What's the expression, " once you start talking about retirement, you're already retired?"....
Wow, that one hits a little too close to home! :D

Did I tell you about that nice place I'm looking at down by the coast?

He has a net worth of 30 mil, 3 multi million dollar mansions(1 worth about 7 mil), 5 kids with three different women. Talks like he's set for life but strikes me as the type that will go broke in 10-20 years if he walks away from football now...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back