PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions Sign Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Devante Parker...sounds like the end of his time in Miami. Maybe a change of scenery would help.
I agree with you totally
I think he would be great in Foxboro

I dont see any team paying Amendola 6million$. The Dolphins just got stupid like the Jets did with Revis a few years ago to somehow spite the patriots.

and yet just like the revis deal they ended up not being worth the money and released.

Strange that the new coaching staff (B-Flo et all) would release Dola considering that they know what a good character guy he is. They are most likely installing the Patriots system and would benefit from having some key veterans who could facilitate the team “buying into” it. While his contract was extravagant, he was still their best WR.

We can only repeat what has been said again and again. You have to keep Dola on a snap count to manage him in terms of health. This makes him definitely not worth a 6m cap hit. Everyone knew it and yet the Dolphins went through with this ****ty contract. Another Mike Tannenbaum special.

Him being released was the most likely scenario especially once Gase was gone.

Ty came back.
maxresdefault.jpg

3CE81DC100000578-4197922-image-a-33_1486424507854.jpg

Ty who?

I'm so confused. Are we talking about Adam Gase and Danny Amendola getting back together? Or is it Patjew with Olivia Culpo? Bennifer?

I was talking about Amendola and Culpo

Amendola was worth $6M to Gase last year. The open question is what he will be worth to Gase this year for the jets, where the cap is all but irrelevant.

Will Amendola be worth more to the jets than to the patriots? Even if the numbers were equal, would Amendola chose to leave the coach that paid him last year, and come back to the patriots?

Last edited:
We can only repeat what has been said again and again. You have to keep Dola on a snap count to manage him in terms of health. This makes him definitely not worth a 6m cap hit. Everyone knew it and yet the Dolphins went through with this ****ty contract. Another Mike Tannenbaum special.

Him being released was the most likely scenario especially once Gase was gone.

I may be being a homer here, but NE is the perfect fit for amendola. Guy has never topped 666 yards in a season. He is also incredibly clutch and an excellent punt returner . A team that can afford to use him sparingly in the regular season and get timely contributions come playoff time is the role he is built for. Just a matter of what he wants right now. But yea, Teams like the jets and dolphins throwing big money at him really shows poor management. You get mediocre production at best and most likely don’t even get to the playoffs where hes most valuable.

Won’t you come home Danny boy? Won’t you come home?

Amendola was worth $6M to Gase last year. The open question is what he will be worth to Gase this year for the jets, where the cap is all but irrelevant.

Will Amendola be worth more to the jets than to the patriots? Even if the numbers were equal, would Amendola chose to leave the coach that paid him last year, and come back to the patriots?

It is a deep slot FA & Draft. Id be surprised if Jete are thinking of Dola at all.
His price tag at NE is well established. Since he doesn't seem to be retiring anything but signing w NE for 1.5-2M would be a surprise at this point..

I may be being a homer here, but NE is the perfect fit for amendola. Guy has never topped 666 yards in a season.
And he had to sell his soul to the devil just to reach that mark. I say, “hard pass,” unless, of course, we need him to fire up the team by playing the fiddle on the sidelines during commercial breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes