PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions Sign Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6-Montgomery-Way-Foxboro-MA-02035/123873826_zpid/

Come on Danny. Found you a 2 garage new construction house. You know you want it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
SOME COMMENTS

1) Amendola likely won't come back for less than $5M (a $1M salary cut from last year), and that is too much for the role that he would have for us.

2) Dorsett wants to be a "starter". He might accept a #2 role and would expect to be paid for such a role. I don't think that Belichick wants him as our #2 WR, or will pay him to be our #2 WR.

3) If Gordon is tendered, we should think of him as our #5 WR. He might do great for part of the year, or more, or less.

4) We need a #2 WR, which Belichick will likely sign or trade for.

1) 34 with known injury history, never reached 700 yds in a season and started no more then 8 games until last season ... I think he gets offers for no more then 3 mil per year. He has been very clutch for the Pats...I think he comes back for about 3 mil per year.

2) Dorsett is a good starter at WR3. I don't think teams will be fighting for his services. I hope he is re-signed.

3) ZERO chance Gordon is not starting with Edelman if he is not injured or in the BB doghouse. Arguably the most talented receiver on the team and you think BB is going to sit him for most of a game at WR 5 because he might be unreliable sometime later in the season ? No chance. Gordon starts with Edelman.

4) Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Amendola, Patterson, draft a WR in rounds 2-3.

Last edited:
1) 34 with an extensive injury history... I think he gets offers for no more then 3 mil per year. I think he comes back for about 3 mil per year.

2) Dorsett is a good starter at WR3. I don't think teams will be fighting for his services. I hope he is re-signed.

3) ZERO chance Gordon is not starting with Edelman if he is not injured or in the BB doghouse. Arguably the most talented receiver on the team and you think BB is going to sit him for most of game at WR 5 because he might be unreliable sometime later in the season ? No chance. Gordon starts with Edelman.

4) Edelman, Gordon, Dorsett, Amendola, Patterson, draft a WR in rounds 2-3.

The better question if Gordon is EVEN eligible for the 2019 season not that he will be a WR5 if he is eligible.

The better question if Gordon is EVEN eligible for the 2019 season not that he will be a WR5 if he is eligible.

The premise is that he is eligible. This Gordon discussion doesn't exist otherwise.

Is it even a sure thing the Pats are gonna assign a tender to Gordon? They have 4 days to do so. It'll be interesting to see at what level they do, if they chose to.

Is it even a sure thing the Pats are gonna assign a tender to Gordon? They have 4 days to do so. It'll be interesting to see at what level they do, if they chose to.
Agree. It's not a sure thing. If they don't, who would sign him while he's on double secret probation?

The deadline for RFA's is in 4 days ?

Agree. It's not a sure thing. If they don't, who would sign him while he's on double secret probation?
Good question. There was supposedly 8 teams that contacted the browns about him last year, before he was sent here. But following his latest episode who knows how many of those teams would even still be interested.

We need one more solid quality WR (Golden Tate) between Edelman and Gordon.

If they've got

Gordon (OWR)
Edelman (OWR/SWR)
Amendola (SWR)
Dorsett (OWR/SWR)
Legit draft WR

That's about all we can ask for. As much as I'd love to see BB draft 2 WRs and carry six in the above scenario, that would be out of his normal comfort zone, in terms of numbers of legit WRs carried.

And Golden Tate wanting $10-14 million pretty much guarantees that he's not coming and you can stop pining for him.

(I'm guessing) Amendola will also be overrating the market for a 34 yr old wr because as a 33 yr old wr he got $6 million a year. And it only takes one team looking for playoff experience or being just plain stupid.
Maybe, but I don't think he'll get that much.

In 2017, Eric Decker 54 catches, 563 yards, and 1 TD.
Last year, Amendola had 59 catches, 570 yards, and 1 TD.

Decker signed with NE for $1.9M with up to $600k in incentives.

Now, granted, Amendola's 2017 numbers weren't great (although 348 yards and 2 TDs across 3 playoff games was great), so this time last year someone could've made a convincing argument he wouldn't sniff $6M a year from the Dolphins...

Maybe he will go to the Jets/Giants, but that assumes there's mutual interest from the other side.

Maybe, but I don't think he'll get that much.

In 2017, Eric Decker 54 catches, 563 yards, and 1 TD.
Last year, Amendola had 59 catches, 570 yards, and 1 TD.

Decker signed with NE for $1.9M with up to $600k in incentives.

Now, granted, Amendola's 2017 numbers weren't great (although 348 yards and 2 TDs across 3 playoff games was great), so this time last year someone could've made a convincing argument he wouldn't sniff $6M a year from the Dolphins...

Maybe he will go to the Jets/Giants, but that assumes there's mutual interest from the other side.
Amendola will have to give the SB/I love TB discounts in order to be signed here. That’s what I believe but I’m not convinced he will, that’s all.

Amendola’s market will be small. No team is paying much for a 34-year old WR who will at best give you 500 yards at as a third or fourth option. He is more valuable playing for NE then anywhere else, so I think the Patriots will offer somewhere around the top of his market, which is $3M or less.

I think it’s more likely he retires because no one offers him anything above peanuts than him getting a $5M contract.

Amendola’s market will be small. No team is paying much for a 34-year old WR who will at best give you 500 yards at as a third or fourth option. He is more valuable playing for NE then anywhere else, so I think the Patriots will offer somewhere around the top of his market, which is $3M or less.
Jets will over pay to keep him out of New England.

Jets will over pay to keep him out of New England.

That would be stupid, but they are the NYJ. Without Brady throwing to him, I don’t see him making the roster on a lot of teams. 34 is ancient for a WR. There’s a real possibility he may just be finished.

That would be stupid, but they are the NYJ. Without Brady throwing to him, I don’t see him making the roster on a lot of teams. 34 is ancient for a WR. There’s a real possibility he may just be finished.

he might not make the roster at NE

I think it’s more likely he retires because no one offers him anything above peanuts than him getting a $5M contract.
I agree with all of this.

Trust me I share your concerns but I can think of 20 WR's in this upcoming Draft who's already better than Dorsett.

The Pats will pick # 21.

Lost of WRs are cant miss and turn out to be busts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back