PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions Sign Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved what DA did here but it’s time to move on with younger receiver talent honestly. Good luck to him in Detroit.

I don't know whats hard to understand. There could have been mutual interest between Danny and 4 teams.

Seriously reporting has become a joke. Jeff Howe said Amendola was interested in the Patriots over the weekend and last night it was reported somewhere, mutual interest. How could that die so quickly, if there was any credibility to it? And the whole Rappaport AB thing.

Seriously reporting has become a joke. Jeff Howe said Amendola was interested in the Patriots over the weekend and last night it was reported somewhere, mutual interest. How could that die so quickly, if there was any credibility to it? And the whole Rappaport AB thing.
Of course he said he'd be interested in playing for NE. Why would he reduce his list of potential employers?

I'm sure Bill/Nick threw some numbers at Danny as did other teams and Fat Matt put $4.5m guaranteed out there and Danny said OK. Maybe he called Bill to see if they'd go higher and Bill said no. These things can happen fast.

Please post where any reporter said that there was an agreement in principle between the patriots and Amendola.

The reporter posted that there was mutual interest.
=====
For example, I suspect that 8 or more teams have discussed their mutual interest in a trade for Rosen with ARIZ. If we are reported to be one of them, is that someohow unreasonable if it doesn't happen?

It's funny you say that because getting it right was once was the cardinal rule of journalism.

Detroit probably threw that offer at him. He wasn't getting that here.

Of course he said he'd be interested in playing for NE. Why would he reduce his list of potential employers?

I'm sure Bill/Nick threw some numbers at Danny as did other teams and Fat Matt put $4.5m guaranteed out there and Danny said OK. Maybe he called Bill to see if they'd go higher and Bill said no. These things can happen fast.

The NBC Sports Boston story was posted after 10:30 PM last night and ESPN had the signing before 8:00 AM this morning. If the deal was done at 3:00 AM, then OK.

Report: Amendola, Pats have mutual interest

Last edited:

Patricia and Quinn offered 4.5m. If the Pats were competitive there would have been interest to bring him back. I dont think there is any issue with reporting in this case.

Can't wait for the Pat's to draft the next Chad Johnson or Bethel Jackson.

Can't wait for the Pat's to draft the next Chad Johnson or Bethel Jackson.

Finding rookies who can run option routes is hard. For every 1 Mitchell there are 100 bethel Johnson’s.

Veterans seem to work much better for bb. I think we sign/trade for two veterans and draft a couple guys.

Hardman from Georgia looks like the perfect developmental replacement for Edelman after a red shirt year or two.

Mcluarin of Ohio state looks like the perfect developmental replacement for Slater after a red shirt year.

For the outside, we need 2 veterans for 19 and a developmental guy for 2020.

Cole Beasley would be a nice veteran fit in this offense. He's been on record as saying he wants to know he'll be more of a main cog in the offense and it's not just about the money. If he can get had for a 3/15-18 type of deal he would give us that JE/DA double slot threat. Considering what he did with Prescott I think you would see his numbers spike with Brady.

Cole Beasley would be a nice veteran fit in this offense. He's been on record as saying he wants to know he'll be more of a main cog in the offense and it's not just about the money. If he can get had for a 3/15-18 type of deal he would give us that JE/DA double slot threat. Considering what he did with Prescott I think you would see his numbers spike with Brady.
I thought he was looking for 10+ a year? There's a Rotoworld story saying he wants 20 million guaranteed...that's a little extreme.

It can be true that a player and a team have mutual interest but another team also has interest and offered more money. That doesn't make the reporting wrong. Most likely the Lions offered him a million and a half or so more than the Patriots, and Amendola opted for the bigger contract.

DA plans to sign with the Lions...yessss!

The free agent wide receiver class is so thin that mediocrities like Beasley and Adam Humphries are going to be in the $8m-10m range.
Well I guess that eliminates any pipe dream of Tate landing here...any guesses on what he'll get?

Finding rookies who can run option routes is hard. For every 1 Mitchell there are 100 bethel Johnson’s.

Veterans seem to work much better for bb. I think we sign/trade for two veterans and draft a couple guys.

Hardman from Georgia looks like the perfect developmental replacement for Edelman after a red shirt year or two.

Mcluarin of Ohio state looks like the perfect developmental replacement for Slater after a red shirt year.

For the outside, we need 2 veterans for 19 and a developmental guy for 2020.

With all those picks you're talking about developmental WR??:confused: They are Definite Slot guys in this Draft plus guys who can do both and also those Solid outside types. I think they are potential Impact Rookie Skill position players at WR and TE in this Draft. I also feel why we Patsfans are a little apprehensive about Rookie WR's is because of all the misses. But Remember it's not for a lack of trying BB have invested capital at WR but have not reaped success. But at the same time other Teams have hit on WR's in some those same Drafts. Sometimes Teams just get lucky and we are well ouverdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye