PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Langi and Humphrey promoted. Who is sitting?

Family

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Harvey Langi and Lil Jordan Humphrey have been promoted, which means nine sit.

My picks:

1) Zappe
2) Meyers or Humphrey or Ty Montgomery (might be gametime decision)
3) Chasen Hines
4) Sam Roberts
5) Joshuah Bledsoe
6) Branden Schooler
7) Jahlani Tavai
8) Wade
9) D. Mitchelle

Last edited:
1. Zappe
2. Strong
3. Hines
4. Roberts
5. Bledsoe
6. J. Jones
7. D. Mitchell
8. Langi
9. Humphrey

Does it actually work that way? This rule about elevations existed last year and the inactive sheet always had no more than 7 names.

Why the **** is Langi doing here at all, in any capacity? Dude sucks...as do a few others in the above two lists...

Predominantly ST elevations. Humphrey did really well as a gunner and takes over Thornton. Jon Jon might be spared.
Hopefully Meyers can play.

Not elevating JJ prob means good news Montgomery is ok to go which could be important on multiple fronts.

Predominantly ST elevations. Humphrey did really well as a gunner and takes over Thornton. Jon Jon might be spared.
Hopefully Meyers can play.

Not elevating JJ prob means good news Montgomery is ok to go which could be important on multiple fronts.
Looked like a potentially season-threatening injury when it happened based on all the precautions taken so for the dude to not miss any time at all would be quite a bullet dodged.

My picks:

1) Zappe
3) Chasen Hines
4) Sam Roberts
5) Joshuah Bledsoe
6) Branden Schooler
7) Jahlani Tavai
8) Wade
9) D. Mitchelle
I worry it's Meyers - although if Humphrey can do what Wilkerson did last year when they sat Harry and just be a guy who can run routes and get open so the other guys get some one-on-one looks, they might be OK. Although I didn't realize it, but Jones didn't have one target to Humphrey during the preseason, so they don't have a lot of chemistry in game situations:

Zappe, Hines, Herron, Roberts, Marcus Jones, Jack Jones, Bledsoe. If Montgomery doesn't play, one of those OL is active.

Special teamers like D. Mitchell, Tavai, and Schooler play.

My picks:

1) Zappe
3) Chasen Hines
4) Sam Roberts
5) Joshuah Bledsoe
6) Branden Schooler
7) Jahlani Tavai
8) Wade
9) D. Mitchelle
If these two are being elevated then they will be active. Both play St's.
Zappe, Hines, Herron, Roberts, Marcus Jones, Jack Jones, Bledsoe. If Montgomery doesn't play, one of those OL is active.

Special teamers like D. Mitchell, Tavai, and Schooler play.
We will have 8 active OL's since one is a freebee, since the 8th OL spot cannot be used on another spot. I expect one of the OT's to be inactive.
I expect 3 DB's to sit as well as Zappe and a DL.
Given the players elevated, I expect that one of the STer's isn't physically able. to play.

Could not agree more. I doubt he is capable enough to be a wal mart greeter!

But he is a necessary evil as years of bad drafting have created huge roster holes.

The bolded is messed up, dude. Sorry.

It’s just a joke, I’m a snowflake, whatever …

Anyone who’s been alive for more than 5 minutes understands the implications of the WalMart greeter jokes. It’s basically a way to say someone is mentally and/or physically incapable/disabled to the extent that WalMart greeter is the only job they can do in life.

Insulting to both Langi and actual WalMart greeters. Not cool.

The bolded is messed up, dude. Sorry.

It’s just a joke, I’m a snowflake, whatever …

Anyone who’s been alive for more than 5 minutes understands the implications of the WalMart greeter jokes. It’s basically a way to say someone is mentally and/or physically incapable/disabled to the extent that WalMart greeter is the only job they can do in life.

Insulting to both Langi and actual WalMart greeters. Not cool.
So what do you think of this Walmart greeter story?

Walmart Greeter

Insurance for Meyers?

Hes playing but nursing a knee. Need at least 4 WRs to rotate in this heat. 90 degrees plus humidity typically spells a 100 degree heat index.

Meyers
Parker
Agholor
Bourne
Humphrey

So what do you think of this Walmart greeter story?

Walmart Greeter
My dad was a Lt. or Lt. Commander (don't remember exactly - was 2nd in command of a ship) in the Navy, and I just don't see someone of that ilk being consistently late (or late at all - well when we kids were little, sometimes it couldn't be helped, even with the threat of rough corporal punishment). Obv, that doesn't mean the story is not plausible, but I'm skeptical.

Back to the game - disappointed that Meyers is questionable, and if it's a knee, I'd stay cautious and keep him off the field unless he's close to 100%, but they obv know the true severity.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back