PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lane Johnson says Pats are no fun and run by fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, who gives one flying **** What Lane Johnson thinks. He’s a moron.

The basis of his statement is what I'm interested in.

If it's plucked out of thin air then he's a moron.

If it's from conversations with Long and LG then I think they are mildly interesting but not something I'm worried about.

I can kinda get the Gnats being peeved that we got more press than they did after SB42 and SB46, but these dummies can't stop talking about us...I actually find all this amusing. Why be offended? We're literally on the forefront of everyone's minds. The obsession in the Steelers fanbase might actually be the norm rather than the outlier. Again...amusing.
Even after winning the super bowl, the eagles are playing 2nd fiddle in terms of media attention.

New England losing was bigger news than Philadelphia winning.

The basis of his statement is what I'm interested in.

If it's plucked out of thin air then he's a moron.

If it's from conversations with Long and LG then I think they are mildly interesting but not something I'm worried about.
It *may* have come from those guys, but that hardly represents majority opinion.

He claims the Patriots are “no fun.” Well, do you think they’re having fun in Cleveland, New York or Chicago? I doubt there’s a single player on any of those teams who wouldn’t love to be here instead (except maybe QB because that guy would not play).

If New England is such a bad environment, then why do people take significantly less to stay here (even after birthday parties during FA visits cough cough Hightower)

If New England is such a bad environment, then why do people take significantly less to stay here (even after birthday parties during FA visits cough cough Hightower)
He was probably afraid of the consequences of going to the Jete. Culture of fear and all.

I don't disagree with this board's put-downs of Johnson, but during the actual Super Bowl, as it was being played out, I had that exact feeling about the defense. It didn't look loose, looked indecisive, tackled tentatively, lacked a winner's aggression etc. which gave me this impression that 'hey, maybe they are too damn disciplined... to the point of fear.' (few single outstanding efforts or big plays)

I don't disagree with this board's put-downs of Johnson, but during the actual Super Bowl, as it was being played out, I had that exact feeling about the defense Jordan Richards. It Jordan Richards didn't look loose, looked indecisive, tackled tentatively, lacked a winner's aggression etc. which gave me this impression that 'hey, maybe they are too damn disciplined... to the point of fear.' Jordan Richards ****ing sucks monkey ****. (few single outstanding efforts or big plays)

FTFY.

I don't understand how this is one of the best tackling teams in the league all year long, and then after one poor effort, we're questioning the methodology that has brought us to 8 Super Bowls and 5 wins.

We're fine with what we do. Lane can say whatever he wants, he's never been here, doesn't know much other than his one way.

For all the **** and anger and hatred sent our way, it's amazing how few veterans complain about us after being here. You've got a handful here or there, and that's it. Even guys who fought with management constantly like Seymour have recommended New England to others like Tommy Kelly.

Certain players excel under a coach like Belichick. Others will wilt. No different than some guys fit Pederson, some don't. What works for them is fine, it doesn't change or discount what works for us, and one fumble away from winning that game doesn't suddenly make me want to alter everything we've done in building the greatest dynasty in football.

See how fun it is when success causes other teams to poach players and coaches and they finish .500. Had a fun season but he'll be watching the playoffs at home on the couch.

I never ever read a player complaining about winning and saying it wasn't fun.

He should get together with Reggie Wayne and buy a team. Make that team the funnest team in the league where the rules are loose and team meetings are just parties. Let's see where that gets them.

Do not feed the fuc.hking troll..
**** him!! Enjoy the only superbowl ring you have.

Yeah because Gronk looks friggin miserable and has no fun. Amendola and Edelman also have no fun .

Concentrate on having your fun Lane and don’t worry yourself about the patriots you flump

The eagles barely won and quite frankly they’d have lost badly if Hightower , butler, Edelman and those guys were healthy. They know this and are self conscious about it. I wonder what lane Myers definition of fun is?

Mine is watching the pats beat fools down like dogs

The eagles barely won and quite frankly they’d have lost badly if Hightower , butler, Edelman and those guys were healthy. They know this and are self conscious about it. I wonder what lane Myers definition of fun is?

Mine is watching the pats beat fools down like dogs
They were without their starting qb. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results