PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the "tip your hat and call me daddy" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something not mentioned here yet: I was pretty dismayed by Clayborn's lack of rushing discipline. I think every single one of Bortles' runs to pick up the 1st on a 3rd down came via his side because he rushed too far upfield and left a gaping hole for Bortles to run through.

b. Still waiting to see when Hightower will be removed from the milk carton.

Ken, good post as usual. But- you and the others really have to cut Hightower some slack. He has basically missed one year of football. He went out around this time of the year, last year with that shoulder tear in the Atlanta game.

Something not mentioned here yet: I was pretty dismayed by Clayborn's lack of rushing discipline. I think every single one of Bortles' runs to pick up the 1st on a 3rd down came via his side because he rushed too far upfield and left a gaping hole for Bortles to run through.
It’s been pointed out that not all of those may have been his fault though. Some of those plays looked like general over pursuit while others looked like he was trying to funnel Bortles back in to a backer who was supposed to be there but wasn’t. That said, it’s extremely difficult to know for sure without knowing the play call. I suppose we’ll find out if it keeps happening and he ends up in the proverbial dog house.

The Clayborn signing was a little risky he's about a five or six sacks a year Guy. He got Six Sacks is that Dallas Game alone against a Back-up OL fished season with Nine and a 1/2 total. Things that make you go Hmmmm:rolleyes: I don't think the Falcons miss him.

It seems like Patterson is actually useless in the passing game, he's a gimmick guy. I don't think his route skills ever really converted into anything and he couldn't even catch a pass in the flat without falling over. If he stayed on his feet that was a first down.

I saw at least two plays on which Patterson was wide, wide open over the middle while Brady was pretty much locked on to a different target and more difficult throw from the get-go. It seems to me that Patterson may be this year's victim of "Dorsett Syndrome".

I saw at least two plays on which Patterson was wide, wide open over the middle while Brady was pretty much locked on to a different target and more difficult throw from the get-go. It seems to me that Patterson may be this year's victim of "Dorsett Syndrome".

Yeah, I remember when OchoCinco was wide open on several occasions in the Superbowl and Brady didn't even look at him. I don't think Brady trusts Patterson's hands. Throwing to a guy you don't trust to catch the ball over the middle can be suicide for a QB. Tipped balls usually mean pick and turnover.

Yeah, I remember when OchoCinco was wide open on several occasions in the Superbowl and Brady didn't even look at him. I don't think Brady trusts Patterson's hands. Throwing to a guy you don't trust to catch the ball over the middle can be suicide for a QB. Tipped balls usually mean pick and turnover.

I have no idea what Brady thinks or doesn't about Patterson's hands. I do know that Patterson's catch rate on throws of a similar distance over the past two seasons was ~74%.

Neither of the instances I saw would have required anything close to a contested catch. And, on the one play, Brady looked Hogan's way and never looked at anyone else.

It seems to me that there's a lot of entrenched "common wisdom" about what Patterson is and what he isn't, and about what Brady thinks and what he doesn't, that is way too frequently and liberally applied to "explain" what folks think happened.

I have no idea what Brady thinks or doesn't about Patterson's hands. I do know that Patterson's catch rate on throws of a similar distance over the past two seasons was ~74%.

Neither of the instances I saw would have required anything close to a contested catch. And, on the one play, Brady looked Hogan's way and never looked at anyone else.

It seems to me that there's a lot of entrenched "common wisdom" about what Patterson is and what he isn't, and about what Brady thinks and what he doesn't, that is way too frequently and liberally applied to "explain" what folks think happened.

Well we do know that Brady tends to focus away from guys he doesn't trust as much. So regardless, Patterson may not be catching the ball at the same rate in this offense. I haven't seen much to say that Patterson has had a lot of route success. Additionally, he may have been open at the time, but not on the route tree that he was supposed to be. Brady times a lot of his throws to be there when the guy hits a certain spot. Patterson may not be on spot and therefore Brady isn't looking his way.

Ultimately, the fact that Brady isn't looking his way, tells us more than anything else. And when he has throw the ball to him, it's been on very short routes with limited success.

Well we do know that Brady tends to focus away from guys he doesn't trust as much. So regardless, Patterson may not be catching the ball at the same rate in this offense. I haven't seen much to say that Patterson has had a lot of route success. Additionally, he may have been open at the time, but not on the route tree that he was supposed to be. Brady times a lot of his throws to be there when the guy hits a certain spot. Patterson may not be on spot and therefore Brady isn't looking his way.

Ultimately, the fact that Brady isn't looking his way, tells us more than anything else. And when he has throw the ball to him, it's been on very short routes with limited success.

It's been two games. Patterson has been open on routes that are not "gadget plays". He caught 1/1 against the Texans, and then was targeted 5 times against the Jags - the same number of targets that Hogan saw. And Patterson caught 3, including his lone "short-middle" target, and a "short-right" that netted 18 yds. Hogan also caught 3 of 5 tgts against the Jags.

On one play that's been reviewed several times in the re-watch thread, Brady clearly locked onto Hogan from the get-go and didn't look anywhere else. If Brady had looked elsewhere, he might have seen Ngakoue bearing down on him from the middle before he had to throw the ball away over Hogan's head (Hogan never did get open on the play).

It's been two games. I'm just not willing to pigeonhole what Patterson's role in this offense WILL be based on "common wisdom" about what he can and can't do, or on "what Brady thinks".

Sorry, but that's just too many blanket assumptions for me.

Thanks for the great write up as usual, Ken. Disturbing coaching decisions:

1. Not going for it on 4th down, as you already referenced. I have no idea why you give the team virtually a zero percent chance of victory when you have the most successful short yardage QB in league history. They waived the white flag.

2. The offensive decisions leading up to that play were atrocious. I get that Jacksonville is especially good in obvious passing situations, but the Patriots were forced to throw for some chunk yardage to stay in the game and instead went with dump offs way short of first downs, praying James White would get unrealistic yards after catch. Most disturbingly, they seemed to be designed plays rather than reads at the line.

3. Not sure if this is on Brady or McDaniels, but when the offense is struggling at halftime, it becomes Gronkowski or bust. Either you start throwing him some contested balls to open up the offense (which usually works) or die by too much reliance on guys who can’t consistently win matchups. Didn’t even seem like any designed plays to get him open.

4. It was hot, but it was also clear the pace was too slow all game. The offense would have been much better in a no huddle. Even if the 4th quarter down multiple TDs they were running the play clock down within five seconds. I thought they are the best conditioned team in the league, and that’s how you neutralize a pass rush. Jacksonville appeared to have punched themselves out but Patriots played my into the low tempo and didn’t take advantage.

5. You’re down big and get a kickoff from midfield, and the percentages don’t tell you try for an onside kick? You deserve a horrible result like a whole 25 yards of field position (when an onside kick would have gotten you 10 anyway.). Not sure if that was even the worst decision of the game in not trying an onside kick. The last kickoff was right in line with the decision to punt: waving the white flag.

6. Belichick, McDaniels, and Brady are always totally out of sync and play/coach scared in Miami and this reminded me of thise games. I think it’s more to do with the coaching. They seem to have some woeful game plans. Watching Michel get the ball on five straight plays without success brought back nightmarish flashbacks of Steven Jackson and losing HFA due to some inexplicably bad and predictable paycalling. I give Jacksonville credit, but I’ve seen them to the exact same thing against bad Dolphins defenses. Something about playing in the humidity makes them a lot worse.
I agree that the best way to take away a hard pass rush on the road is to go no huddle. I disagree on the onside kick. The correct play was the one that they attempted, which was to kick it to the GL and get the Jags pinned inside the 20. Gotskowski just kicked it about 3 yards too deep.

I agree that the best way to take away a hard pass rush on the road is to go no huddle. I disagree on the onside kick. The correct play was the one that they attempted, which was to kick it to the GL and get the Jags pinned inside the 20. Gotskowski just kicked it about 3 yards too deep.

I was wondering when they lined up if they shouldn't have had Ryan Allen attempt it.

1. The game plan on both sides of the ball was pretty much the same as the AFCCG where you were lucky to win. On offense I get it to a point. You've traded Cooks, you don't have DA or Edelman and you're down Cannon. On defense playing it safe didn't work the first time and it worked worse this time. You have to put pressure on Bortles.

2. They only lost by 11 in a game where it seemed like a lot more. On the positive side give the Patriots Edelman, Cannon and Gordon (if he can keep his head on straight) and this would be a different matchup.

3. The defense wasn't good but it did turn the Jags over twice and the offense squandered those chances.

4. The three play calls on the series where they kicked the FG from inside the 10 were so frustrating, conservative and unimaginative after such a great drive. So frustrating.

5. I think I could have missed that long FG as bad as Ghost and then kicking it in the EZ from the 50...awful.

6. I agree with IIB on going for the onside kick from the 50 in that spot. That's a no brainer. I also agree with him on the no huddle or at least a faster pace.

7. The short yardage play where they motioned Gronk to the left side of the formation, did anybody in America nevermind the Jaguars defense not know where that was going? That was the spot for play action. The Jags totally would have bit on that. Just look at the second Hogan TD where they faked a bubble screen to the same side. Why not more misdirections like that?

8. The Jags with all of their yapping are a team that could contend with the Sqeelers and the Ratbirds quickly in the most hated category because their players think they deserve every call and chirp all day.

9. Edelman is a guy who would have gotten in their heads.

10. Please Josh Gordon take the drugs the doctor prescribes not the kind you buy on the corner.
I thought the defense was very "aggressive" vs the Jags, and as it turned out, too aggressive at times. Without Flowers they rarely got any 4 man pressure like they did against the Texans.

I agree with your take on those 3 plays inside the 10 after that great drive. No crossers, no picks, no isolations.

I'm not worried about the Jags right now because I'm not sure who the Pats are right now. After the first game I thought they were better than I expected, after the 2nd, "not so much". Only time will tell how it will work out, but it WILL be different than what we saw Sunday

My 2 cents...

In 2017, with a roster full of younger players Belichick must have had a lot of confidence in given the team's recent successes, BB essentially took a pass on that year's best draftable talent and instead bought himself a WR from the Saints and selected only 4 players from that draft, beginning in the 3rd round.
From the 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017 drafts, NE has ONE player left on their roster who was taken in either the 1st or 2nd round...Malcom Brown
In 2018....I see a roster half full of JAGs, other teams castoffs, and players typically spotted on cellar dweller teams. In current form, NE's WR roster could be the least impressive grouping in the NFL forcing Brady to choose RBs as his most reliable receiving tool.
And today, BB is spending more draft capital on scraps from the worst team in professional sports.
To say that NE's personnel "experts" have failed epically to field a competent WR corp is a massive understatement.
23 and counting...
2 that belong in the NFL
1 that deserves a starting spot....as a #3
And a new guy with 2 strikes and zero discipline
Edelman is part of the solution but his presence will not absolve the total failure by the suits

I guessed a 10-6 record before the season started and I see no reason to adjust up.
The roster is unimpressive
The depth issues in certain groupings are glaring
I've watched a ton of football the past two weeks and I can't help but compare NE's athletes to the rest of the league. Pass rushers, WRs, RBs, LBs, DBs, OL.......and NE's talent underwhelms in comparison. BB and Brady are the great equalizers....but....it is not enough.

Now.....a glass half full moment.
Living in Florida and understanding the effects of the broiling summers here, I was impressed NE didn't wilt completely during the oppressive heat yesterday. Such heat not only effects the body but the mind as well. And NE stayed strong physically and mentally for 4 quarters. I give them credit and their fortitude gives me some hope.

The total inflexibility of the NFL....requiring players and fans to endure oven temperatures during the late southern summers is mind numbing. I've sat in Pro Player (or whatever they call it each new year) when it was 110+ degrees on the field and just as bad in the stands. Why the NFL won't allow these teams night games Saturday, Sundays and Mondays through the end of October is ....par for the course.

Note......my opinion of NE's roster has been consistent since training camp and not based on one loss.

Note 2...I agreed with Ramsey's sentiments on how to cover Gronkowski. DBs have the speed and agility that DEs and LBs don't typically possess to cover the big guy. The real issue for teams is if they have an extra DB to deploy on a TE. Given NE's league worst WR corp and zero fear of deep shots, Jacksonville had sufficient man power and executed the perfect Gronk defense. Edelman's arrival will give teams more to think about. More hope

Note 3: NE needs to stay healthier than in any other year.....another great equalizer....but an awful lot to ask
Here's what I think about how the Pat deal with WR's. I believe that do not believe that WR's, even elite ones, that are worth whatever top dollar is at the time. YES they would love to have AB or Julio Jones out there, but NOT at the cost they demand. I believe Bill thinks that the WR position has the most availability of any position. I believe Bill would rather pay 3 competent WR's $5MM each, than 1 elite WR $15MM, and use the money saved elsewhere (on the OL and DL)

The fact is that he has had almost 20 years of continuous success using this formula. So the lack of success in drafting WR's and developing them while clearly seems like a problem, I don't see Bill feeling that way. He takes shots in the dark and hopes for the best, and when they don't work, he finds guys like Amendola, Hogan, and TBrown, and makes them work because he knows he has the QB and the offensive system that can make it work.

BTW- the lack of WR's that the team finds itself in right now isn't all Bills fault. How could he know that Jordan, Kenny B, and Mitchell would all get hurt at the same time. Had any 2 of 3 of those guys remained healthy, we wouldn't be talking about the lack of WR's right now.

I strongly agree with @maineman209 that Brady needs to use Patterson more. He made a very nice catch of that TD ball that wasn't. Not his fault that it was thrown out of bounds. Now I'm not sure if he IS anything more than a gadget guy, but NOW is the time to find out.

I strongly agree with @maineman209 that Brady needs to use Patterson more.

Thanks! But I'm not sure that I actually said that Brady should use Patterson more.

I merely intended to point out that McD/Brady had more tgts for Patterson in week-2 than in week-1. I also pointed out that Patterson gave Brady a couple more opportunities to target him (probably successfully), but it appeared that Brady was fixed on going somewhere specific.

The thing that bugs me is how folks read all this stuff into Patterson being wide open and Brady not looking his way as evidence for some predetermined conclusion about Patterson. The fact is that, at various points in pretty much every game, the same thing has happened to Gronk, Hogan, Amendola, Edelman - they're wide open and Brady throws to someone else who's better covered.

Ken, good post as usual. But- you and the others really have to cut Hightower some slack. He has basically missed one year of football. He went out around this time of the year, last year with that shoulder tear in the Atlanta game.

Rewatch that game, and if you can really say that you think Hightower should be cut some slack I will be astonished. He was awful to the point of being comical in both games this year. Whether it's injury or age, he has no business being on an NFL field right now. Go dig Jonathan Casillas up from wherever he is right now and teach Hightower to longsnap or something.

I thought the defense was very "aggressive" vs the Jags, and as it turned out, too aggressive at times. Without Flowers they rarely got any 4 man pressure like they did against the Texans.

They became very aggressive once they were way down and especially in the second half. If not for that weak long TD where they completely broke down I thought they played much better once they got aggressive. They've gone vanilla early twice against this team and fallen way behind. You don't need to go Buddy Ryan but at least fake pressure and give the illusion to throw them off their stride.

Sorry about the delay in getting this out. I took my weekly sojourn to Foxwoods on Saturday and got myself down so badly that it took me until 9:30am on Sunday to even glimpse getting even. So by the time the game was over I took a nap and the next thing I knew it was almost noon on Monday. ;)

It wasn't pretty. In fact it was down right UGLY for a great part of this game. There is lots of blame to throw around and I will get to that in the breakdown, but I want to point out that this loss is just ONE game early in the season to a VERY good team, on the road. They laid an enormous egg. However they did show a lot of fight, especially in the second half when they came very close to clawing their way back into a game they had no business hanging around it.

Over the course of a long season their WILL be bad games. Occasionally you manage to win one or two of them. However when you are on the road and against a good team, the margin of victory becomes incredibly narrow. While they did make a few plays, they also made too many mistakes that cost them any chance to get back into this game.

ADVERSITY is a great character builder and a necessary one as a team creates its identity. So on a positive note, I felt the team passed its first test in the way it kept on fighting through the adversity. They played hard throughout the 2nd half. So while the knee-jerk hot takes of this game will feature the "this is the beginning of the end" dynamic; I would opine instead that this is just one game of 16 regular season battles, and this team shouldn't be judged on what happened on Sunday, but rather on how they RESPOND to that ass kicking, and the next couple of weeks will go a long way to telling that story.

So let the Felgers', Tomases' and Borges' have their fun this week. Over the last 20 years they haven't had many moments to raise their strident voices.... and I doubt they will have many more opportunities this season. But regardless, it is time to take a deep breath and get this breakdown over with. GOD we are spoiled, lets deal with the crap that every other team has to go through as quickly as we can and be done with and get on to the Lions . ;)

1. QB - Another game where Brady throws for almost a 70% completion rate (68.5%), and a 111 QB rating and the narrative of the game will be, "what's wrong with Brady". Well there is NOTHING wrong with Brady. Given the pressure he was under and other factors that we will discuss later, Brady was FINE. He certainly wasn't great. He missed some guys, and frankly for a rare moment, he wasn't the best QB on the field this Sunday. The REAL story at QB, in fact, wasn't Brady at all, it was Blake Bortles. He was magnificent, especially in that first half, where he was almost perfect. Every decision was correct, and every throw was right on the money. If this is what the Jags are going to get from this kid, then the Jags are going to be a tough out for EVERY one they play.

2. OL - Well for all the praise they got last week, it was not good this week. For all the crap they are likely to get for their pass blocking, the more hidden issue was the run blocking, imo. For the 2nd week in a row there was VERY little running room for whomever the Pats gave the ball to. Granted a lot of that has to do with how well the Jags front 7 played, but it was a rare play where any RB got 2 yds down field before they got hit. NOT GOOD. I'll wait until the film comes out, but in particular, it seemed to me that I saw David Andrews wind up BEHIND the LOS of more runs than I'd like. Is HE a problem in the run game?

I'll wait to see the stats geeks, give the hits, and pressures stats out, but they aren't going to be good. Let us hope that when we look back on this game, we will find that it was the low point and it all started to get better from here, Isn't that what the Pats are all about.....getting better?

3. RB's - When your best RB averaged 3.7ypc, it wasn't a good day for the RB's. But that being said, I Liked what I saw from Sony Michel. He ran hard and decisively in his first real action of the season. That was about all you could ask from a guy who missed the majority of the pre-season. But as we mentioned above, there wasn't much open space for them to run to yesterday.

BTW- We now have 2 guys (Burkhead and Michell) who we know will run hard and get some yards after the catch, there should be no need to ever give the ball to James White again on a running play, except for the occasional draw play. I know he only carried it 4 times, but that was about 3 times too many.

4. Receivers - Dorsett continued to prove to be steady and reliable. I would like him to be used more on deeper routes. I remember him beating coverage deep on at least one route that Brady overthrew a tad on. But again, Brady was rarely given the time to comfortably throw the deep ball on Sunday. Hogan made a few plays as well after being a virtual no show for the opener.

But the guy I want to talk about is Patterson. I really want to see this kid featured more. I love it when he gets his hands on the ball. He runs hard and with the quickness and abandon you wouldn't expect from a tall WR type. Granted his catch and fall down was an ugly play, it happens. He's another guy I would like to see utilized down field more, especially in the middle.

And as for Gronk, he got covered well by various combinations of Jags, and THIS time those doubles were executed very well. It was as simple as that. My only complaint was that he didn't get thrown to enough. He was getting grabbed (as usual) a lot, and I wonder if we could have gotten some flags

Telvin Smith was a binky of mine when he came out. To my mind he is the prototype of the SS/LB type that is necessary for defenses to have in this uber-passing game. Shazeir comes to mind as another guy like that and the one armed kid Seattle picked was my binky this year for that role. So yes it was very frustrating to watch Pats LB's being left in the dust by various combinations of RB's and WR's, but I really don't blame the players. They are what they are. What we do need is to find and develop a player to fill that role. Clearly it is difficult to find that kind of guy and I know that they are looking for him. The guy with 3 names the Eagles stole from us was another attempt to fill it. I really like what I saw from him that preseason. Too bad that stash job didn't work.

5. Defensive overview - Well that SUCKED. It certainly didn't help that Bortles had a career game, but I was concerned that it never got better as the game went along. One of the hallmarks of this long run was that over the course of the game, the defense would get better from quarter to quarter. I didn't get the sense that this was the case for this one. Did you?

A lot was made from the media and by fans about the different look the Pats D showed from Patricia to Flores. It looked more "aggressive", and of course everyone was happy with the "more aggressive" look they saw in the first game. Well let this be a lesson on WHY we haven't been all that aggressive over the years. We showed more 5 and 6 man rushes than I've seen in a long time, and for the most part, the defense PAID dearly for that aggression. I'm not sure whether it was a bad design, or the early loss of Flowers, or simply the matter of great decision making and execution by Bortles and the Jags; but way too often those 5 and 6 man rushes were turned into first downs.

6. Front Seven - You know my perception of the pass rush was that the DL was getting some decent initial push off the LOS, but it never QUITE got into Bortles' face often enough to disrupt his rhythm. No one seemed to stand out as a success or a problem in the rush, though it was clear that the Jags were attacking Davis on the run to great success. It is so hard to isolate what went wrong form the couch in front of the TV, and so easy to wait a few days when you can have the film guys break it down for us. So I won't try to guess what went wrong, but it WILL be important to get to this week's film review to get some of those answers so we can see how (hopefully) we fix it going forward.

b. Still waiting to see when Hightower will be removed from the milk carton.

7. Secondary - I didn't think the secondary played all that badly DESPITE all the yardage that got put on it. In this case, I thought it was more the Jags execution than bad play by the Pats. There were a LOT of completed passes that were the result of great throws and good designs than bad coverage. A lot of completed passes into tough coverage. It seemed that only later in the game when the Pats were taking even more chances did there seem to be guys running wide open.

b. This secondary has been so dependable over the last few years, that it will interesting to see how they try and replace Patrick Chung, one of the most underrated players in the league.

8. General observations. 77% was the stat that stood out to me as the one that typified this game. That 77% was the 3rd down conversion rate (10/14) That is TEN times the Pats had a chance to get their offense on the field and FAILED to do so. So if there is anything we want to figure out WHY, it is this. Christ, 5o% is a bad number and 33% (which is what the Jags got) is just barely OK. This is what tells the story of this game.

b. On a positive note, the Pats only committed 2 penalties, so you can say the overall team discipline improve substantially.

c. Think about this, in a game where the Pats were completely outplayed and outclassed after the first half, by the beginning of the 4th quarter they were a strip sack away from at worst, making that a one score game and a nail biting 4th quarter.

d. There were 3 disturbing plays that stood out for me in this game. One was the long TD run that finally put the game out of reach. It killed me to see so many missed tackles. Second was the offside on the punt that wasn't taken advantage of that ended ANY chance the Pats had to get back in the game. That was a mental lapse that Romo pointed out so well. Finally, it pissed me off that we were even punting in that situation at all. WHY weren't we going for it on 4th and an inch. What was the point of punting at all. Who cared if we didn't get it at that point. What were your "disturbing plays".

Summary:

Bad game against a good opponent. The bottom line all the breast beating we are about to hear this week will be soon forgotten, just like the noise after the KC game last season. So while all the issues we saw are real and need to be dealt with by this staff, we have to remember that this is the NFL and its how you finish and NOT how you start a season.

Good analysis as always, but a few items I think you should look at. The Pats issues are two things. Better game planning from the jump on defense and RT. Starting slow on defense and getting better as the season wears on is a signature of Belichick teams.

Watch the 2nd half in isolation. The Pats won the 2nd half 17-10. How'd that happen? 1) the defense adjusted and put pressure on Bortles, covered better without Chung or Rowe in the lineup (hmmm), and did a much better job at the line with their stunts giving a look of five coming on almost every play and sending three or four from different places. The Jags OL is enormous and good, but struggled in the 2nd half to get all the gaps covered.

The strip sack and fumble recovery by Dante Fowler in the 4th quarter ended what looked to me like a classic Patriots 4th quarter comeback win. The culprit? LaAdrian Waddle getting beat on a straight forward rush to the QB. The Patriots fooled around all week with WRs but need to address the tackle position. In Dante Scarnecchia I trust, but if a player isn't physically capable of blocking his position, he must be replaced. Waddle is one of those guys. I pray that Cannon can get and stay healthy.

Hollister flashed in this one with 3 catches on three targets and the reception for a first down in the 1st series. I suspect there is more of that coming. His value was diminished by the Jax pass rush against which Hollister is a liability.

I think you're correct, and I also think it shows that even the GOAT has some flaws. It's wrong for him to choose to lock onto his first preference and throw into coverage instead of checking on down the progression to throw to an open receiver, just because he doesn't "trust" him. Damnit if his coach (also the GOAT) trusts the receiver enough to put him on the roster and on the field it's stupid and selfish to override that out of fear it might hurt stats and QBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes