PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Earning millions and having Fun. The Patriot Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Pat

On the Roster
Reaction score
Every time i read about some player complaining about not having enough fun I die a little more inside. While i dont hate my job, I dont find it endlessly "fun".
WE the fans, employ said players to perform FOR US and ENTERTAIN and succeed for US.

I could not care less if they players are having a whale of a time and a jolly good joshing around session with their best buddies in all the world. ITS A JOB, DO YOUR JOB. If you dont find it fun, so what, just keep it to yourself. If there is one thing that turns me off a player its a player complaining while doing the job we all WISH we could do.

Did Marsh not think that the Patriot Way was winning, working hard and doing your job. Did he think it was the best most funnest wild most entertaining trip ever?

Sorry for my moan.

Great thread title...although I'm a little disappointed that you aren't hawking a self-help/how to book..woulda bought the book.

Marsh is an idiot but this reeks of fan entitletement.

No you don’t employ the players. You consume a product they are part of. The contract is you want to watch a football game, they provide football game, you pay. You don’t pay them. If anything you are the bottom in this equation

rubbish. The players are like employees. They are here for one reason. To generate money for the league and owners. Thats it. As long as they are doing that, the temporary happiness of players for a coupe of years on massive wages means zilch. So you want to codel the players even more do you? you want to pay them loads and go round to their house at night and massage their shoulders and whisper sweet nothings into their ears??
You sir, reek of player adulation and simpering hero worship. The TEAM comes first bnot the ind.

I, for one, admire the majority of the players for their amazing athletic abilities and mental and physical toughness. To compete at the NFL level, to make a team or even a practice squad, to me, is quite an accomplishment. Many come from difficult family backgrounds and find a way to flourish. Many give back to the local communities with their time and energy. I find it difficult to say anything disparaging about any of them.

We don't employ the players. The players could not give a **** about you, me, or any of us. We're impotent morons arguing over **** we have no control over to waste time at work. I would assume most NFL players hate the fanbase in general, and rightly so.

rubbish. The players are like employees. They are here for one reason. To generate money for the league and owners. Thats it. As long as they are doing that, the temporary happiness of players for a coupe of years on massive wages means zilch. So you want to codel the players even more do you? you want to pay them loads and go round to their house at night and massage their shoulders and whisper sweet nothings into their ears??
You sir, reek of player adulation and simpering hero worship. The TEAM comes first bnot the ind.
No they aren’t your employees. They work for a company whose product you consume. They don’t you owe you anything.

It’s the height of arrogance and delusion to think that.

Every time i read about some player complaining about not having enough fun I die a little more inside. While i dont hate my job, I dont find it endlessly "fun".
WE the fans, employ said players to perform FOR US and ENTERTAIN and succeed for US.

I could not care less if they players are having a whale of a time and a jolly good joshing around session with their best buddies in all the world. ITS A JOB, DO YOUR JOB. If you dont find it fun, so what, just keep it to yourself. If there is one thing that turns me off a player its a player complaining while doing the job we all WISH we could do.

Did Marsh not think that the Patriot Way was winning, working hard and doing your job. Did he think it was the best most funnest wild most entertaining trip ever?

Sorry for my moan.

Most players, play at most, 3 seasons in the NFL.

They then endure a lifetime of debilitating pain, in one form or another, particularly CTE.

Yet their rake isn't anywhere near the rake that the owners get, and most of the owners are either ignorant or incompetent. You want to complain, complain about the owners who are raking in massive dough and ruining the game out of pure greed.

[QUOTE="Yorkshire Pat, post: 5327506, member: 39020" The TEAM comes first bnot the ind.[/QUOTE]
Is that Olde English?

accidental post.

Last edited:
We don't employ the players. The players could not give a **** about you, me, or any of us. We're impotent morons arguing over **** we have no control over to waste time at work. I would assume most NFL players hate the fanbase in general, and rightly so.
Very true. In fact, they'd laugh at us for the way we talk about them on message boards. And it's even weirder when fans get offended when someone talks bad about a coach/player that they don't even know.

Very true. In fact, they'd laugh at us for the way we talk about them on message boards. And it's even weirder when fans get offended when someone talks bad about a coach/player that they don't even know.

At least we're not as bad as the college football fans who are a little too into recruiting. They should all probably be jailed for the way they talk about the legs and butts of 16 year old boys.

At least we're not as bad as the college football fans who are a little too into recruiting. They should all probably be jailed for the way they talk about the legs and butts of 16 year old boys.
I'd sure like to experience what it's like to be a college recruit (except for people talking about my legs and butt). The stories I've heard what really goes on in the recruiting process is crazy. These guys are treated like celebrities and hire women to show them a "good time". The NCAA is beyond corrupt.

Holy **** your attitude sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back